If Randy Rhoads Had A Crystal Ball That Showed The Future...

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

kamalayka
Cool Member

If Randy Rhoads Had A Crystal Ball That Showed The Future...

Post by kamalayka »

Do you think he might be freaked out about how obsessive so many of his fans are?

It's okay to know what sorts of guitars he played and stuff like that, but it's not okay when you sleep at his grave and know his favorite brand of cigarettes and can recite off the top of your head how many times he sneezed in a month or how times he changed his guitar strings or whatever. (It's really, really not okay.)

Do any of you obsessive types have a history of mental illness, by any chance? Have you ever been committed to a loony bin?

Is there an inverse correlation between the level of fanaticism and the level of sanity on this website?

Am I putting my life in danger by criticizing the crazies around here? Is my mailbox going to blow up? Will I wake up to a horse head beside my pillow?

Oh, dear God, what have I done? WHAT HAVE I DONE?!

As our 16th president is alleged to have said, "You cannot believe everything you read online." (He was going to include this in the Gettysburg Address, but took it out at the last minute when he realized that he had no idea what line he was referring to and that telegraphs are better because Al Gore invented the internet and screw him because he's a Democrat and Lincoln would rather be caught in an Asian ladyboy brothel with his pants at his ankles than give the impression that he likes one of those things enough to be seen agreeing with one.)
RRfan4eveRR

Re: If Randy Rhoads Had A Crystal Ball That Showed The Futur

Post by RRfan4eveRR »

Oh my, I must meet your criteria for obsessive- given that I probably know more useless information (non-menthol, with a strong preference for Winston) than I know how to play my favorite song by him (either Ozzy album, and no I can't).

Given that you seem to "know" so much about what is healthy or "right", could you please tell me/us what you really think of your fellow UR posters that frequent here daily for months, with no other intention, other than to talk about Randy Rhoads? I mean, really-.what's the sense?
I don't have a short attention span I
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

kamalayka you are as annoying as the people you are condemning.

I know people who know everything there is to know about every aspect of cars they will never get to touch, is that also wrong? How about astronomers who need to know about planets millions of light years away that might have the possibility of life even though we'll never know for sure or be able to contact them, they're psycho, too, right?

We like Randy Rhoads, so we learn about him. Is it obsessive? Sure. Does it get out of control between me and Shaun sometimes? Yep. Does it hurt you or cause harm to anyone that we have something we feel passionate about?

The bottom line is, you don't like it here so maybe you should pick a new forum.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

kamalayka wrote:Do you think he might be freaked out about how obsessive so many of his fans are?

It's okay to know what sorts of guitars he played and stuff like that, but it's not okay when you sleep at his grave and know his favorite brand of cigarettes and can recite off the top of your head how many times he sneezed in a month or how times he changed his guitar strings or whatever. (It's really, really not okay.)

Do any of you obsessive types have a history of mental illness, by any chance? Have you ever been committed to a loony bin?

Is there an inverse correlation between the level of fanaticism and the level of sanity on this website?

Am I putting my life in danger by criticizing the crazies around here? Is my mailbox going to blow up? Will I wake up to a horse head beside my pillow?

Oh, dear God, what have I done? WHAT HAVE I DONE?!

As our 16th president is alleged to have said, "You cannot believe everything you read online." (He was going to include this in the Gettysburg Address, but took it out at the last minute when he realized that he had no idea what line he was referring to and that telegraphs are better because Al Gore invented the internet and screw him because he's a Democrat and Lincoln would rather be caught in an Asian ladyboy brothel with his pants at his ankles than give the impression that he likes one of those things enough to be seen agreeing with one.)

Having sex at his gravesite = stupid and disrespectful.

Brand of Cigarettes = apparently he was a Winston man once I saw a packet of Benson and Hedges in a photo at Ridge Farm and back when I was 15 saw him with Malboros in the Tribute album photos . Your guess is as good as mine, although I don't give a shit if you want my honest opinion about these things they are just talking points.

He had asthma and got out of breath easily that was more worrying than what brand of fags he smoked.

How many times he sneezed in a month= never heard of that one.

How many times he changed his guitar strings= I would like to know that, however being a guitar player I usually change mine once a month or more if I am doing a show.

So that's not difficult to work out and besides he wouldn't have changed his strings anyway it would've been his guitar tech Pete Holmes.

Obsessional people = that's a difficult one. Every single human being alive has " obsessional" traits. Then there is Ocd. Then your stalker types.
Mark Chapman was an extreme case he asked for John Lennon`s autograph then came back and shot him in the back..Behind Obsession is Motivation so whats the motivation for every single persons " obsessional" traits?

Unless of course you count talking about subjects to keep the site alive when bored. I have started many topics about nothing in particular for that reason.

Mental Illness = 1 in 3 people supposedly suffer some kind of mental illness in their lifetime. Does Mental illness cause a person to be " obsessive" or the other way around? I don't think that's relevant. ( see motivation)

I think the people behind the quiet riot film/ the coffee table book after seeing them in clips and reading about them definitely show signs of what I would call "obsessional" behaviour especially after tracking down sherriff smart and getting hold of graphic photos of Randy`s dead body. And sleeping with his ex girlfriend is another weird one.

There are a lot of things im sure Randy Rhoads would've been shocked by if he were alive today his family being vilified for example.

Bit confused by your post.
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
RRfan4eveRR

Post by RRfan4eveRR »

Actually, mojo, Randy's autopsy concluded that he had the beginning stages of emphysema, not asthma. Yep, I'm obsessive :-)
I don't have a short attention span I
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

AND it was because he was sick.chest cold/bronchitis etc...im a stalker!!!!!!!!
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Tito wrote:...im a stalker!!!!!!!!
We know, we can see your avatar :wink:
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

Paul Wolfe wrote:kamalayka you are as annoying as the people you are condemning.

I know people who know everything there is to know about every aspect of cars they will never get to touch, is that also wrong? How about astronomers who need to know about planets millions of light years away that might have the possibility of life even though we'll never know for sure or be able to contact them, they're psycho, too, right?

We like Randy Rhoads, so we learn about him. Is it obsessive? Sure. Does it get out of control between me and Shaun sometimes? Yep. Does it hurt you or cause harm to anyone that we have something we feel passionate about?

The bottom line is, you don't like it here so maybe you should pick a new forum.
+1

kamalayka, being objective, the way you approach this topic is back-handed. On one hand, you have a legit question: why are some Randy fans over the top? On the other hand, you insult people and ask "how many of you obsessive types have a history of mental illness? How many of you have been committed to a loony bin?". Right there, you lost a lot of people by throwing out this provocative statement. Even folks that aren't "obsessive", as you say, read this and shake their head. That's like me asking you a legit question such as, "why are you curious about the mental state of Randy's fans?", then following it up with, "why are you such an asshole?". Not really fair, is it?
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

RRfan4eveRR wrote:Actually, mojo, Randy's autopsy concluded that he had the beginning stages of emphysema, not asthma. Yep, I'm obsessive :-)

My obsessional moment has arrived :

First I must clearly state that I mean no disrespect and the article on Emphysema and Asthma was copied and pasted from a medical information site.

Additional Diagnosis ,Microscopic

1.Pulmonary Emphysema, mild

2.Fatty metamorphosis of liver, mild

He was diagnosed Asthmatic whilst alive but , Mild Emphysema is another thing -two different diseases ....

What’s the difference between asthma and emphysema?

Asthma and emphysema are two entirely different diseases with some symptoms in common. Asthma is a spastic and inflammatory disease of the airways that causes reversible obstruction of the bronchial tubes. It usually responds to treatment.

Emphysema is a disease of the lung tissue, especially the alveoli (air sacs) at the end of the bronchial tubes. Emphysema results from destruction of these alveoli. This process is not reversible and responds less well to medical treatment. Emphysema is slowly progressive; you will get short of breath and become more disabled as time goes on. Eventually you may require continuous concentrated oxygen to be comfortable. This irreversible disease (and other obstructive lung diseases such as chronic bronchitis) is often referred to as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).

The majority of COPD individuals have a long history of smoking cigarettes. It is possible to suffer from both COPD and asthma. Rigorous treatment of the asthmatic component can often significantly improve your quality of life.

In recent years, some asthmatic individuals have developed an irreversible obstruction of their bronchi and appear to have a syndrome that is very much like the fixed obstructive disease seen in COPD.

As I said before I honestly could see Randy on oxygen or worse if he had not curbed his smoking habit sad and distressing that it is. Bob has said he was always worried that Randy got out of breath easily .And Ozzy has joked that Randy could've won the smoking Olympics.

Actually you can hear in some interviews when breathing in , he sounded raspy or tight in the chest.

And......here` :mrgreen: s.... Mojo!......
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Lots of times there is nothing wrong with being 'obsessive' as long people realizing they are 'obsessed' by something. I dare to say Randy himself was 'obsessive' too. Most 'groundbreaking' figures in history were too. Where would be without 'obsessive' people? :)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

This is what I call 'obsessive':
Attachments
1459758_715846285095220_842127834_n.jpg
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

Paul Wolfe wrote:This is what I call 'obsessive':
Whoa! Well, at least it's a decent rendition of that picture! I've seen some bad rock tattoos, Randy and otherwise.

This dude is pretty hardcore, though!
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Paul Wolfe wrote:This is what I call 'obsessive':
Nah, that's just a fan.

:P
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Post by randy will never die »

I smell a fanboy :P :lol:
kamalayka
Cool Member

Post by kamalayka »

Which is creepier -- the fact that people here have actually read his autopsy documents, or the fact that nobody seems to think it's creepy?

Learning the details of his autopsy is definitely in the realm of obsessive. That's so beyond what any decent or respectful (or sane) person would need to know.