natosich

Re: Bob Daisley Holy Grail Audio

Post by natosich »

Thanks BD! Great stuff!
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I could understand anything of Bob's grail which does not have any vocal track or Ozzy contribution to be fine to upload to soundcloud etc. But a couple of those tracks have Ozzy on which would be an issue for the O's to kick up a stink.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Bob is not going to get sued over this, he will get a formal letter or something along those lines saying do not do this again without the Osbournes permission.

I was pretty impressed with Ozzy on these snippets though, he sounds energized and natural, after all they were just jamming and Ozzy was doing his part with the band. Some of those vocal melodies were pretty damn cool and nothing like we heard on Blizzard or Diary. Ozzy was a drunk but when he needed to show he showed...I doubt Ozzy was drunk 24/7 as always described. Sure he would probably come to jam with the band and then start drinking, but he probably wasn't drunk for hours after they all got together....And even at that point they were probably done jamming for the day/night. Even Bob to this day still says he and Ozzy got along, and still would get along great..it was all Sharon's doing. He played with Ozzy all the way until NMT so that should tell you everything....He didnt just start magically hating Ozzy in 1981.

Anyway....what month was Diary recorded in??? Bob said he has tapes of them going all the way up to March 1981 which is pretty much immediately before they got fired! Those later tapes must be mainly jam sessions i imagine?
No1UNo
Cool Member

Post by No1UNo »

Very, very, very, very cool. Thanks so much, Bob - we love you and owe you a lot for your hand in the creation of these songs so beloved to us. As much as we love and miss Randy here, Bob holds the key to the history of these amazing albums and their evolution into timeless classics. Much love and respect, Sir Bob Daisley!
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

Anyway....what month was Diary recorded in???
The last day of recording DOAM was the 23rd of March 1981, they left Ridge Farm on the 24th and Bob and Lee were fired 4 days later.
Funnily enough, they arrived at Ridge Farm to record BOO on the 22nd of March 1980, 34 years ago today.
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Sky wrote:
The last day of recording DOAM was the 23rd of March 1981, they left Ridge Farm on the 24th and Bob and Lee were fired 4 days later.
Funnily enough, they arrived at Ridge Farm to record BOO on the 22nd of March 1980, 34 years ago today.

wow..i never knew they were fired that close to after when they finished recording... They definitely had that planned then for weeks or months and just wanted to get another album out with the Blizzard band.
Nick Hughes
Cool Member

Post by Nick Hughes »

Shockwave wrote:
Sky wrote:

wow..i never knew they were fired that close to after when they finished recording... They definitely had that planned then for weeks or months and just wanted to get another album out with the Blizzard band.

Yaw it's Sad

I hope he and lee gets paid their royalties
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

YT link is down :lol:
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

Stiltzkin wrote:YT link is down :lol:

I saw that earlier the words of wisdom worked !
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

can someone e=mail me the audio of this??
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

Found it!!!!!! HOLY SHIT is This AMAZING!!!!! Its So much Better than I could have Imagined or Hoped,both in Quality & Content.....Imagine Bob has 7 HOURS of this!!!!!! Talk about SEVEN HOURS IN HEAVEN! Just MAGIC,I cant Say enough of these little clips .Its Sad to say (new live album aside....Any of theese half dozen or so clips,is more Fun,exciting & full of Energy that is Much better than ANY of the Bonus stuff we ended up w/fromthe Ozzy Camp(the Acoustic GOODBYE TO ROMANCE is Golden) But its still the same recording
ason Blizzard.On here Crazy TrainisSoooooo Heavy Thank You Bob!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEgu5I07pG8
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

"Ridge Farm-Jam" alone would have made the 30th anniversary box-set so much better, let alone that there would have been out-takes from the writing sessions. I wish that Bob can somehow release some of it, I´d rather have any of that stuff over Ozzy´s recent mucking... RokRok :lol:
Mikel
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

Yeah the Freestyle fromOzzy about Pinnocio is Awsome!!YLAMLAY is Great (must be from the 4 song Demo session) The Solo Randy wails during the one one jam is INSANE!!!! Years ahead of its time...Way Faster &More Shreading thananything else Ive heard himplay out of Every Boot & Solo,& Crazy Train is SO Heavy...for a 3piece band its So Heavy Randys guitar & the energy of Bob & Lee....I could go ON & On about this Nugget!! Mabey we'llget lucky &getanother sample...andit willcreate enoough Buzz for the Ozzycamp to makeaMove Way Better thanI imagined.....Ive been imagining theesetapes for 5 years since Ive heard about the tapes exsistence
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

Yeah the Freestyle fromOzzy about Pinnocio is Awsome!!YLAMLAY is Great (must be from the 4 song Demo session) The Solo Randy wails during the one one jam is INSANE!!!! Years ahead of its time...Way Faster &More Shreading thananything else Ive heard himplay out of Every Boot & Solo,& Crazy Train is SO Heavy...for a 3piece band its So Heavy Randys guitar & the energy of Bob & Lee....I could go ON & On about this Nugget!! Mabey we'llget lucky &getanother sample...andit willcreate enoough Buzz for the Ozzycamp to makeaMove Way Better thanI imagined.....Ive been imagining theesetapes for 5 years since Ive heard about the tapes exsistence