It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:55 pm


Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 21 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Singers Randy Would Have Been Cool With
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:03 am 
Cool Member

Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:29 am
Posts: 186
In my opinion....

1. Freddie Mercury
2. Rob Halford
3. Brad Delp
4. Steve Perry


And, last but not least, this guy:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry2slMUGDDA


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Singers Randy Would Have Been Cool With
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:58 am 
Cool Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:24 am
Posts: 274
Let my ppl goooooooooo!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Singers Randy Would Have Been Cool With
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:34 am 
Mass Poster

Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:19 am
Posts: 5171
I'd like to have heard Graham Bonnet's vocals over Randy's guitar



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Singers Randy Would Have Been Cool With
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:38 am 
Mass Poster

Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:51 am
Posts: 579
yeah gb is hella good...but i think rr would ve liked the commercial edge of steve perry.He dug phil collins and foreigner so...fuck,foreigner was mega huge.remember when jukebox hero hit the radio...oh lord i loved that -not enough to buy it cuz i was too cheap but still.

_________________
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Singers Randy Would Have Been Cool With
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:30 pm 
Mass Poster

Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:06 pm
Posts: 587
oth wrote:
yeah gb is hella good...but i think rr would ve liked the commercial edge of steve perry.He dug phil collins and foreigner so...fuck,foreigner was mega huge.remember when jukebox hero hit the radio...oh lord i loved that -not enough to buy it cuz i was too cheap but still.



What no David Lee Roth?? Wouldnt Randy have looked cool in this video??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmCU_QtSzWI

Sorry i had to i just had too.....

_________________
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Singers Randy Would Have Been Cool With
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:23 am 
Senior Member

Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:16 am
Posts: 85
I'll pass on anything related to VH - I've always been that way, so it's not related to the so-called rivalry. Even tho DLR had excellent stage presence, his vocals always irked me. But hey, it worked out pretty well for him, didn't it? Well, post GS/VH anyway.

_________________
I don't have a short attention span I


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Singers Randy Would Have Been Cool With
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:24 pm 
Mass Poster

Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:06 pm
Posts: 587
RRfan4eveRR wrote:
I'll pass on anything related to VH - I've always been that way, so it's not related to the so-called rivalry. Even tho DLR had excellent stage presence, his vocals always irked me. But hey, it worked out pretty well for him, didn't it? Well, post GS/VH anyway.



I think its hilarious how Mr Wolfe claims Randy Rhoads wouldve ended up in the Dave Lee Roth band ( probably wearing spandex) :roll:

_________________
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Singers Randy Would Have Been Cool With
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:09 pm 
Mass Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:43 pm
Posts: 832
I brought up this whole DLR thing a few weeks ago and looks like everyone took off with it. Could it have happened? Maybe...

But all this talk of randy not wanting to look like what DLR did or any other hair band did in the mid 80's is hilarious. Randy was dressing and acting like this in the late 70's with QR and was just as bad if not worse. A lot of the QR promo photos should be advertisements for tampons or alike products for spreads in magazines.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Singers Randy Would Have Been Cool With
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:15 pm 
Mass Poster

Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:06 pm
Posts: 587
Shockwave wrote:
I brought up this whole DLR thing a few weeks ago and looks like everyone took off with it. Could it have happened? Maybe...

But all this talk of randy not wanting to look like what DLR did or any other hair band did in the mid 80's is hilarious. Randy was dressing and acting like this in the late 70's with QR and was just as bad if not worse. A lot of the QR promo photos should be advertisements for tampons or alike products for spreads in magazines.


Are we re-writing history or speculating Rhoads couldve joined Dave Lee Roth and ended up looking like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmCU_QtSzWI


I dont see it......

The only thing i do know is that he wouldve recorded a live album ( Speak/talk of the Devil) and a third album then gone back to school to get a masters in classical guitar.

Wolfe has claimed he has proof Rhoads was leaving directly after "Speak of the Devil" ( but his source was proven to be a liar) and then he claimed Rhoads joining Dave Lee Roth was a real possibility, even though Vai was probably the best rock guitarist in L.A at that time and Rhoads`s style was completely different....

_________________
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Singers Randy Would Have Been Cool With
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:40 pm 
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:44 pm
Posts: 51
Location: Whittier Ca.
Dave's motives when putting his band together was partly to top his former bandmates.... I'm convinced of that. Dave left Van Halen in 1985. Randy (if he had fulfilled his commitment to Ozzy) would have left in or around 1984. I can see Dave trying to get Randy on board, (aside from Randy's obvious talent) just to stick it to Ed. It's obvious that Ed has always been a little bothered by Randy being compared to him... What better way to get under Ed's skin then for Dave to start a band with the great Randy Rhoads?!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Singers Randy Would Have Been Cool With
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:54 pm 
Mass Poster

Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:19 am
Posts: 5171
El Cochino wrote:
Dave's motives when putting his band together was partly to top his former bandmates.... I'm convinced of that. Dave left Van Halen in 1985. Randy (if he had fulfilled his commitment to Ozzy) would have left in or around 1984. I can see Dave trying to get Randy on board, (aside from Randy's obvious talent) just to stick it to Ed. It's obvious that Ed has always been a little bothered by Randy being compared to him... What better way to get under Ed's skin then for Dave to start a band with the great Randy Rhoads?!


That's exactly what I was trying to say when I brought up the idea. I also think that IF Randy entertained the idea, it'd be with the understanding that it would be a band not hired guns backing Dave. In a band situation, Randy would have a lot of say in what happened and a lot of Dave's stupid video stuff probably wouldn't have happened.

DLR with Randy would have lit a fire under Ed in my opinion, and Van Hagar would have been quite different as well.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Singers Randy Would Have Been Cool With
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:34 pm 
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:03 pm
Posts: 3600
Location: Gotham City
Randy teaming up with DLR wouldn't be that unlikely to me. BUT of course not before Randy got his master degree! :twisted:

_________________
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Singers Randy Would Have Been Cool With
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:59 pm 
Mass Poster

Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:06 pm
Posts: 587
The Flying Dutchman wrote:
Randy teaming up with DLR wouldn't be that unlikely to me. BUT of course not before Randy got his master degree! :twisted:


And recording the third album!

_________________
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Singers Randy Would Have Been Cool With
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:38 am 
Madman

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:21 pm
Posts: 486
Am I the only one here who thinks a DLR/RR team up would not have happened? Sorry guys, I just don't see it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Singers Randy Would Have Been Cool With
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:12 am 
Mass Poster

Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:19 am
Posts: 5171
CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:
Am I the only one here who thinks a DLR/RR team up would not have happened? Sorry guys, I just don't see it.


I never said it would have happened, I just think Dave would have asked Randy... he considered Steve Stevens prior to Vai, that would have been a different beast for sure. Dave knew Randy's ability and he was looking for someone who could compete on Ed's level. If Randy had been available, I seriously think he'd have tried to make it happen. That said, I don't think Randy would have gone for it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 21 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
twilightBB Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net