After Hours footage question

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

AlanF

After Hours footage question

Post by AlanF »

Watching it again, I noticed Randys 'Concorde' guitar was on display. Was it a 'spare' incase of a broken string or was it used to promote Jackson guitars.............or (hopefully) used for a song that wasn't shown?
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Re: After Hours footage question

Post by Shockwave »

Probably just habit from the roadies, they probably had no idea what songs were going to be played possibly. Either way things could change quickly and they could have added another song or two if they wanted. Better to have the guitars ready to go either way.

There are no additional songs, the did play all 4 songs twice though and kept the best versions for the broadcast. The altnernate takes never surfaced and were most likely destroyed.
Nick Hughes
Cool Member

Post by Nick Hughes »

Shockwave wrote:Probably just habit from the roadies, they probably had no idea what songs were going to be played possibly. Either way things could change quickly and they could have added another song or two if they wanted. Better to have the guitars ready to go either way.

There are no additional songs, the did play all 4 songs twice though and kept the best versions for the broadcast. The altnernate takes never surfaced and were most likely destroyed.
:(
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

Shockwave wrote:Probably just habit from the roadies, they probably had no idea what songs were going to be played possibly. Either way things could change quickly and they could have added another song or two if they wanted. Better to have the guitars ready to go either way.

Damn. If only the station knew what they had at the time, huh? :cry:
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

AlanF wrote:was it used to promote Jackson guitars
no way it was this as "jackson" guitars did not exist at this stage (well depending on when AF was shot i guess)

as said I would say just habit and maybe a back up (although the V was tuned to eb I doubt it was that either)
AlanF

Post by AlanF »

sytharnia wrote:
no way it was this as "jackson" guitars did not exist at this stage (well depending on when AF was shot i guess)
Are you sure?

Jackson Guitars originated in 1980 when guitarist Randy Rhoads approached Charvel with an idea for an individualized guitar. The collaborative design effort between Rhoads, Grover Jackson, Tim Wilson, and Mike Shannon resulted in the creation of the Concorde, an innovative revamp of the traditional Flying V. The Rhoads guitar model designs were such a departure from Charvel's Stratocaster-based models that Grover elected to label them with his own name
Mr. Wolfe
Cool Member

Post by Mr. Wolfe »

AlanF wrote:
sytharnia wrote:
Are you sure?

Jackson Guitars originated in 1980 when guitarist Randy Rhoads approached Charvel with an idea for an individualized guitar. The collaborative design effort between Rhoads, Grover Jackson, Tim Wilson, and Mike Shannon resulted in the creation of the Concorde, an innovative revamp of the traditional Flying V. The Rhoads guitar model designs were such a departure from Charvel's Stratocaster-based models that Grover elected to label them with his own name
Grover put his name on Randy's guitars because he worked for Charvel and didn't want to use the Charvel logo on a custom one time project. When Ozzy started taking off Charvel and Jackson re-worked their business arrangement. It's convenient for them to re-write history now that Randy's guitars are so iconic.