The Holy Grail- Ozzy Osbourne

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

mojopin70
Mass Poster

The Holy Grail- Ozzy Osbourne

Post by mojopin70 »

Another uploader of Bobs audio clips .Hes changed the name of the video to " The Holy Grail -Ozzy Osbourne"

Idiot.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEgu5I07pG8
Last edited by mojopin70 on Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
Nick Hughes
Cool Member

Re: The Holy Grail- Ozzy Osbourne

Post by Nick Hughes »

Guys just go to bobs site he has all the little teasers up their don't be lazy

If people keep taken the audio from bobs site he's gonna take all the aduio down and we all will be fucked

Just go to bobs site
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

Nick Hughes wrote:Guys just go to bobs site he has all the little teasers up their don't be lazy

If people keep taken the audio from bobs site he's gonna take all the aduio down and we all will be fucked

Just go to bobs site

Ill doubt you will see Doam clips now.

Im not sending people to this latest uploader to listen to Bobs captured clips, im trying to get them taken down. The reason is this , every time one is deleted another one is put up.

The unauthorized use of Bob`s clips on you tube have not gone down well, they were legal in the context of the Q&A and explanations with very short clips on his site and within copyright law.
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
alborg
Cool Member

Post by alborg »

Well you can't control peoples stupidity... Bite the hand that feeds you.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

alborg wrote:Well you can't control peoples stupidity... Bite the hand that feeds you.

Pleased to see this :

"The Holy Grail..." This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Bob Daisley.

Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

mojopin70 wrote:Pleased to see this :

"The Holy Grail..." This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Bob Daisley.
it's only a matter of time before these clips get pulled from his website
in order to prevent further spreading to happen...
alborg
Cool Member

Post by alborg »

Whats the point in Bob going to all the trouble to let us hear some of the tapes if all it brings him is grief?
If he was nice enough to do an interview & host the clips on his site then people should respect that & not cause possible copyright problems...
Nick Hughes
Cool Member

Post by Nick Hughes »

alborg wrote:Whats the point in Bob going to all the trouble to let us hear some of the tapes if all it brings him is grief?
If he was nice enough to do an interview & host the clips on his site then people should respect that & not cause possible copyright problems...
+1
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

Stiltzkin wrote:

I know what youre saying...

I know that in the context of the clips with the Q&A and explanations they are legally within copyright laws on Bob`s site thats why they are still there ( i think they are anyway).Its a shame that people went over there and used audio capturing software which was stupid and did that claiming to be "fans".I don't think Bob expected them to go straight to you tube. Many people might have thought that would happen and i understand that. But i think Bob needed some persuading to do it in the first place and they were put up on 19/3/ for obvious reasons -i thought that was a kind thing to do. Im not really sure if hes going to put up the Doam clips now but apparently they are amazing.

Mr. Wolfe
Cool Member

Post by Mr. Wolfe »

I get what you are saying about immediately taking stuff and reposting it. However, in this day and age anyone who isn't ready for that to happen is very naive. It's just the way the game is played these days.
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

Stiltzkin wrote:

The audio clips aren't going to be removed from Bob's website to prevent further spreading, they're just a drop in the ocean to what's on his tapes.
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

First sample sounds very Black Sabbath'ish. I just wonder if they perhaps said "Randy, cut trying to sound like Sabbath" because the final BOO sounds nothing like Sabbath. I love the Crazy Train clip, some great soloing from Randy. I like some of the little riffs he throws in, in that final clip, in a weird Led Zeppelin'y way.

I hope they keep them off YouTube. Bob has no reason to release these.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

These were a treat to hear. Thanks to Sky and Bob for putting these up, for everyone to enjoy. 8) Everything else released up to this point pales.
Too bad folks have this need to be the town crier, (or village idiot), who was first to post it on yt. I expected that to happen though.
Though, exposure like that could also be used as a tool. It really is a clear-cut case of cutting off her own nose to spite her face. It's fuckin' stupid to not release these, $he could buy a new face, twice!
At best, we know they exist and are being preserved properly. We can hope for some Diary clips, someday.
Thanks again for the share, gentlemen!

~T
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
BowTie29
Cool Member

Post by BowTie29 »

Really cool to hear, the vocal melody in the first clip is identical (slightly faster) to a melody in God is Dead from 13. The solo in the last clip was my favourite, it shows the classical/metal thing that he was going with and maybe is where he would have gone more so after Ozzy. It is very classical sounding, yet very different from the neo-classical shred, definitely something new and original. It'd be great to hear more if Bob is willing to put them up and fans are willing to respect them.
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

whoopiecat wrote:These were a treat to hear. Thanks to Sky and Bob for putting these up, for everyone to enjoy. 8) Everything else released up to this point pales.
Too bad folks have this need to be the town crier, (or village idiot), who was first to post it on yt. I expected that to happen though.
Though, exposure like that could also be used as a tool. It really is a clear-cut case of cutting off her own nose to spite her face. It's fuckin' stupid to not release these, $he could buy a new face, twice!
At best, we know they exist and are being preserved properly. We can hope for some Diary clips, someday.
Thanks again for the share, gentlemen!

~T
You're very welcome Tom, and thanks for contributing to the questions. Bob agreed to release the audio clips on March 19th in memory of Randy, but he wanted them to be part of a Q&A so that they could be heard in context and people's questions could be answered. If he'd wanted the clips released on YT with no information they would've been uploaded on his own YT channel. I have no doubt that the Grail will be released in its entirety when the time is right, hopefully in the not too distant future.
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley