Was Randy's Death A Prank Gone Wrong?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

kamalayka
Cool Member

Was Randy's Death A Prank Gone Wrong?

Post by kamalayka »

There was somebody on Youtube claiming that, the night before the accident, Andrew Aycock met up with an old friend who was testing out some airplane equipment. Andrew said that he'd be stopping by a friend's house the next morning and that he would fly around to help with whatever it was the guy was doing.

Apparently, Randy couldn't sleep because he had his tooth pulled. (I don't remember what he said about Randy's involvement other than him ordering a cup of noodles ahead of time.) By the following morning, though, Randy had concocted the idea to buzz the plane in an attempt to scare everyone awake.

The plane dove a few times, lingered, and tried one more time before crashing.

I don't know if this guy is telling the truth or not, but it seems possible. Wasn't Randy a notorious prankster? And who else would think to do something like that?
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Re: Was Randy's Death A Prank Gone Wrong?

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

Link?

Sounds like bullshit to me, though.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

To scare 'everyone awake' as far as i'm aware half the bus was already awake. Rudy had been woken up by Randy to ask him to go up with him in the plane. Ozzy & $haron still on the bus sleeping. Jake Duncan & Don Airey had previously been up for a spin in the plane before Randy and Racheal. I'm not sure if Tommy Aldridge was up and about or in his bunk. As far as any conspiracy or rumours go why would Randy want to piss off both Ozzy, $haron and Rudy. I get what your saying, but i just don't look at this bus buzzing as being an idea that Randy would of came up with. Regardless if it was his idea we will never know it doesn't change anything. Plus i'm sure the plane had already buzzed the bus on its previous flight with don and Jake.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

As it's already been established that Randy's a woman beater and a guy with issues, I suppose coercing a pilot to pull a dangerous prank with a fifty-eight year old woman in attendance would fit his m.o. as well.

~T.

P.S. Shaun, I recall from print in GW somewhere, that Tommy claimed he was up and about in the lounge of the bus, getting some tea together.
Plus, his brief comment in the trailer about seeing the plane was going to hit the bus.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

I highly doubt it because Aycock did the same passes with Jake Duncan and Don Airey moments before not only that :Randy only agreed to go in the plane because he knew Rachael Youngblood was going and had a heart condition so the pilot would " take it easy" he also asked Don Airey to take photos for him on the flight.The guy hated flying to the point of wanting to travel by bus. Its been established that Youngblood suffered cardiac arrest and that Randy was in the back . The cause of the accident was Youngblood`s cardiac arrest. As ive said before Aycock did the same passes with Don Airey and Jake Duncan moments before and landed safely.And they were both watching Randy`s flight.

Its fair to say the little man was absolutely terrified in his final moments and suffered a violent horrific death.
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:To scare 'everyone awake' as far as i'm aware half the bus was already awake. Rudy had been woken up by Randy to ask him to go up with him in the plane. Ozzy & $haron still on the bus sleeping. Jake Duncan & Don Airey had previously been up for a spin in the plane before Randy and Racheal. I'm not sure if Tommy Aldridge was up and about or in his bunk. As far as any conspiracy or rumours go why would Randy want to piss off both Ozzy, $haron and Rudy. I get what your saying, but i just don't look at this bus buzzing as being an idea that Randy would of came up with. Regardless if it was his idea we will never know it doesn't change anything. Plus i'm sure the plane had already buzzed the bus on its previous flight with don and Jake.
I get what your saying, but i just don't look at this bus buzzing as being an idea that Randy would of came up with.

Shaun are you getting a kid to write your messages for you?! :lol:
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

mojopin70 wrote:
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:To scare 'everyone awake' as far as i'm aware half the bus was already awake. Rudy had been woken up by Randy to ask him to go up with him in the plane. Ozzy & $haron still on the bus sleeping. Jake Duncan & Don Airey had previously been up for a spin in the plane before Randy and Racheal. I'm not sure if Tommy Aldridge was up and about or in his bunk. As far as any conspiracy or rumours go why would Randy want to piss off both Ozzy, $haron and Rudy. I get what your saying, but i just don't look at this bus buzzing as being an idea that Randy would of came up with. Regardless if it was his idea we will never know it doesn't change anything. Plus i'm sure the plane had already buzzed the bus on its previous flight with don and Jake.
I get what your saying, but i just don't look at this bus buzzing as being an idea that Randy would of came up with.

Shaun are you getting a kid to write your messages for you?! :lol:
No!! but i've got someone echoing my messages.. why do you have to reword what i have just said...i'm sure the people who come here know the story by now.
What makes you think i'm all for the bus buzzing being Randy's idea ? If you read me post i'm putting the idea to bed with the simple facts of the 'youtube' guy being full of mad dog diarrhoea.
Last edited by GUITARIDOL5682 on Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Post by LongRhoadsAhead »

whoopiecat wrote:As it's already been established that Randy's a woman beater and a guy with issues, I suppose coercing a pilot to pull a dangerous prank with a fifty-eight year old woman in attendance would fit his m.o. as well.

~T.

P.S. Shaun, I recall from print in GW somewhere, that Tommy claimed he was up and about in the lounge of the bus, getting some tea together.
Plus, his brief comment in the trailer about seeing the plane was going to hit the bus.
Randy a woman beater? Are you joking?
I went ahead and rode the white horse
kamalayka
Cool Member

Post by kamalayka »

whoopiecat wrote:As it's already been established that Randy's a woman beater and a guy with issues, I suppose coercing a pilot to pull a dangerous prank with a fifty-eight year old woman in attendance would fit his m.o. as well.

~T.

Isn't that what was said in the new book that's out? That he used to slap his girlfriend and call her fat?

Yeah, he was a virtuoso and a saint and blah, blah, blah... but he doesn't seem like the sort of guy I'd ever wanna hang out with. (Unless you don't mind having someone piss in your drink when you step out for a minute.)
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

kamalayka wrote:

~T.

Isn't that what was said in the new book that's out? That he used to slap his girlfriend and call her fat?

Yeah, he was a virtuoso and a saint and blah, blah, blah... but he doesn't seem like the sort of guy I'd ever wanna hang out with. (Unless you don't mind having someone piss in your drink when you step out for a minute.)
kamalayka wrote:So Randy was a woman beater and he got his rocks off by making waitresses drink his piss?

Yeah, the man had issues.
Those are your words, yes? As much as I like the book, I'll take a grain of salt along with the words I read. If you wish to take it as whole truth, that's your call.
Your entitled to your opinion, as everyone else is, I just thought it odd you would choose to fault Randy for the accident...at least, that's the vibe I got, especially when coupled with the other comments in the Rosen/ Klein book thread.

~Tom
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Jesus, can someone link to this YouTube deal? Or is this simply someone with a theory talking, and there's no video?

kamalayka, I'm getting the distinct impression you're trying to stir the pot here....what's the deal? Clearly Randy wasn't a saint at all times, no one is, but you've gone out of your way to make the guy sound more sinister and hurtful to others than we have proof of him being. What's the point here, man?

I don't buy that Randy was perfect all the time, but I also don't buy the idea that he was this mean-spirited person to people all the time either. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

whoopiecat wrote:
kamalayka wrote:

~T.

kamalayka wrote:So Randy was a woman beater and he got his rocks off by making waitresses drink his piss?

Yeah, the man had issues.
Those are your words, yes? As much as I like the book, I'll take a grain of salt along with the words I read. If you wish to take it as whole truth, that's your call.
Your entitled to your opinion, as everyone else is, I just thought it odd you would choose to fault Randy for the accident...at least, that's the vibe I got, especially when coupled with the other comments in the Rosen/ Klein book thread.

~Tom
+1
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

kamalayka wrote:By the following morning, though, Randy had concocted the idea to buzz the plane in an attempt to scare everyone awake.
Who knows... But still most were already awake before they went up with the plane. Tommy & Rudy were already woken by Randy himself asking to join. So it doesn't make much sense. Though it's possible they (Andrew/Randy?) were maybe inspired a bit by the movie 'Midway' they watched the night before. Hence there are lots of Japanese kamikaze flights in that movie. Still speculating of course.
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
kamalayka
Cool Member

Post by kamalayka »

I didn't mean to start anything. I was just remembering a comment somene made on Youtube.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

kamalayka wrote:I didn't mean to start anything. I was just remembering a comment somene made on Youtube.
so...where's the link? so we can check it out for ourselves? :)