Question about NO BONE MOVIES

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

randy will never die
Mass Poster

Question about NO BONE MOVIES

Post by randy will never die »

I have listened to the solo a few times In NO BONE MOVIES and did randy use a slide guitar or a glass slide ?
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Re: Question about NO BONE MOVIES

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

Not sure, but 'guessing' it was a glass slide over his Gibson guitar. Great question....
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

what is this contraption you calleth slide?
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

randy will never die wrote:I have listened to the solo a few times In NO BONE MOVIES and did randy use a slide guitar or a glass slide ?
He used a glass bottle-neck.
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

Stiltzkin wrote:what is this contraption you calleth slide?
its that thing old guys use when their fingers don't work proper

:P :mrgreen:
distortionplus
Cool Member

Post by distortionplus »

This is an interesting topic, and one I have not seen brought up. "No Bone Movies" has never been my favorite song, but it's a good one. There is not a song Randy plays on with Ozzy I don't like. That being said I have never even thought about why Randy dropped the slide solo in concert. I don't think I ever saw a picture with a slide. I don't have all the boots. Does he play slide on any live version of this song?
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Post by randy will never die »

Just listened to a few live boots and early boots
And I have come go a conclusion that Randy was experimenting with a slide during that part of recording

Because the way he plays the solo on the cd and the way he plays it live is almost completely different

Makes you wonder what type of things randy was using around this time that we DONT know about
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

Nope randy played slide in qr.never live with ozzy.i like his solo on tribute better without the slide
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

Yes Tito i agree. He used a glass slide with Qr well it sounds like it when i watched a video once....He carried many ideas over from Qr to his time in Ozzy. Sky just confirmed it ....
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
SanDimasCharvel
Cool Member

Post by SanDimasCharvel »

On the demo I could swear I hear more notes come out. Most notably 2 grace notes that kick into the start of the last 4 measures of the solo. I like how Ozzy's voice sounds on the demo. T'was never a fave of mine but I really dig the outro on the live version, especially the D/A A A A D/A A chord part (I think I did that right) at 2:50 and 2:54 on the original Tribute CD, which he later used in a similar way in '82 as a fill in COTG.
estang74

Post by estang74 »

Here is a theory for you guys...

Maybe the reason Randy didn't play slide live on No Bone Movies is because maybe the slide guitar solo is in open tuning. Would make no sense to bring one guitar tuned to open tuning for one song for that set.
www.reverbnation.com/estang74
Nick Hughes
Cool Member

Post by Nick Hughes »

estang74 wrote:Here is a theory for you guys...

Maybe the reason Randy didn't play slide live on No Bone Movies is because maybe the slide guitar solo is in open tuning. Would make no sense to bring one guitar tuned to open tuning for one song for that set.
Intersting theory
Some one get this man a oscar