Singers Randy Would Have Been Cool With

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

mojopin70
Mass Poster

Re: Singers Randy Would Have Been Cool With

Post by mojopin70 »

CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:Am I the only one here who thinks a DLR/RR team up would not have happened? Sorry guys, I just don't see it.

+1 What we do know is that Randy Rhoads was going to do what became "Speak / Talk of the Devil" -record another studio album then tour or not tour ( questionable) Then study for his masters degree in classical music.
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
No1UNo
Cool Member

Post by No1UNo »

I would love to see Michael Sweet of Stryper get involved in some of the RR Tributes and hear him sing more Ozzy songs. He has an incredible range and a strong set of pipes, and is one of the most underrated and best rock singers out there, especially compared to his 80's contemporaries.

Stryper did a pretty cool version of "Over the Mountain" on their album "The Covering" a few years back. Michael and the guitarist Oz Fox were huge Randy fans (Michael even had one of the earlier Jackson Rhoads Model guitars) and aside from the galloping time signature of the main rhythm guitar, they kill the song.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I think he would have worked with bowie at some point and in 83 bowie was massive, randy had been massive. This was also when David started to work with SRV and that ended badly.
I know this is just fun but RR did model himself on Mick Ronson, bowies ex guitarist and RR had played a bowie cover with QR.

I think it certain RR would have wanted to play on stage with DB. Had he done so randy would have ended up playing with Ronson too.

DB was the biggest thing around when randy died.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Ian, that makes sense... Randy would have had to kick his ass into playing something more rock like his early days though... even Randy couldn't have made some of those horrid '80's Bowie songs sound good :D
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

mojopin70 wrote:
oth wrote:yeah gb is hella good...but i think rr would ve liked the commercial edge of steve perry.He dug phil collins and foreigner so...fuck,foreigner was mega huge.remember when jukebox hero hit the radio...oh lord i loved that -not enough to buy it cuz i was too cheap but still.

What no David Lee Roth?? Wouldnt Randy have looked cool in this video??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmCU_QtSzWI

Sorry i had to i just had too.....
Attachments
10255130_632327860187304_9189918603076920771_n.jpg
(13.69 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Elvira
Cool Member

Post by Elvira »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
mojopin70 wrote:
oth wrote:yeah gb is hella good...but i think rr would ve liked the commercial edge of steve perry.He dug phil collins and foreigner so...fuck,foreigner was mega huge.remember when jukebox hero hit the radio...oh lord i loved that -not enough to buy it cuz i was too cheap but still.

What no David Lee Roth?? Wouldnt Randy have looked cool in this video??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmCU_QtSzWI

Sorry i had to i just had too.....
My God what a crazy trousers! :lol: