Was Randy's Death A Prank Gone Wrong?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

mojopin70
Mass Poster

Re: Was Randy's Death A Prank Gone Wrong?

Post by mojopin70 »

Mr. Wolfe wrote:
whoopiecat wrote:In all honesty, Paul, I couldn't imagine Bob himself ever showing up here.
I agree... my point being that as a group it seems some folks are trusted and some are ridiculed all based on hearsay.
What do you mean Paul?
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
Mr. Wolfe
Cool Member

Post by Mr. Wolfe »

mojopin70 wrote:
Mr. Wolfe wrote:
whoopiecat wrote:In all honesty, Paul, I couldn't imagine Bob himself ever showing up here.
I agree... my point being that as a group it seems some folks are trusted and some are ridiculed all based on hearsay.
What do you mean Paul?

Well, we all trust Troy to speak on Bob's behalf, right? He tells us things and we accept what we are told even though Bob is not the one coming here to speak for himself. The Rhoads family says things in court documents, press releases and we accept what is said, even though they don't come here directly to speak to us. Andrew Klein says things in interviews and we don't accept what he says but we do accept the negatives said about him.

It's just an observation. I as guilty as anyone.
Mr. Wolfe
Cool Member

Post by Mr. Wolfe »

mojopin70 wrote: Because the last post on this thread seemed to have morphed into a discussion about the book i thought i was having a deja-vu moment .
I know, I was being facetious...
mojopin70 wrote: You know if Randy were still alive today klein would be obsessing about another musician. Even if Randy were still alive and Klein had written the book he would be the one probably initiating he legal process not his family on his behalf.....
Actually, I don't know that at all. Andrew Klein may be just as normal as you or I, the only way to know would be to talk to him. Were you part of RR.TK back in the day? There were a LOT of seriously obsessive fans there. A LOT of money was raised to help Kelly Garni when he was in financial crisis. Why? Because he was a friend of Randy Rhoads and we all idolized Randy Rhoads so we donated cash to a guy none of us knew beyond the stories we'd heard.

Were Randy still alive and anyone cared enough about him to write a book, I'd bet Randy would have cooperated with them just like his girlfriends and former bandmates from Quiet Riot did. Of course, that's just my opinion, which counts for just about nothing in the grand scheme.

As for whether or not Randy's family or Bob Daisley deserve any negative comments, I don't know any of them personally, so I can't say if they are good, decent people or worthless trolls.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Bob Daisley doesn't fit in this though, due to his fb page. 15,024 likes. Is he fooling all of those folks, myself included? Is it just because he doesn't come here specifically, Paul? I don't know Bob personally, either, but he's always came across as on-the-level guy, and his story remains unchanged since I can't remember when.
The only person he seems to have upset, as far as I know is $haron, and I'm pretty fucking cool with that!
Actually, the same would go for the Rhoads family as well...far to many folks have visited, called, or wrote them over the years, and so many of them have shared their experiences across all Rhoads related sites. You or I may not know them on a personal level, but I would say they seem to be decent people.
Mrs. Rhoads has her reasons for her actions, (or non-actions), regarding Randy related media being released.
I myself am not thrilled with her stance, but like yourself, my opinion means fuck-all in the big pic...it's not my call.
Don't know what to think about the story involving Dakota from 2007, forward.
Unfortunately, some who were part of Randy's life had personal problems with the folks at Dakota, and this very site had it's own negative experiences as well, so, I guess members here having bad things to say about Dakota is somewhat warranted.
I for one was against the trailer being posted here, was vocal about it and wound up leaving, but returned after Joe spoke to me on the sidelines.
Peter probably wasn't the best choice for coming here to speak to the fans, but, his history here is a good example of how the fans do slowly wind up turning on those who are of some importance to the Rhoads community.
Remember, at one point, everyone hailed Margolis as the hero who was making a documentary about Randy Rhoads. Kevin was the only one who had a problem, and fans turned on Kevin.
Like you pointed out, Paul, Garni was a V.I.P. back in the day. Folks revered him, it seemed. That has done a complete 180.
I seem to recall Sarzo popping in somewhere briefly, concerning 'Off The Rails', but he knew better than to stick around, too.
We've really never heard from Dakota or Dee directly, so it's really down to speculation and theories about what went down.
It's odd the piece concerning the suit appeared, then drifted away. Fans know little about Klein/Margolis/Dakota, and what is known is dominated by the negative, sadly.
~T.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
Mr. Wolfe
Cool Member

Post by Mr. Wolfe »

whoopiecat wrote:Bob Daisley doesn't fit in this though, due to his fb page. Is it just because he doesn't come here specifically, Paul?
Never checked Bob's Facebook page, so I can't comment on that. I have no issue with the guy at all, my point was the way the public opinion turns around here. I guess if many of you do frequent Bob's FB page you would have reason for your opinions, that never occurred to me. Thanks for pointing it out.

As for Dakota and the film, Peter Margolis came here and earned the wrath of the fans, whether he had the authority to speak for Dakota and/or if they backed him I don't know. I know very little about that company so I won't say more.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

I agree... my point being that as a group it seems some folks are trusted and some are ridiculed all based on hearsay.[/quot

What do you mean Paul?[/quote]

Well, we all trust Troy to speak on Bob's behalf, right? He tells us things and we accept what we are told even though Bob is not the one coming here to speak for himself. The Rhoads family says things in court documents, press releases and we accept what is said, even though they don't come here directly to speak to us. Andrew Klein says things in interviews and we don't accept what he says but we do accept the negatives said about him.

It's just an observation. I as guilty as anyone.

Do you think that Bob doesnt trust Troy to speak on his behalf ?

I think we are lucky that he still comes here to speak on Bob`s behalf lets put it like that!

To me its obvious why Bob doesnt come here to speak for himself but thats just me.I dont know about Andrew Klein but im not interested in anything he has to say anyway he didnt work with Randy Rhoads and didnt write and record with him and thats what im interested in.

I think the Rhoads family really has initiated legal proceedings . Thats what ive been told .
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

Mr. Wolfe wrote:
mojopin70 wrote: Because the last post on this thread seemed to have morphed into a discussion about the book i thought i was having a deja-vu moment .
I know, I was being facetious...
mojopin70 wrote: You know if Randy were still alive today klein would be obsessing about another musician. Even if Randy were still alive and Klein had written the book he would be the one probably initiating he legal process not his family on his behalf.....
Actually, I don't know that at all. Andrew Klein may be just as normal as you or I, the only way to know would be to talk to him. Were you part of RR.TK back in the day? There were a LOT of seriously obsessive fans there. A LOT of money was raised to help Kelly Garni when he was in financial crisis. Why? Because he was a friend of Randy Rhoads and we all idolized Randy Rhoads so we donated cash to a guy none of us knew beyond the stories we'd heard.

Were Randy still alive and anyone cared enough about him to write a book, I'd bet Randy would have cooperated with them just like his girlfriends and former bandmates from Quiet Riot did. Of course, that's just my opinion, which counts for just about nothing in the grand scheme.

As for whether or not Randy's family or Bob Daisley deserve any negative comments, I don't know any of them personally, so I can't say if they are good, decent people or worthless trolls.
Well yes but then thats what i said that Klein would probably be obsessing about another deceased musician. Randy Rhoads has become a legend since his death because of what he did in such a short life time, not only that it hurts people because he was such a gentle humble human being.

The fact is that since his death like many before him he is now bigger than he ever was when he was alive.

Tommy Aldridge said he wouldnt ever write a book because Randy`s name has already been exploited enough already......How very true.....

Mr. Wolfe
Cool Member

Post by Mr. Wolfe »

mojopin70 wrote:I think the Rhoads family really has initiated legal proceedings.
Never doubted that, especially since there was a press release stating that they had.

Mojo, here's the thing I suspect you're missing from my comments:

You keep saying Andrew Klein is obsessed with a dead musician and if it weren't Randy it'd be someone else. Aren't you a bit obsessed with a dead musician? You come here and passionately discuss everything Randy related (at least everything since he hooked up with Ozzy). So how are you different? Is it because you didn't have the gumption to put your interest into research and then produce a book that was begged for for years?

You call him a nut because he called Randy's mom and struck up a relationship with her over the phone. Do you know how old he was then? He was twelve! I have a twelve-year-old son and if his hero died and he had the opportunity to call his heroes mom and tell her how much her son meant to him he would do it. Passion at twelve is different than passion at 44. A relationship begun at age twelve could easily grow into a friendship which could also grow and change as the twelve-year-old becomes an adult and sees things from an adult perspective.

How many times have you read a post here where people bitched about Randy's mom presenting Randy as an angel who was always perfect? Yet heaven forbid anyone say she manipulates the truth or even lies to anyone regarding her son. Then this book comes out and presents Randy as humble, yet human. A normal kid with extraordinary musical talent who was kind and decent 95% of the time - and you get bent about it because you read somewhere that the author(s) were liars and cheats.

I am not surprised that none of the actual participants in Randy's life come here, Mojo. Between UR and TK they've all been unjustly slandered over the years by "fans" who don't know shit. Kevin DuBrow posted his opinion of Peter Margolis and was vilified because everyone desperately wanted to see the film. Kelly Garni was first praised as a hero and then crucified for being the person he always was. Frank Santa Cruz gave more insight into who Randy Rhoads was than anyone before Andrew Klein and he was attacked for standing up for his friends family.

If I were Bob Daisley I'd never take the time to come here either.

Now, before you go and attack me for defending Klein or Margolis or saying I'm blaspheming Delores Rhoads, I am simply trying to point out that the majority of members here believe whatever they read and don't delve into the facts to find the truth. As long as these people keep giving you more stuff related to the guitar player you are obsessed with all is well. I'm simply digging to find out - for myself - which of the stories I heard are the truth and which are not.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

In the end, how can anyone determine what really is the truth?

My opinion of the Rhoads family being decent, honest folk is based on what I have read time and again in magazine articles since Randy's passing, and from the personal accounts of other fans since I first discovered the community in '02 or '03.
The only negatives I've heard about them concerning what they have released in honor of Randy, as well as what they haven't.

My opinion of Bob Daisley being a decent, honest bloke is based on what I have read time and again in magazine articles since Randy's passing, and from the personal accounts of other fans, myself included.

I can't give an opinion of Margolis, Klein, or the entity known as Dakota Films/Pictures, as they had a limited amount of time publicly, and a lot of it wasn't good.

~T.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
Mr. Wolfe
Cool Member

Post by Mr. Wolfe »

whoopiecat wrote:In the end, how can anyone determine what really is the truth?

Seriously though, I'm glad you got the point of what I was trying to say.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

Mr. Wolfe wrote:
mojopin70 wrote:I think the Rhoads family really has initiated legal proceedings.
Never doubted that, especially since there was a press release stating that they had.

Mojo, here's the thing I suspect you're missing from my comments:

You keep saying Andrew Klein is obsessed with a dead musician and if it weren't Randy it'd be someone else. Aren't you a bit obsessed with a dead musician? You come here and passionately discuss everything Randy related (at least everything since he hooked up with Ozzy). So how are you different? Is it because you didn't have the gumption to put your interest into research and then produce a book that was begged for for years?

You call him a nut because he called Randy's mom and struck up a relationship with her over the phone. Do you know how old he was then? He was twelve! I have a twelve-year-old son and if his hero died and he had the opportunity to call his heroes mom and tell her how much her son meant to him he would do it. Passion at twelve is different than passion at 44. A relationship begun at age twelve could easily grow into a friendship which could also grow and change as the twelve-year-old becomes an adult and sees things from an adult perspective.

How many times have you read a post here where people bitched about Randy's mom presenting Randy as an angel who was always perfect? Yet heaven forbid anyone say she manipulates the truth or even lies to anyone regarding her son. Then this book comes out and presents Randy as humble, yet human. A normal kid with extraordinary musical talent who was kind and decent 95% of the time - and you get bent about it because you read somewhere that the author(s) were liars and cheats.

I am not surprised that none of the actual participants in Randy's life come here, Mojo. Between UR and TK they've all been unjustly slandered over the years by "fans" who don't know shit. Kevin DuBrow posted his opinion of Peter Margolis and was vilified because everyone desperately wanted to see the film. Kelly Garni was first praised as a hero and then crucified for being the person he always was. Frank Santa Cruz gave more insight into who Randy Rhoads was than anyone before Andrew Klein and he was attacked for standing up for his friends family.

If I were Bob Daisley I'd never take the time to come here either.

Now, before you go and attack me for defending Klein or Margolis or saying I'm blaspheming Delores Rhoads, I am simply trying to point out that the majority of members here believe whatever they read and don't delve into the facts to find the truth. As long as these people keep giving you more stuff related to the guitar player you are obsessed with all is well. I'm simply digging to find out - for myself - which of the stories I heard are the truth and which are not.

Trust me Bob is not the only one. Troy isnt visiting much either have you read the shit he has to deal with at times?? What a joke .He`s had to deal with people shit talking his friend in here for ages.He used to be quite happy to come here and speak on Bob`s behalf.
Why dont you ask Bob what he thinks of Margolis and Klein.He will answer you hes pretty open just log on to Facebook and ask away .There are many things you mentioned but im not sure if i can help . I am not speaking on Bob`s behalf these are my opinions and mine alone.

Which stories are you trying to confirm apart from the Klein law suit? and why would i "attack" you its your opinion even if it is a little bit self righteous.

Ill try and address some of them :

I dont understand what Kleins` age has to do with anything or why you would compare me to that weirdo so thank you for that. He was obsessed then and still obsessed now : The difference is he is an adult and unfortunately for himself has done some real damage now and couldnt tarnish his own name anymore than he already has. As Troy said its time he was brought to account and i think he will he is a classic example of how to fuck something up royally.

I dont think i would be able to show my face again if i went and pissed off my dead idol`s mother though...but some people feel no shame.

(Margolis , Klein and Sharon Osbourne are very good examples )

The facts : His obsession caused him to seek out Mrs Rhoads`s home phone number and frequently call her back in the early 80s.(weird)

: Over 30 years later Mrs Rhoads has initiated legal proceedings against him.( talk about shooting yourself in the foot)

: He found the original sheriff who attended the accident scene and managed to obtain photos of Randy`s body which he now has in his possession and serve no purpose at all ......( just think how many times he has gawked at those old police photo shots by himself )

: He threatened Bob Daisley in an email.

When i was 12 i was " obsessed " with Randy Rhoads. I listened to the records they are great. I was also obsessed with Jimmy Page .

They both had an influence on my playing. I never tried to locate them or contact them or their families. But i did come across them unexpectedly....

I hadnt listened to heavy rock or metal for over 20 years and had forgotten about the name Randy Rhoads until around 2010 thought i would dig out those old records and joined this site.

Shaun one day showed me a postcard written by Randy in Monmouth 1979 i live about 20 mins from Monmouth and 5 mins from Clearwell so i was asked if i could locate the place for the sole interest of Randy Rhoads fans on this site.So i did and i also discovered it belongs to an old school friend and posted the info on this site for people. I probably shouldnt have because Bob was still writing his book but i didnt know Troy that well then or how much was going to be in the book about the place, i became friends with Troy and helped Bob and Troy with some info about the house (well i tried) and a photo for his book.I was pleased to help someone who i consider to be a great musician and person who played on many of my favourite records.

Ive shown photos and videos of that house in monmouth where they wrote Boo and Doam to you because some people here really seem like passionate fans of Randy Rhoads same with Shaun and also Frank since he was the recipient of the postcard written by Randy. By the way Frank had never seen the house where Randy had written the postcard from and until i put some info together for him was probably just an image in his head for over 30 years.

I gain nothing from uploading stuff for people . I gained nothing for getting memorabilia signed to put up at the house in Monmouth .They didnt even know the band had even been there until i told them. And there was certainly nothing up on the walls either. There are other records and photos of bands .And i thought it was kind of sad and tragic that there was nothing there with Randy, Bob or Lee in it.

Sounds like you are giving me a challenge i dont have the money or time and i dont want law suits being filed against me or enemies.I think Tommy Aldridge already hit the nail on the head. And so did Bob when he said he still hoped one day someone would make a documentary about Randy because he deserves it -this was after all of the shit he went through with Klein and Margolis.

Im not doing anything for my own interests at all.I really like Bob and Troy and i cant believe how much shit ive read about them.

You are welcome for the video Paul :wink:

Mr. Wolfe
Cool Member

Post by Mr. Wolfe »

mojopin70 wrote: why would i "attack" you its your opinion even if it is a little bit self righteous.
That right there is an attack my friend.
mojopin70 wrote:I dont understand what Kleins` age has to do with anything or why you would compare me to that weirdo so thank you for that. He was obsessed then and still obsessed now : The difference is he is an adult and unfortunately for himself has done some real damage now
Exactly what damage did he do?

His age is very relevant because you attacked him for calling Randy's mom, which was done at a young age.

The comparison to you is that you call him obsessed yet you frequent a fan forum to discuss the very same 'dead guitar player'.

It's all pretty straightforward.
mojopin70 wrote:
The facts : His obsession caused him to seek out Mrs Rhoads`s home phone number and frequently call her back in the early 80s.(weird)

FACT: HUNDREDS OF FANS HAVE DONE EXACTLY THE SAME THING

: Over 30 years later Mrs Rhoads has initiated legal proceedings against him.( talk about shooting yourself in the foot)

FACT: UNLESS YOU ARE PRIVY TO INFORMATION NONE OF THE REST US HAVE YOU DON'T KNOW HER STATE OF MIND (WHY SHE FELT THE NEED TO FILE) NOR THE STATUS OF SAID LAWSUIT

: He found the original sheriff who attended the accident scene and managed to obtain photos of Randy`s body which he now has in his possession and serve no purpose at all ......( just think how many times he has gawked at those old police photo shots by himself )

FACT; YOU ARE MAKING UP FACTS AND ADDING OPINIONS TO MADE UP FACTS

FACT: YOU HAVE NO PROOF OF THAT ON HEARSAY

Sounds like you are giving me a challenge NOT AT ALL

You are welcome for the video Paul :wink: I THOUGHT I SAID THANK YOU AT THE TIME, IF I DIDN'T THEN I APOLOGIZE

Here's the thing I'm trying to get across to you and am apparently not communicating well enough: I, too, attacked Andrew Klein and Peter Margolis here many times. During the month and a half away from here I realized I had a basis for negative thoughts towards Margolis because of the attacks he made here back in the day. However I never had any reason to think negatively towards Andrew Klein because I'd never had any contact with him. All I ever had was the same second and third hand stories you have. I choose not to crucify anyone on hearsay.

Troy is a good guy and I appreciate what he brings to the conversation. I appreciate what you bring as well Mojo, I just don't see the reason to constantly attack someone you have never personally been in contact with. How would you like it if someone talked shit about you all the time based on something they heard from someone?

You want to bash Margolis and Klein? Go ahead. Just remember, every time I'll call you out and ask if you've talked to them to hear their side of the story. :wink:

And, for the record, there is nothing self-righteous about trying to bring peace to a fan forum.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

Mr. Wolfe wrote:
mojopin70 wrote: why would i "attack" you its your opinion even if it is a little bit self righteous.
That right there is an attack my friend.
mojopin70 wrote:I dont understand what Kleins` age has to do with anything or why you would compare me to that weirdo so thank you for that. He was obsessed then and still obsessed now : The difference is he is an adult and unfortunately for himself has done some real damage now
Exactly what damage did he do?

His age is very relevant because you attacked him for calling Randy's mom, which was done at a young age.

The comparison to you is that you call him obsessed yet you frequent a fan forum to discuss the very same 'dead guitar player'.

It's all pretty straightforward.
mojopin70 wrote:

FACT: HUNDREDS OF FANS HAVE DONE EXACTLY THE SAME THING

FACT: UNLESS YOU ARE PRIVY TO INFORMATION NONE OF THE REST US HAVE YOU DON'T KNOW HER STATE OF MIND (WHY SHE FELT THE NEED TO FILE) NOR THE STATUS OF SAID LAWSUIT

FACT; YOU ARE MAKING UP FACTS AND ADDING OPINIONS TO MADE UP FACTS

FACT: YOU HAVE NO PROOF OF THAT ON HEARSAY

Sounds like you are giving me a challenge NOT AT ALL

You are welcome for the video Paul :wink: I THOUGHT I SAID THANK YOU AT THE TIME, IF I DIDN'T THEN I APOLOGIZE

Here's the thing I'm trying to get across to you and am apparently not communicating well enough: I, too, attacked Andrew Klein and Peter Margolis here many times. During the month and a half away from here I realized I had a basis for negative thoughts towards Margolis because of the attacks he made here back in the day. However I never had any reason to think negatively towards Andrew Klein because I'd never had any contact with him. All I ever had was the same second and third hand stories you have. I choose not to crucify anyone on hearsay.

Troy is a good guy and I appreciate what he brings to the conversation. I appreciate what you bring as well Mojo, I just don't see the reason to constantly attack someone you have never personally been in contact with. How would you like it if someone talked shit about you all the time based on something they heard from someone?

You want to bash Margolis and Klein? Go ahead. Just remember, every time I'll call you out and ask if you've talked to them to hear their side of the story. :wink:

And, for the record, there is nothing self-righteous about trying to bring peace to a fan forum.
Paul

You compared me with Andrew Klein said i lacked " gumption" to have done what he did and called me "obsessive" im fine with that as i said i dont have enemies or law suits against my name :lol: . To me you too dont seem to have the ( excuse the usage of your expression) gumption to look up the facts i posted here. Ive even told you where to go to find out so you can " verify" them for yourself..

Why dont you just call me liar? and get to the point. That would make Bob a liar for posting the information publicly on his site and speaking about it and why would he do that? He has proven over the years to be a very credible person. Unlike Sharon Osbourne Klein and Margolis.

FACT: KLEIN and MARGOLIS located sheriff smalt and have the original photos of the accident from march 19th 1982 which as you can imagine are graphic and that show Randy and serve no purpose at all the general public have not seen them .

FACT: I know whats in the photos and ive read the part of Kleins book which describes the accident and there was absolutely no reason to track down sheriff mike smalt and request copies of the original police photographs of the accident scene and bring up the trauma of that day once more for Mike Smalt who is still haunted by it.It was completely unnecessary and disrespectful to Randy`s mother and family and once Klein had the said photographs in his possession did not change the details or story of march 19th 1982 one iota or was it a " new" version written in his book.)

Fucking disgusting ......

FACT: The threats made by Klein and Margolis are written in black and white part of an email that were sent to Bob during their failed attempt to create a documentary and are on Bob`s facebook page along with the history and timeline of EVENTS waiting for you to read.

I understand what you are saying but you have to do is ask Paul. You could ask Sky .And you could ask Bob he replies to everyone.So why dont you just do that if you cant bring yourself to believe what i`m saying ?

Mr. Wolfe
Cool Member

Post by Mr. Wolfe »

mojopin70 wrote: To me you too dont seem to have the ( excuse the usage of your expression) gumption to look up the facts i posted here. Ive even told you where to go to find out so you can " verify" them for yourself...

I have verified both sides of the story. All I have asked here is that the members of Ultimate Rhoads stop being so mother-fucking negative all the time.

I'm content to agree to disagree on this issue.
RRfan4eveRR

Post by RRfan4eveRR »

Kevin and Bob weren't the only ones that had negative experiences with Klein & Margolis, RhoadsRockPhotographer was kind enough to not only share his experiences with the doc & bio, he also posted a copy of what they had expected him to sign in return for their use of his material. I'll grab the link in a moment, needless to say that the document was pretty shady and allowed for their use of his material beyond the documentary (I.e. the bio) without compensation, in any universe beyond perpetuity, or something equally as ridiculous.

Paul, please don't make the assumption that everyone on this board runs off at the mouth without verifying their sources and logic. Myself, I'm a bit obsessed with a dead rock star as anyone else on this board, however my intent has always been to further Randy's legacy, not in any way profit from it- not that makes people wrong for it, it just changes the context of one's interest. Guess what I am saying is that I have absolutey nothing to gain from my opinions or interaction on UR.

IMHO Klein & Margolis are indeed missing quite a few important characters in their book to fill in a lot of gaps in Randy's career- Ozzy for instance. A lot of people dislike Sharon, but she was vital to Randy's career. Tommy Altridge, and I'm sure I could think of a few more other than just Bob and Kevin. I didn't mention Kelly Garni because he was in board originally.

As far as my basis for supporting the Rhoads family, namely Delores, in their lawsuit was Klein's own admission that the book came about while he and Margolis were collaborating on another project. I feel that was why the doc wasn't released, because they held back on the good shit for the book, and that's probably why the contracts written, were so broad in their rights to use that it was infinite.

My boyfriend bought the bio for a Christmas present me so I can speak about my opinion of the book itself as well as the authors. They made a quality product but their story is not as definitive as they present it to be. QR for example, became it's own book & dvd, and the majority of the actual writing & recording process of BOO & DOAM are largely missing from the bio- it focuses instead on letters home and otherwise camp stories that can neither be proven nor disproven.

I tend to believe the authors knew they would see legal repercussions and they were prepared for that. I also tend to believe that there were certain implications about Randy's character that were left in place to spite the family. I don't believe Randy to be an angel, not do I believe the authors of this book and failed documentary to be, either.
I don't have a short attention span I