'New' pictures

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

RRfan4eveRR

Re: 'New' pictures

Post by RRfan4eveRR »

Page 396/397 has the second shot and another from the seminar.
I don't have a short attention span I
Mr. Wolfe
Cool Member

Post by Mr. Wolfe »

RRfan4eveRR wrote:Page 396/397 has the second shot and another from the seminar.
Thanks
RRfan4eveRR

Post by RRfan4eveRR »

That 80's fashion sense is effin' TORRIBLE, man! I found myself cringing for poor Randy! It's not bad enough his legacy is tied up in the court system, but the book is evidence of some hideous fashion sense! I can almost deal with the Speedo- obviously CA is hot and he enjoyed the beach so it would make sense that he would stop just short of a thong with a little something more than just concealing his package. The damn shorts on 212 weren't bad enough, no Randy just had to throw something on, I assume so that he wasn't evicted from the grocery store for his nipples being all out n stuff.. I'm glad there was a cart in front of him so I didn't have to absorb that image all at once.

And I'm the furthest thing from vain, mind you- I just a severe disdain for just about everything popular in the 80's. And I can't decide if Randy was in the in crowd fashionably, or he just didn't give a shit anymore once he made it, when he wasn't onstage. Probably both but I'm down to only one complaint about the book and that is they could've edited some of the more trendy (at the time) dress Randy elected to wear.

Yes, after more thought- I stand on solid neutral ground when it comes to the book. I've let go of the negativity and I'm just another RR fan with a book that I like. I don't change my mind too often, but I did on the book's authors. They aren't the kitten murdering sociopaths I feared initially.
I don't have a short attention span I
Lespauly
Cool Member

Post by Lespauly »

Cool pics--Paul Gilbert said he went to one of these seminars--but I wonder who owns that Marshall that RR played through that day--Not sure if it was Randys but it probally was not as most music stores would have a decent amp to play through for a seminar..
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Lespauly wrote:Cool pics--Paul Gilbert said he went to one of these seminars--but I wonder who owns that Marshall that RR played through that day--Not sure if it was Randys but it probally was not as most music stores would have a decent amp to play through for a seminar..
This is rumoured to be Paul Gilbert in the top left corner of this pic.
Attachments
RR & Paul Gilbert Seminar.jpg
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

A few more from the seminar...
Attachments
RR seminar 4.jpg
RR seminar 3.jpg
RR seminar 2.jpg
RR seminar 1.jpg