Footage we know of

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

TAB
Madman

Re: Footage we know of

Post by TAB »

Shockwave wrote:
TAB wrote:Only one problem Shockwave , it wasn't PCM who started the whole shitball with the Phx stuff .. lol ,

Lol I thought I thought It may have been you instead , didn't bother looking it up though. Getting old, going senile :)
I know it's been a while now, I am getting old and senile too :lol: I forgot my pass here :lol:
GuitarJoe
Cool Member

Post by GuitarJoe »

Nick Hughes wrote:Ok let's list all of the footage we know exists

New York day
New your night

After hours

New Mexico

Chicago

Phoenix brothers footage

Capital theater( owner still getting back with me on the footage because he has to look and see what survived the fire WAS told that there is some kind of pro audio soundboard)

Port vale (crazy train & believer)

Did I miss any
The film that was shot on Dec 31st 1981. Two On The Town used some footage, and Entertainment Tonight used some and so did MTV.
camdenlp
Cool Member

Post by camdenlp »

This one ^^ would be so sick! It's gotta be out there
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

I remember the topic on that ET footage a few years back but supposedly Randy was not shot all that much sadly and was only I think 3 songs.
kamalayka
Cool Member

Post by kamalayka »

I don't see what's so great about new footage. And even if more is found, it won't be long before everybody is bored with it.

At least there's plenty of Quiet Riot stuff to watch, though. (And Randy looks much happier there than with Ozzy.)
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

kamalayka wrote:I don't see what's so great about new footage. And even if more is found, it won't be long before everybody is bored with it.

At least there's plenty of Quiet Riot stuff to watch, though. (And Randy looks much happier there than with Ozzy.)
I couldn't agree with you more! I've always felt that Randy looked like he was having fun in the Quiet Riot videos... it would be nice to see an entire Ozzy show to see if he had that look of enjoying what he was doing.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

Paul Wolfe wrote:it would be nice to see an entire Ozzy show to see if he had that look of enjoying what he was doing.
Even if he didn't, it could have something to do with the complexity of his Ozzy-music
as compared to Quiet Riot. A focus matter...
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Stiltzkin wrote:
Paul Wolfe wrote:it would be nice to see an entire Ozzy show to see if he had that look of enjoying what he was doing.
Even if he didn't, it could have something to do with the complexity of his Ozzy-music
as compared to Quiet Riot. A focus matter...
As I've said before, go back and listen to tapes of Randy's lessons. Randy was already playing this stuff before he was with Ozzy. Anything he played live was not difficult for him at all. I believe he was happier with QR because it was his band as opposed to being a hired gun who was unhappy with being there from very early on.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

Paul Wolfe wrote:As I've said before, go back and listen to tapes of Randy's lessons. Randy was already playing this stuff before he was with Ozzy.
I know that and I've heard the tapes, but it's one thing to play it in a lesson setting than in a live setting ;)
not saying he couldn't pull it off, because he could and he did a damn fine job too :)
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

Yeah I saw a headline from HMH show called Cods wallop & Ozzys Codpiece was so big I figured id make it bigger & call it Cods wallop
lol
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

kamalayka wrote:I don't see what's so great about new footage. And even if more is found, it won't be long before everybody is bored with it.

I don't agree with that personally but everyone is different and can choose to remember Randy how they want to. It doesn't matter that Randy could play the licks in QR, it was still a different time in his life and he had a different stage presence than with Ozzy. He was more exciting with Ozzy. No way I find any of it boring or get bored by it, if it's 3 seconds long. It's more than what was available yesterday. Again my opinion and there is no standard how you have to like Randy. I agree I am glad at least we do have the QR stuff and value that as well all be it a different band.
Nick Hughes
Cool Member

Post by Nick Hughes »

Adding Capital Theater and maybe Day of The Green
dmnjr
Cool Member

Post by dmnjr »

Capital Theater is still pure speculation with no visual confirmation from anyone. The Phoenix footage at least has multiple confirmations as well as screen stills taken and shared. (TAB? Thank you!)
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

This thread is great, any chance of it being stickied to the top? I think it should because it's great to have details on footage or possible footage.

Bump to the top
leftyaxeman

Post by leftyaxeman »

I was at the Capital Theater show. I was 5th row. I would love to see that footage. I don't think it exists unfortunately, it would have surfaced by now. I believe it was destroyed in the fire.