UCR presents their top 10 RR solos

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

RRfan4eveRR

UCR presents their top 10 RR solos

Post by RRfan4eveRR »

Just happened to stumble upon this link & thought to share :-)

Happy reading !

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/randy-rh ... tar-solos/
I don't have a short attention span I
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Re: UCR presents their top 10 RR solos

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

RRfan4eveRR wrote:Just happened to stumble upon this link & thought to share :-)

Happy reading !

Thanks! Great, short read! It's hard to disagree with that list, actually. The only other addition I would make is SATO, which is always grossly underrated (or not mentioned) in these lists. Past that, I truly believe "Crazy Train" is an excellent choice for #1. Instantly recognizable song, and it has a great solo that draws people in.

It was this fantastic guitar work that is Randy's calling card, and a testament to his musical talent that all these years later, we're still talking about songs like "Crazy Train" (which has just gotten more popular over the years...EVERYONE, including casual fans, know it), "Mr. Crowley" , and others. At the end of the day, what musician can ask for more than that? It's sad that Randy has been gone these many years, but wonderful that we have the excellent music he left behind (albeit there's precious little of it).

It's doubtful we'll see such an influential "once in a generation" talent like Randy again for a very long time, IMO.
dasboot

Post by dasboot »

I think Crowley should be #1 and Tonight should have been on the list.
"He could interpret blazing renditions of his compositions as easily as taking a breath"-Rudy Sarzo
RRfan4eveRR

Post by RRfan4eveRR »

CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:
RRfan4eveRR wrote:Just happened to stumble upon this link & thought to share :-)

Happy reading !

Thanks! Great, short read! It's hard to disagree with that list, actually. The only other addition I would make is SATO, which is always grossly underrated (or not mentioned) in these lists. Past that, I truly believe "Crazy Train" is an excellent choice for #1. Instantly recognizable song, and it has a great solo that draws people in.

It was this fantastic guitar work that is Randy's calling card, and a testament to his musical talent that all these years later, we're still talking about songs like "Crazy Train" (which has just gotten more popular over the years...EVERYONE, including casual fans, know it), "Mr. Crowley" , and others. At the end of the day, what musician can ask for more than that? It's sad that Randy has been gone these many years, but wonderful that we have the excellent music he left behind (albeit there's precious little of it).

It's doubtful we'll see such an influential "once in a generation" talent like Randy again for a very long time, IMO.
As usual, you hit the nail right on its head canuck!

I love SATO and I always felt that song has been overlooked, even though to me it stands out amongst his other work. Otherwise I also pretty much agree with this list and your response- especially that it will be a very long time before we see another musician come along like Randy Rhoads :(
RRfan4eveRR

Post by RRfan4eveRR »

dasboot wrote:I think Crowley should be #1 and Tonight should have been on the list.

Egads! You're right, where the heck was Tonight on that list- or my response to Canuck? Everything about Randy's work in that song screams emotion from his guitar right into the ears of the listener- even some 30 of years after it was written! Now I'm gonna go and listen to Tonight and appreciate each and every note of it!

I got Pink Floyd's Discovery box set for Christmas so a little Blizzard on the side will definitely be an appreciated break (:
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

RRfan4eveRR wrote:
CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:

Happy reading !

As usual, you hit the nail right on its head canuck!

I love SATO and I always felt that song has been overlooked, even though to me it stands out amongst his other work. Otherwise I also pretty much agree with this list and your response- especially that it will be a very long time before we see another musician come along like Randy Rhoads :(
Thanks! :)
Vtrockgod

Post by Vtrockgod »

Count me as another who thinks "Tonight" and "SATO" should have been on that list. But a very good list overall.