Was Randy's Death A Prank Gone Wrong?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

RRfan4eveRR

Re: Was Randy's Death A Prank Gone Wrong?

Post by RRfan4eveRR »

The contact should still be somewhere within this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8073&hilit=rhoadsro ... &start=105

Yes, I searched for RRP because I couldn't remember offhand what thread it came up in. I'm not "that" obssessed ;-)
I don't have a short attention span I
Mr. Wolfe
Cool Member

Post by Mr. Wolfe »

RRfan4eveRR wrote:Paul, please don't make the assumption that everyone on this board runs off at the mouth without verifying their sources and logic.
I've been here since the forum began, I know some folks do have information to back up what they say, just as I know some do not.

You say quite a few characters were missing from the book. Research showed me that this was due to the fact that some people chose not to be involved because they chose not to be involved. A person can only legally use what they have been authorized to use.

If anyone can prove in a court of law that the guy lied and cheated them, so be it. If it's just a claim posted on the Internet, then, well, it's just a claim posted on the Internet.
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

Mr. Wolfe wrote:
RRfan4eveRR wrote:Paul, please don't make the assumption that everyone on this board runs off at the mouth without verifying their sources and logic.
I've been here since the forum began, I know some folks do have information to back up what they say, just as I know some do not.

You say quite a few characters were missing from the book. Research showed me that this was due to the fact that some people chose not to be involved because they chose not to be involved. A person can only legally use what they have been authorized to use.

If anyone can prove in a court of law that the guy lied and cheated them, so be it. If it's just a claim posted on the Internet, then, well, it's just a claim posted on the Internet.
Any idea what it costs to go to court in the US and what you might gain in doing so? If, for instance, an unscrupulous person knowingly used unauthorised material in his book what could the wronged party do? Pay a lawyer a small fortune and maybe win a percentage of the profits of a book that hasn't sold very well. Hmm...
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
RRfan4eveRR

Post by RRfan4eveRR »

It costs a great deal to hire a lawyer and pay the fees to initiate the process, and then the wheels of justice grind rather slowly, in some cases thoroughly. It can take years.

My boyfriend's family business regularly gets screwed by unscrupulous vendors and contractors because they know it doesn't always pay to initiate court proceedings, when it would cost just as much to sue. And the outcome isn't guaranteed.
I don't have a short attention span I