HMH 1981 never before seen footage filmed from the stage...

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Madman56
Cool Member

Re: HMH 1981 never before seen footage filmed from the stage

Post by Madman56 »

Thanks for sharing this, cheers!
stress2stress2
Cool Member

Post by stress2stress2 »

OK, Kids,

Let's review what Guitaridol just did.

-had a good idea
-acted on it in a tenacious way
-worked independently
-didn't give a rat's ass about the odds or what anyone else said or thought
-did the best he could with what he had where he was
-walked the f-in' talk
-showed seriously meaningful results
-coughed up his own f-in' cash!!!
-selflessly shared it with the planet
-permanently shifted the paradigm here at UR
-gained my well-earned respect and appreciation

Holy shit....talk about a teachable f-in' moment.

I challenge anyone to beat that.

Cheers Shaun!

-Tim
Nick Hughes
Cool Member

Post by Nick Hughes »

stress2stress2 wrote:OK, Kids,

-had a good idea
-worked independently
-walked the f-in' talk

Cheers Shaun!

-Tim

+100
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

stress2stress2 wrote:permanently shifted the paradigm here at UR
Huh?
shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

Awesome.
Matlike1

Post by Matlike1 »

Great video, thanks for that mate. I love being in 1981 again when I watch that stuff. Not much of Randy of course (there never is), but still cool to see, it is so iconic in the history of rock. There is so little out there on Randy I guess that's what makes this sort of stuff so cool is when we do find video with him. Today there is no mystique with any artists or very many people anymore, but with stuff from back in Randy's day it's like gold when you can find something like this, or anything, really.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

stress2stress2 wrote:OK, Kids,

-had a good idea
-worked independently
-walked the f-in' talk

Cheers Shaun!
-Tim
Are shucks it was nothing, i just tried to do something cool for the guys here. Thanks for the kudos ;-)
Paul don't piss on my parade i'm lapping up the love from fellow fans ;-)
stress2stress2
Cool Member

Post by stress2stress2 »

What threw you , Paul, the word paradigm or the fact that Shaun parted with his hard-earned cash and not a single pint was involved?

;-)
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

Great stuff!!! Thanks for sharing this :mrgreen: I wouldn mind seeing the whole thing; Motörhead was on top of their game :D
Mikel
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:It's here ...and on a first watch i was well impressed the audio is really good it's just a shame that the focus of this dvd is on Motorhead. The film starts with Ozzy walking to the stage with $haron. Then they are waiting in the wings with Tommy and the members of motorhead. Ozzy and Lemmy & co pose for photographs and David Arden and Sharon are seen talking... Ozzy is getting psyched up as Lemmy goes to the stage to introduce the band. "I'm here i'm fucking here...Lets give these fuckers some Heavy Rock..." Tommy Aldridge is zoomed in and he hits his sticks together for the count.. the gong chimes in for the start of 'I Don't know'. The annoying part is why the camerman didn't go and view the band from inside the stage area. He stays outside in the wings zooming in and out on Tommy etc. The film cuts to out front and zooms in on Ozzy and Randy for a few seconds..."get that camera back on the band" as it focuses onto the crowd...more crowd shots ...then it cuts to Lemmy signing autographs for 2 girls in the wings as Crazy Train thunders on in the background...... The atmosphere during Crazy Train is amazing the crowd are all 'sky punching' to the beat. The image of the still i showed earlier is about as much as you see of Randy and the camera mainly focuses on the crowd going nuts. Then it cuts into 'Believer' with more crowd shots from the other side of the stage. The bottle fight is filmed as The Good the Bad and Ugly theme intro starts.. Ozzy comes on stage as it fades out and introduces Motorhead..all filmed from the same angle as the Randy shot.

Enjoy .... http://youtu.be/xZg_GcJXCU8

Ace of spades fires up after the intro of The Good the bad and the Ugly soundtrack, No Class. A very drunk Fast Eddie talking bolloxs down the mic with 100,000 watts of feedback and into the Hammer. The film then cuts back stage as Father Taylor videos his son on stage from behind the wall of amplifiers. If only he was here for the Ozzy footage. Lemmy is focused on and introduces 'Leaving Here..' No motorhead concert would be complete without the request for it to be turned UP...The focus goes back to Philthy Phil as Jailbait kicks in...for the full track..The angle goes to behind Phil's drumkit as Iron Horse Born to Lose is introduced... then it cuts off... I think i'll have that on again...Very nostalgic!!!
Shaun you did it a week ago and now again you made my day! 8)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

OK Pat i'm glad you appreciate it. We talked about other possibilities of film from this gig and from what i can make out that other clip of Randy is from another source. If it was done by Mr Taylor the clip would be on here amongst the footage. As you can see it has not been edited and its how it was filmed from start to finish.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:We talked about other possibilities of film from this gig and from what i can make out that other clip of Randy is from another source. If it was done by Mr Taylor the clip would be on here amongst the footage.
You're very right indeed. That means there were at least two cams filming that day around the stage. So we can still wonder IF the other source captured more from Randy as well?
Because this complete footage from Mr Taylor makes more sense to me by not only filming a couple minutes backstage but also filming something from the gig(s) itself. Who would film only a few minutes backstage and nothing from the gig itself like the´other source´ maybe did?
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Nick Hughes
Cool Member

Post by Nick Hughes »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:We talked about other possibilities of film from this gig and from what i can make out that other clip of Randy is from another source. If it was done by Mr Taylor the clip would be on here amongst the footage.
You're very right indeed. That means there were at least two cams filming that day around the stage. So we can still wonder IF the other source captured more from Randy as well?
Because this complete footage from Mr Taylor makes more sense to me by not only filming a couple minutes backstage but also filming something from the gig(s) itself. Who would film only a few minutes backstage and nothing from the gig itself like the´other source´ maybe did?
Why would someone film Rudy during the guitar solo?

So many whys but no answers

Thanks for the new footage
RRfan4eveRR

Post by RRfan4eveRR »

My only guess as far as Rudy goes is that he moved around a lot, perhaps even more than Ozzy, so the camera naturally followed him l Rudy around.

And, WOW! Even though it's not a lot, we see what Randy saw that day and it's not often (enough, ever) that we have that chance! Thank you, Shawn- for your tireless dedication to Randy's memory- it's quite obvious it comes from the heart and that it's not contingent upon any profit for you personally, and I have nothing but mad respect for that!
I don't have a short attention span I
Stewie
Mass Poster

Post by Stewie »

Thanks for the footage Shaun.. BIG thanks