Rhoads name History.

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

mojopin70
Mass Poster

Rhoads name History.

Post by mojopin70 »

I wondered whether the name was German,anyway it turns out it came to England after the Norman conquest of 1066 during migration . The Normans were Danish settlers in the northern part of France who spoke a strange type of French.

It means " rod" in old English.

The Rhoads family lived in Lincolnshire at Rhodes from whence ,their name is derived.

http://www.houseofnames.com/rhoads-family-crest

More info.

Rhodes is a locational surname, with other spellings Rhoades, Rhoads, Roads, Roades, and Rodes, all[verification needed] deriving from the Old English "rod", meaning "a clearing in the woods", or from one of a number of locations from this word. Topographical features provided obvious and convenient means of identification in the small communities of the Middle Ages, giving rise to various surnames. Locational surnames arose when former inhabitants of a place moved to another town or area and were identified by the name of their birthplace.[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhodes_%28surname%29
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
Stiltzkin

Re: Rhoads name History.

Post by Stiltzkin »

that was actually interesting :) thanks :)
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

I knew someone would find it interesting :) I like that kind of stuff .
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
Kixy

Post by Kixy »

Thankyou i love stuff like this :)