Nikki Sixx & Randy...

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Stiltzkin

Re: Nikki Sixx & Randy...

Post by Stiltzkin »

I kinds favor the early albums though :)
Mr. Wolfe
Cool Member

Post by Mr. Wolfe »

Stiltzkin wrote:I kinds favor the early albums though :)
I can't say I would even recognize anything after Dr. Feelgood, which is a very good record. I much prefer Too Fast for Love, Shout at the Devil and Girls, Girls, Girls to anything else they ever did.

I question whether Nikki is the songwriting mastermind or if it's really Mick? Speaking of which, I'd love to hear Mick's take on Randy and Quiet Riot, since he was doing gigs with various bands on the strip prior to joining up with the Crue.
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

I would wager that most of the music you hear is Mick. He really is a great guitarist. I really doubt Sixx wrote the actual riffs to most of the songs. I mean typically that is not what happens in a band. Iron Maiden is one exception were the bassist writes most of the music.
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Post by randy will never die »

[quote="dannyahansen"]I would wager that most of the music you hear is Mick. He really is a great guitarist. I really doubt Sixx wrote the actual riffs to most of the songs. I mean typically that is not what happens in a band. Iron Maiden is one exception were the bassist writes most of the music.[/quote]

Geezer wrote 95 % of sabbaths songs
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

randy will never die wrote:
Geezer wrote 95 % of sabbaths songs
no he didn't, he wrote 95% of the lyrics......tony iommi write all of the music :roll:
dannyahansen wrote:I would wager that most of the music you hear is Mick. He really is a great guitarist. I really doubt Sixx wrote the actual riffs to most of the songs. I mean typically that is not what happens in a band. Iron Maiden is one exception were the bassist writes most of the music.
agree...i'm picking nikki (and tommy) had the basic notes/chords for the song structure and then mick came in and did his thing and turned them into motley songs
Mr. Wolfe wrote: I can't say I would even recognize anything after Dr. Feelgood, which is a very good record. I much prefer Too Fast for Love, Shout at the Devil and Girls, Girls, Girls to anything else they ever did.
but ets face it there is a whole lot of filler songs (esp on GGG's)...for me the corabi album is the most complete in terms of very good songs throughout
Mr. Wolfe
Cool Member

Post by Mr. Wolfe »

sytharnia wrote:
Mr. Wolfe wrote: I can't say I would even recognize anything after Dr. Feelgood, which is a very good record. I much prefer Too Fast for Love, Shout at the Devil and Girls, Girls, Girls to anything else they ever did.
but ets face it there is a whole lot of filler songs
That's true of every band, though. Even as much as Randy's soloing is great, Little Dolls, Tonight, No Bone Movies & Steal Away are "filler" songs... not every song can be a hit (unless it's on the first Boston record or Queensryche's Empire :) )

I've never hear Motley with Corabi, so I can't comment there.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

Mr. Wolfe wrote:I've never hear Motley with Corabi, so I can't comment there.
I have and whie he's a good singer, within the context of Mötley Crüe, it just didn't work
out all that great :oops:
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

Stiltzkin wrote:
Mr. Wolfe wrote:I've never hear Motley with Corabi, so I can't comment there.
I have and whie he's a good singer, within the context of Mötley Crüe, it just didn't work
out all that great :oops:

The biggest problem was that people didn't want a non-Vince Neil fronted Motley Crüe. Corabi is a solid musician, in fact much more capable than Vince, but people wanted the original lineup. That's really the bottom line with Corabi's tenure in the band. I liked a few songs with him at the helm; they were more musically diverse and gave Motley a harder edge. Had they called the band something else, perhaps this would have worked.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:Had they called the band something else, perhaps this would have worked.
makes me think about another 80's rockband, guess who? ;)
BowTie29
Cool Member

Post by BowTie29 »

Stiltzkin wrote:
CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:Had they called the band something else, perhaps this would have worked.

Although it worked out not too bad, some fans sure didn't like Sammy in Van Halen...
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

BowTie29 wrote:
Stiltzkin wrote:

Although it worked out not too bad, some fans sure didn't like Sammy in Van Halen...
I sure didn't. Sammy is a better musician (and businessman) than Diamond Dave, but that original VH lineup was classic. Van Hagar was kinda like "meh" for me, but that's just personal opinion. Plus, millions of records sold during the Van Hagar era can't be wrong, regardless of what myself, or any other fans think. They must have been doing something right.
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Post by randy will never die »

Very off topic but it's been confirmed that the whole band of van halen are in the studio working on another cd

It's been estimated the new music to be done and released by 2015
Mr. Wolfe
Cool Member

Post by Mr. Wolfe »

randy will never die wrote:Very off topic but it's been confirmed that the whole band of van halen are in the studio working on another cd

The whole band except for Mike which would make it 3/4 of Van Halen... but who cares, there's plenty of real (meaning prior to 1985) Van Halen music out there. If there's never anything new from them I'd be okay with that.
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Mr. Wolfe wrote:
randy will never die wrote:Very off topic but it's been confirmed that the whole band of van halen are in the studio working on another cd

The whole band except for Mike which would make it 3/4 of Van Halen... but who cares, there's plenty of real (meaning prior to 1985) Van Halen music out there. If there's never anything new from them I'd be okay with that.
Yeah, Mike Anthony got a bad deal from the band. I can't feel too bad for the guy, though, as he and Hagar had some business deals together apparently, and he's landed on his feet financially, which is good to hear. Glad to hear he wasn't one of those guys that got turfed from the band then was broke. Good on him for moving past life with the band. Hopefully one day they'll realize their folly and have him come back and play on something and mend fences.
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

Mr. Wolfe wrote:
Stiltzkin wrote:I kinds favor the early albums though :)
I can't say I would even recognize anything after Dr. Feelgood, which is a very good record. I much prefer Too Fast for Love, Shout at the Devil and Girls, Girls, Girls to anything else they ever did.

I question whether Nikki is the songwriting mastermind or if it's really Mick? Speaking of which, I'd love to hear Mick's take on Randy and Quiet Riot, since he was doing gigs with various bands on the strip prior to joining up with the Crue.
have u seen mc on their recent shows?vince neel sounds like a gerbil with his nuts in a vice...physically,he is morphing into a blonde Ron Jeremy.
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120