Ozzy London Hammersmith Odeon 1980 NEW pics.

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Ozzy London Hammersmith Odeon 1980 NEW pics.

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I found these over at Facebook i'm not sure if the group shot at the bottom is from the Hammersmith odeon as Ozzy has his blue top with stars on the front. The same one he wore at the Port Vale 1981 gig. Ozzy wore a red top on the September gig. The later October gig he wore a black top as seen in the pics below.
Red top as above
Attachments
Ozzy 1980 Hammersmith 4.jpg
(18.71 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Ozzy 1980 Hammersmith 3.jpg
Ozzy Hammersmith 1980 3.jpg
Ozzy 1980 Hammersmith 2.jpg
Ozzy 1980 Hammersmith.jpg
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ozzy London Hammersmith Odeon 1980 NEW pics.

Post by skezza »

Cheers Shaun, few guitarists have been photographed as much as Randy yet he had such a short career. Weird when you think about it.
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

poofters
Last edited by TAB on Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Wolfe
Cool Member

Post by Mr. Wolfe »

Is it me or does Randy look like he just wants to do something besides play with Ozzy here?

Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

Lmao!!!he looks like damn i did not sign up for this..
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

there are many photos from this show where Randy does look distant , out of sorts and pissed off in some facial expressions. Maybe Ozzy and Sharon pissed Randy off again. :lol:

some of Bobby D.

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Tom those are some awesome pics most of them i have not seen before. Like i mentioned earlier i don't think these pics are from either of the Hammersmith gigs. Randy has a black vest and Ozzy has a blue top with stars on the front . Do you know who shot these mint pics. I know Rob Ellis has a watermark on some 'REPFOTO'. But i'm curious to who took the other pics. Cheers Tom Great post dude ;-)

I know Randy was not happy while on this UK tour he was home sick and being hit on by $haron for signing contracts and other related documents. He didn't know what to do for the best. $haron even told Randy to reduce his guitar solo slot as it was boring. Even though the atmosphere was amazing at the gig i went to, and other venues had the same buzz. I honestly think when Randy was not on stage he was very much not loving his time on tour.
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

poofters
Last edited by TAB on Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

WOW, some great new photos I havent seen before, but I agree Randy looks little bored in some of the shots, but this was just probably one of those days. When these shots were taken in the September the band still had over a month worth of gigs to do, and I've seen shots later in the tour when Randy was smiling happily away, so I suppose we all have our off days, especially when youre the other side of the world missing youre loved ones back home.
You can't kill Rock 'n Roll
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

Absolutely lovely photos!!! Most of them are new to me :D Randy looks bored or pissed off indeed! I had to dig up the Hammersmith- boot and have a listen to it; sounds pretty good too!!!
Mikel
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

Hes probably unhappy about playing Sabbath songs, i thought they had to try and extended the set as much as possible on this first tour?. Cutting his spotlight solo makes no sense , didnt Lee do a drum solo too?
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

mojopin70 wrote:Hes probably unhappy about playing Sabbath songs, i thought they had to try and extended the set as much as possible on this first tour?. Cutting his spotlight solo makes no sense , didnt Lee do a drum solo too?
That is the mentality of a business woman, obviously to her ears she didn't realise what a vital part of the set this was. OK many concert goers don't love watching 10 min guitar solos. Or drummers like Carmine Appice who try to steal the show with a 20 minute drum solo. But to say Randy was boring is like telling Jimi Hendrix to stop fkn around with setting his guitar on fire and the play the damn thing. $haron was nothing more then a mouth piece and i think she knew she had an element of power if not for her job on this tour. But to be a fly on the wall for her father Don. No one crossed him and he was feared by many. So i think Randy felt like he had to 'Yes' $haron and do as he was told.
I would have to listen to a 1980 bootleg to remind me if Lee did a drum solo, i should imagine he did to lengthen the set.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I remember looking forward to the extended guitar solo sections when going to concerts back in the '80's. The two I actually remember liking the best were Dave Murray and Mathhias Jabs. I liked Jake's as much for the way the guy would move as for his playing, he just looked like what a rock star should be.

What I remember about Seeing VH in '84 is that Ed's solo seemed to go on way to long (but it was still more enjoyable than Dave's dance with the sword or the drum solo or bass solo).

Paul Gilbert's solo with Mr. Big as the open for Rush (Presto tour) was pretty memorable, too.
Nick Hughes
Cool Member

Post by Nick Hughes »

Paul Wolfe wrote:I remember looking forward to the extended guitar solo sections when going to concerts back in the '80's. The two I actually remember liking the best were Dave Murray and Mathhias Jabs. I liked Jake's as much for the way the guy would move as for his playing, he just looked like what a rock star should be.

What I remember about Seeing VH in '84 is that Ed's solo seemed to go on way to long (but it was still more enjoyable than Dave's dance with the sword or the drum solo or bass solo).

Paul Gilbert's solo with Mr. Big as the open for Rush (Presto tour) was pretty memorable, too.

OMG Paul your alive
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Nick Hughes wrote:OMG Paul your alive
My proper screen name is alive!