If Randy Rhoads Had A Crystal Ball That Showed The Future...

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

mojopin70
Mass Poster

Re: If Randy Rhoads Had A Crystal Ball That Showed The Futur

Post by mojopin70 »

Paul Wolfe wrote:This is what I call 'obsessive':
Yeah that's when you KNOW that person has issues.
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

kamalayka wrote:Which is creepier -- the fact that people here have actually read his autopsy documents, or the fact that nobody seems to think it's creepy?

Learning the details of his autopsy is definitely in the realm of obsessive. That's so beyond what any decent or respectful (or sane) person would need to know.

Mr Sigmund Freud

To diminish in such a cynical way someone's loss and pain is not normal and definitely a weird and creepy thing to say.

It seems you are insinuating that those people who knew Randy or were involved with the band somehow are in the "realm of obsessive" and beyond decent or respectful/creepy as individuals for being shown and witnessing such photos that have not been released publicly? or reports that have been made public?

And just to make it clear some of those people have seen them.

I bet you hadn't thought of that one.Duh.

And let me tell you the original photos of the accident not seen by the public are much more shocking and disturbing than any report online.

To me Randy Rhoads was just a brilliant guitarist and human being that's the most important thing to me.

No wonder Bob never comes here.

Yours sincerely

mojo
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
kamalayka
Cool Member

Post by kamalayka »

mojopin70 wrote:
kamalayka wrote:Which is creepier -- the fact that people here have actually read his autopsy documents, or the fact that nobody seems to think it's creepy?

Learning the details of his autopsy is definitely in the realm of obsessive. That's so beyond what any decent or respectful (or sane) person would need to know.

Mr Sigmund Freud

To diminish in such a cynical way someone's loss and pain is not normal and definitely a weird and creepy thing to say.

It seems you are insinuating that those people who knew Randy or were involved with the band somehow are in the "realm of obsessive" and beyond decent or respectful/creepy as individuals for being shown and witnessing such photos that have not been released publicly? or reports that have been made public?

And just to make it clear some of those people have seen them.

I bet you hadn't thought of that one.Duh.

And let me tell you the original photos of the accident not seen by the public are much more shocking and disturbing than any report online.

To me Randy Rhoads was just a brilliant guitarist and human being that's the most important thing to me.

No wonder Bob never comes here.

Yours sincerely

mojo
What I'm saying is thag it's creepy when somebody who has no business knowing about such private matters decides to go snooping around.

To be honest, I'm surprised this is even an issue.

And who's Bob?
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

kamalayka wrote:What I'm saying is thag it's creepy when somebody who has no business knowing about such private matters decides to go snooping around.

To be honest, I'm surprised this is even an issue.

And who's Bob?
it wasn't an issue until you brought it up :!:
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Curiosity is part of human nature, chief. If it wasn't, there would be no tabloids, no paparazzi, no reality-type television.
I read the alleged autopsy that's been circulating on the net for years. Do I wish I could un-read it? Sure. But I can't, so fuck it. These are the consequences of the human curiosity.
Remember, when one person believes what a group of people are doing/viewing/reading is wrong and that same group of folks see nothing wrong, the complaints of the one person come off as not only insignificant, but weird.
Did someone appoint you the morality and content police?
No?
Who are you to judge?
Whether you set up shop here, or never visit this site again, the members will continue to post, debate and ponder the events of 3/19/82 whether you like it or not...and most likely ignore your complaints.
I am not knocking TK, but that may be the site for you, if you are a Rhoads fan, but do not care for topics that you consider wrong/taboo/inappropriate.
This site was created for folks who do want to discuss these things.
Thanks for stopping by, though! :lol:

~Tom

P.S. "Bob" is none other than Bob Daisley...the original bassist for the Blizzard of Oz Band...he's more or less achieved one-name status after all this time.
What's next? Who's Lee? :lol:
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
RRfan4eveRR

Post by RRfan4eveRR »

It's just a fucking message board, tho we do tend to take our Randy Rhoads seriously around here, I seriously doubt that any psychiatrist or psychologist would find the contents on this board "unhealthy" as you insist. As far as the autopsy, ever hear of "morbid curiosity" or is it that you somehow feel that we are inferior to you? This whole thread reeks of condescension, but it's hard to take seriously enough to be offended by it when you don't even know who the hell Bob is!
I don't have a short attention span I
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

whoopiecat wrote:I am not knocking TK, but that may be the site for you, if you are a Rhoads fan, but do not care for topics that you consider wrong/taboo/inappropriate.
actually, that might be good for TK since that site has been dead for years :lol:
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Post by randy will never die »

Stiltzkin wrote:
whoopiecat wrote:I am not knocking TK, but that may be the site for you, if you are a Rhoads fan, but do not care for topics that you consider wrong/taboo/inappropriate.
actually, that might be good for TK since that site has been dead for years :lol:

Why don't we merge the two sites ?
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

randy will never die wrote:
Stiltzkin wrote:

Nice idea, but this site was (apparently) made because .tk was not the place for everyone. Lots of folks here didn't/don't like the way that place is run, and came here to discuss topics more freely. Speaking as a member over there as well, it came off as a bit "cliquish" also. I've all but stopped posting there, much like everyone else, it seems.

A quick look over there will show the place seems like an archive - not much new posting seems to get done there. At least this place has people posting stuff and discussion is taking place. Online forums seem to be like that; they go through ebbs and flows of activity. Places can be busy, then....nothing. It's just the nature of forums, really.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

randy will never die wrote:Why don't we merge the two sites ?
Been asked many times, but that's not gonna happen since the philosophy of both sites differs too much from each other.
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

randy will never die wrote:
Stiltzkin wrote:

what good would that do? 8)
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Post by randy will never die »

actually, that might be good for TK since that site has been dead for years :lol:[/quote]

Why don't we merge the two sites ?[/quote]

what good would that do? 8)[/quote]

We could pull a few topics from the site
You don't want to merge it that's fine but we should see what we can salvage from it
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

randy will never die wrote:We could pull a few topics from the site
You don't want to merge it that's fine but we should see what we can salvage from it
What possible topics could we take from there that has not been discussed here over the years?
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

Stiltzkin wrote:
What possible topics could we take from there that has not been discussed here over the years?
Answer = NONE!
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:
Stiltzkin wrote:
Answer = NONE!
You sir are correct :lol: