Astral Plane

Re: Roady Shot Diary Concert!..... I need advice

Post by Astral Plane »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:
Nick Hughes wrote:BAD NEW AND GOOD NEWS

I emailed bill Shelly a week ago and just got a reply

"We have footage but are not willing to part with it"

The person did say "the footage looks to be outside 1 camera from faraway"

I asked what type of clothes is the band wearing and I was told the guitarist was wearing a Red jumpsuit

I will update you guys when I know more
Thnx! Could be Port Vale indeed. (maybe Lintball was right...)
The question to ask: why are they not willing to part
It's pointless to me to keep it locked forever, if nothing else I would drop it on youtube for free so people can at least enjoy it and hopefully boosting up someone's legacy a litlle. :)

Read somewhere on this board a while back that there was negotiations for the Randy footage between Bill Shelly, and Sharon. Nothing came of it of course. Makes me wonder what they paid for the Palladium, and Albuquerque footage...

I attended a Led Zeppelin screening at the Avon Theatre a few years back. Bill did a question and answer segment with the crowd. He asked what bands we were interested in seeing, I was in the front row, so I said Randy Rhoads. Someone in the back yelled out YEAH! lol.. Bill just kind of nodded his head, and went on to the next person, I think he was possibly under strict orders to keep it secret. This was probably less than a year before the 30 Years After The Blizzard release.
Astral Plane

Post by Astral Plane »

He also stated that he had a meeting with Page, and Plant about Zeppelins Central Park footage, and that it was going to be released, but nothing has come of that..

On a side note, I pulled this old thread from the "claims Of footage" posting... has anyone heard any updates on these:

Manchester Show-claim has been made that the Manchester show was filmed by a member of the band crue.
Manchester might be a mislable of 1980 Leeds show

The Flying Dutchman heard that the Glasgow (Apollo theatre) show was filmed

Trigger's Claim
"A very reliable close friend of many years was shown Mr Crowley a while ago."
not pro-shot
much focus on Lee's drums, but with Randy and Ozzy in the shot
This means that we can be certain that 2 audience recorded shows from 1981and one another March '82 show are held by one group of individuals.

There are quite a few videos from the Glasgow Apollo Theater, ( AC/DC again being one of them) so I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Ozzy's was filmed
Nick Hughes
Cool Member

Post by Nick Hughes »

Astral Plane wrote:He also stated that he had a meeting with Page, and Plant about Zeppelins Central Park footage, and that it was going to be released, but nothing has come of that..

On a side note, I pulled this old thread from the "claims Of footage" posting... has anyone heard any updates on these:

Manchester Show-claim has been made that the Manchester show was filmed by a member of the band crue.
Manchester might be a mislable of 1980 Leeds show

The Flying Dutchman heard that the Glasgow (Apollo theatre) show was filmed

Trigger's Claim
"A very reliable close friend of many years was shown Mr Crowley a while ago."
not pro-shot
much focus on Lee's drums, but with Randy and Ozzy in the shot
This means that we can be certain that 2 audience recorded shows from 1981and one another March '82 show are held by one group of individuals.

There are quite a few videos from the Glasgow Apollo Theater, ( AC/DC again being one of them) so I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Ozzy's was filmed
Glasgow would be almost equal to the grail audio in terms of that show being the first

Do we have audio form that gig ?
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Astral Plane wrote:The Flying Dutchman heard that the Glasgow (Apollo theatre) show was filmed
You must confuse me here with Trigger. He spoke with someone that claimed to have seen some footage from that show.

My personal feeling is that they at least must have captured something from that first Blizzard tour as well. (pro or not)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Post by LongRhoadsAhead »

A lot of previous claims on here (legitimate or not) have gone ignored when there might be something to them. I'm starting to lose hpe in my lead because it's been a while now. I may send another email asking for an update. Not given up yet.
I went ahead and rode the white horse
devorerd
Cool Member

Post by devorerd »

Send the old...Appreciate your time, and if you do come across the footage, it would be very much appreciated if you contacted me...That's a nice way of saying...well ya know!
Astral Plane

Post by Astral Plane »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:
Astral Plane wrote:The Flying Dutchman heard that the Glasgow (Apollo theatre) show was filmed
You must confuse me here with Trigger. He spoke with someone that claimed to have seen some footage from that show.

My personal feeling is that they at least must have captured something from that first Blizzard tour as well. (pro or not)

I just copy and pasted that from the old "claims of footage" thread.. The possibilty of any film with Bob and Lee would be awesome
mpavlic

Post by mpavlic »

Footage is coming any day now hahaha.
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Here's his response when I asked if he's found it.

"i'm trying brother , no luck yet , i know its on an 8mm beta , yes i have one of those , i just got so much crap , if I come up with it , you'll be the first to know , it sucks actually , i haven't viewed for two years and then I moved and in between storage and where I am now , i can't locate some stuff , but i'm working on it."
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

what a surprise :shock: :lol:
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

LongRhoadsAhead wrote:Here's his response when I asked if he's found it.

"i'm trying brother , no luck yet , i know its on an 8mm beta , yes i have one of those , i just got so much crap , if I come up with it , you'll be the first to know , it sucks actually , i haven't viewed for two years and then I moved and in between storage and where I am now , i can't locate some stuff , but i'm working on it."

Sorry for bumping an older thread but I assume nothing came of this?

I've been out of touch on the quest for Randy footage so I'm doing some catch up reading.
mpavlic

Post by mpavlic »

Of course nothing came of it hahah.
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Well it's been a long time, and I had given up hope that he is telling the truth but a few days ago i received an email from the guy saying that he successfully found and had the video converted to DVD and now he is waiting on his digital copy (took longer because of memorial day holiday) which will be on youtube sometime this week. I hope I am not/have not been lied to but I choose to remain optimistic that good things will come of this. He says there is 1 hour 45 minutes of video if i understood his words correctly. If he turns out to be lying, please don't shoot the messenger (me) I am just trying to help get something new for us and the RR community. Let's hope this goes well!
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

LongRhoadsAhead wrote:Well it's been a long time, and I had given up hope that he is telling the truth but a few days ago i received an email from the guy saying that he successfully found and had the video converted to DVD and now he is waiting on his digital copy (took longer because of memorial day holiday) which will be on youtube sometime this week. I hope I am not/have not been lied to but I choose to remain optimistic that good things will come of this. He says there is 1 hour 45 minutes of video if i understood his words correctly. If he turns out to be lying, please don't shoot the messenger (me) I am just trying to help get something new for us and the RR community. Let's hope this goes well!

wow...its definitely a good sign that he contacted you after all this time. And its even better that he seems to be uploading it to you tube. Word of advice just in case the video gets pulled for whatever reasons. The 105 minutes is kind of confusing unless the guy taped the opening act also, who was that on the diary tour and was there even an opening act?? If there was it would be interesting to see if we could find out how long there average set list was compared to Ozzy's for the shows and maybe the two will add up to roughly 105min.

ALso, get a you tube video down loader extension for your Chrome or Firefox browsers and download it immediately just in case! I wish i would have done that with the Romeo Rose audio a few years ago where he recorded his conversation with the cop that was on the scene of the crash.
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Shockwave wrote:
LongRhoadsAhead wrote:Well it's been a long time, and I had given up hope that he is telling the truth but a few days ago i received an email from the guy saying that he successfully found and had the video converted to DVD and now he is waiting on his digital copy (took longer because of memorial day holiday) which will be on youtube sometime this week. I hope I am not/have not been lied to but I choose to remain optimistic that good things will come of this. He says there is 1 hour 45 minutes of video if i understood his words correctly. If he turns out to be lying, please don't shoot the messenger (me) I am just trying to help get something new for us and the RR community. Let's hope this goes well!

wow...its definitely a good sign that he contacted you after all this time. And its even better that he seems to be uploading it to you tube. Word of advice just in case the video gets pulled for whatever reasons. The 105 minutes is kind of confusing unless the guy taped the opening act also, who was that on the diary tour and was there even an opening act?? If there was it would be interesting to see if we could find out how long there average set list was compared to Ozzy's for the shows and maybe the two will add up to roughly 105min.

ALso, get a you tube video down loader extension for your Chrome or Firefox browsers and download it immediately just in case! I wish i would have done that with the Romeo Rose audio a few years ago where he recorded his conversation with the cop that was on the scene of the crash.
Oh I plan to download as soon as it is up (if it is up). But it isn't a diary show. HE brought his diary show and it was blank because ozz canceled that night. It was in Philly. But he found and brought his blizzard tour tape and that is what had almost 2 hours of footage. As soon as i get the notification that it is uploaded I will come back to this thread and give his youtube channel name so that you and everyone else can get it. I will download it before I even watch it just to be safe. If it gets removed I will see about how I can get copies of my download to anyone here that wants one. But I doubt it will get pulled since rosemont and palladium never did?