Laughing Gas?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Laughing Gas?

Post by Paul Wolfe »

So, for those who like to research and dig up possible "new" material, here's a challenge to look into:

A few years back, I heard that Randy & Quiet Riot had recorded Laughing Gas in the studio, complete with Randy's solo piece. From what I recall, Kevin DuBrow had given someone a copy of this recording, but I cannot recall who.

It's not the "grail" and not footage, but it would be cool to hear.
The Flying Dutchman

Re: Laughing Gas?

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Never heard of that Paul, but sounds interesting though! Hope someone can dig it up for us. :)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Randy Perry had the copy I'd heard about, I believe... don't know if he'd be willing to share.
Pepperchicken525

Post by Pepperchicken525 »

Yes, however it's lacking that distorted tone Randy had and there's a lot of delay on his guitar. It is a live in the studio set up and 'Inside You' and 'Killer Girls' we're done too. You can tell that the solo for the latter was still in the works. It was also obvious through the overall sound of the band that there was no intent to distribute those recordings. Is there still enough traffic through this site to make it worth getting that stuff in here?
Nick
Cool Member

Post by Nick »

I would love to hear it
Donnie
Cool Member

Post by Donnie »

Yeah would love to be able to hear these again!
1756 Mozart~1956 Rhoads~2156 ??????
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Pepperchicken525 wrote:Is there still enough traffic through this site to make it worth getting that stuff in here?
It would be the highlight of my year...
Donnie
Cool Member

Post by Donnie »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
Pepperchicken525 wrote:Is there still enough traffic through this site to make it worth getting that stuff in here?
It would be the highlight of my year...
Well it would be nice to hear these songs again in there entirety, just for the clarification of how hard and heavy sounding the band was before they were forced to put on the bs masks of alter reality. Such a good band with piss poor management.
Pepperchicken525

Is this the same Donnie that I played those over the internet for... way back when? It was just by chance that I even saw this post in the first place. Thought that maybe it was a sign or something.

-Randy
Donnie
Cool Member

Post by Donnie »

Pepperchicken525 wrote:Is this the same Donnie that I played those over the internet for... way back when? It was just by chance that I even saw this post in the first place. Thought that maybe it was a sign or something.

-Randy
Yeah thats me. Where have you been? Been some good stuff released and some other good stuff discovered and tucked away (phx bro, capitol theatre footage). And then there's Bob's grail tapes. Good days ahead perhaps?
barossadude

Post by barossadude »

Was "cash on the line" & "the mighty quinn" ever leaked out the back door so to speak? Had Kevin released another LP in the vein of QR the RR years Im sure we would have heard a few more unreleased songs & demos from that time.
"Rock n' Roll's universal" - Bon Scott, AC/DC
Pepperchicken525

To my knowledge, Kevin never put anything else out after QR:RRY. Not even leaked out the back door, as you said. I do know he had some audio that he planned to release at some point but he had quite a bit of resistance, then he died.
Donnie
Cool Member

Post by Donnie »

Pepperchicken525 wrote:To my knowledge, Kevin never put anything else out after QR:RRY. Not even leaked out the back door, as you said. I do know he had some audio that he planned to release at some point but he had quite a bit of resistance, then he died.
He posted a song on his website called Come and Gone, I think that was the title.
tihsyloh

Post by tihsyloh »

Some of this stuff was leaked a few years back. I downloaded a 14 song collection of demo/studio stuff from Cableguy's website a few years ago. If I remember corectly, it seems like he got them from someone close to the QR camp. It may have been claimed to have come from Kevin himself. It's been years since I downloaded these, I can't quite remember the whole story. Maybe someone on here remembers. They came as 128 bit rate mp3, but they did sound really clear and low generation. Here's the track list:

Come and gone
Always on the run
Cash on the line
Force of habit
Picking up the pieces
Slick black cadillac
Breaking up is a heartache
Just how you want it
The mighty Quinn
Gonna have a riot (Basic instumental track)
One in a million
Shakedown
Suicide show
West coast tryouts

Alot of these I never heard before at the time. I'm suprised they never showed up in the free audio section on this site, unless maybe it was requested not to at the time.
"But they're not blind, Its just that they won't see."[color=#0040FF][/color]
Pepperchicken525

I'm surprised that those are not in the free audio section too. I figured they
were.