Bob Daisley Holy Grail Audio

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

tihsyloh

Re: Bob Daisley Holy Grail Audio

Post by tihsyloh »

Holy shit, these sound better and clearer than I thought they would! Then again I wouldn't of cared if they sounded bad, I still enjoyed hearing that Suicide Solution session that surfaced a few years ago. What a damn shame that severe greed and spite prevented these from being on the 30th boxset! I think it would of been fair to have at least one bonus disc of this stuff, considering what they charged for the thing. Instead (as far as bonus tracks) we got Goodbye to Romance without Bob and Lee. I always figured they did that as an extra FU to them. I just wanna say Thank You Bob for giving us these samples, and not being afraid to rattle the cage a bit! It's a great tribute!
"But they're not blind, Its just that they won't see."[color=#0040FF][/color]
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Awesome!...Pretty cool licks in there. That first song had a nice groove to it.

There is no doubt this will shortly be taken down on youtube once Ozzy's camp gets word of it, word of advice, get a chrome extension to download the audio or video of it.

I already have so at least we have it permanently no matter what :)
fortress
Madman

Post by fortress »

ITs just special hearing Randy Playing something else, even if its 40 sec long! God, what i would pay to hear a third album
NoQuattro
Cool Member

Post by NoQuattro »

This was just fucking amazing. I'll take the grail tapes over hi-def video of the songs we've already heard any day. That off the cuff Crazy Train solo...wow. All of it he shared was amazing. I really hope all of this sees the light of day soon. Lots of original ideas and reworks in here. Thank you, Bob.
"Everyone says theres nothing new that can be done with a guitar, but when people like Randy come along, they realize they're wrong." -- Angus Young, AC/DC
shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

Very cool. Thx!
RRfan4eveRR

Post by RRfan4eveRR »

Thank you, Bob & stu! That was awesome and it was definitely much better than I had expected the Grail to be!

And on March 19th nonetheless!

(Btw I'd have posted yesterday in memory of Randy however my father passed away quite suddenly from cancer last Friday- capping off a rather tumultuous month for me personally. I need a break!)
I don't have a short attention span I
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

Thus goes the old saying - it won't happen overnight but it will happen.
meadsie

Post by meadsie »

This to me wipes out anything that has previously ore recently released.
What a fantastic gesture and commitment from Bob.

Oh how I would love to hear all of the tapes! Great stuff and priceless snippets.

Do you know? Out of Everyone, Bob to me is the only one who has delivered to the fans.
He kept his word on his book and now with "The Grail".

Top Marks Bob and HUGE respect!

This is one fan who has waited over 30 years to hear stuff like this.
My has it been worth it.

Richard
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

meadsie wrote:This to me wipes out anything that has previously ore recently released.
What a fantastic gesture and commitment from Bob.

Oh how I would love to hear all of the tapes! Great stuff and priceless snippets.

Do you know? Out of Everyone, Bob to me is the only one who has delivered to the fans.
He kept his word on his book and now with "The Grail".

Top Marks Bob and HUGE respect!

This is one fan who has waited over 30 years to hear stuff like this.
My has it been worth it.

Richard
This is about how I feel. Bob has been really great and he has a lot of creditability with me.

I also think Bob deserves more credit in general with the Ozzy camp. That part is probably wishful thinking but hey. I notice that when Bob is involved with Ozzy the best albums were made. Specifically BOO, DOAM, and NMT. I wish Ozzy would own up to it all and get back to making great music with Bob. Carry on.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

Stuthedew0 wrote:Bob Daisley released a few audio snippets from the "Holy Grail"
They're compiled here for easy listening. Hopefully it doesn't get flagged or anything. Enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj_Gc27j ... e=youtu.be
Figured I'd share the wealth, here's the Interview http://www.bobdaisley.com/content/blizz ... holy-grail

Long time since anything new like this has surfaced to my knowledge

:shock:
What did you do that for? he didnt want his clips captured and then uploaded to youtube...you realise you might just have put him off putting clips from Doam up now dont you?
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Very special
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Nick Hughes
Cool Member

Post by Nick Hughes »

I think more is coming soon

Is it me or does the grail version of steal away the night sound more sabbath

Question: How is bob able to release these little teasers without being sued by the Osbourne camp ?
Jeffozz

Post by Jeffozz »

Not just you...
Steal Away is VERY similar to Sabbath's God Is Dead?
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

Nick Hughes wrote:Question: How is bob able to release these little teasers without being sued by the Osbourne camp ?
What's saying he isn't?
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

Stiltzkin wrote:
Nick Hughes wrote:Question: How is bob able to release these little teasers without being sued by the Osbourne camp ?
What's saying he isn't?
Bob's not being sued by anyone, if you've heard that then it's a rumor, and it's rubbish.