kamalayka
Cool Member

Anybody Ever See This Footage?

Post by kamalayka »

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Re: Anybody Ever See This Footage?

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Interesting... years ago I had 3 DVDs of Quiet Riot - 2 from the Starwood and 1 from the Whisky. The Starwood shows featured Randy in a white vest with black polka dots and a red vest with white polka dots (as in this video) the Whisky had him in blue with white polka dots... I have an avi copy of two of those, but not the one where he was in the red vest... this might be from that show, in which case there was a whole show, but it might be something different as it's been ages since I've seen that particular show. If it is the same one I'm thinking of, it's from September 22nd, 1979 not 1978.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Okay, it's not the footage I was thinking of... this is the Starwood show:

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I find it interesting that this footage was presented - which is different than the footage I've seen - and no one will discuss it. Is it because it's Quiet Riot and not the never-to-be-seen Ozzy footage? You guys will rave about 10 seconds of Randy in an Ozzy clip but won't say a word about eleven minutes of Randy with Quiet Riot.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

That's definitely new to me...but I only fast forwarded through it here and there and will never watch the whole thing. I have no interest in QR with or without Randy. The music flat out sucks IMO. The only thing I will watch from any of the QR stuff is Randy's spotlight solo.
Nick Hughes
Cool Member

Post by Nick Hughes »

This needs to be moved to the quiet riot thread
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

poofters
Last edited by TAB on Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
meadsie

Post by meadsie »

New to me too.

Totally agree with you Paul - a 10 second clip of Randy from 300 yards away and everyone is like WOWOWOWWWW!!

Yet here we have front row footage - right on Randy and people are like... Yeah... whatever...!

I would rather watch Randy with Ozzy.. BUT... this is Randy live!! :)
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

Nick Hughes wrote:This needs to be moved to the quiet riot thread
Why? It's still Randy isn't it?
Now, if it was some QR-gig pro-Randy it would've been a different matter ;)
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

Shockwave wrote:That's definitely new to me...but I only fast forwarded through it here and there and will never watch the whole thing. I have no interest in QR with or without Randy. The music flat out sucks IMO. The only thing I will watch from any of the QR stuff is Randy's spotlight solo.
+1
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
devorerd
Cool Member

Post by devorerd »

QR footage, while the songs themselves are painful, there are some cool fills that Randy throws in and his stage presence is awesome. After digesting all the Books I've read, it's even more obvious that KD is fighting for his 5 seconds of fame every night..Whereas, KG, Rudy and Drew recognized their place in the band and ultimately on stage.
camdenlp
Cool Member

Post by camdenlp »

Cool footage. Nice to see Randy up close!
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

Yeah,this is the Video that was available as mail order in hit Parader or Circus magazines..or both on VHS for like 49.00 or99.00$ which even now 25+ years later is Exensive for a 15 min Vid..But this was before Tribute and was the only Footage available (aside Bootlegs) Mine had a Very much Cheaper looking Title screen...but it is the same Footage I do believe
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

poofters