Did Tony Iommi ever see Randy play live

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Fozzy41
Madman

Did Tony Iommi ever see Randy play live

Post by Fozzy41 »

Did Tony Iommi ever see Randy play live with Ozzy, and if he did what did he think, I was just wondering. I know he was at the Birmingham N.E.C. concert in Dec'82, I've seen photos of Tony and Ozzy backstage, but Brad was in the band then.
You can't kill Rock 'n Roll
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

Brad was in the band in December '82. I don't think Tony ever saw Randy play live although there's a big chance I'm wrong.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Did Tony Iommi ever see Randy play live

Post by Trigger »

Fozzy41 wrote:Did Tony Iommi ever see Randy play live with Ozzy, and if he did what did he think, I was just wondering. I know he was at the Birmingham N.E.C. concert in Dec'82, I've seen photos of Tony and Ozzy backstage, but Brad was in the band then.
I didn't know Ozzy had met Tony untill Live aid in 1985 since he was thrown out of Sabb in 1979. Do you have a picture of that meeting in December 1982?
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Found a quote herewith some comments from Tony about Randy:
Tony Iommi(Black Sabbath)

Obviously, I've always had a bit of interest in the guitarists Ozzy has worked with. After having worked with somebody for so long, you can't dismiss their musical activities very easily. Ozzy once told me that one of the things which first attracted him to Randy was that he was the exact opposite of me. He looked different, and his style was very unique. I favor certain chord structures, while Randy had his own way of expressing himself. I admire what he did, though I wish Ozzy had given him a little more freedom to express himself on his albums.
btw: Welcome aboard Fozz! :D
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

I remember reading that(the comments from all the musicians) in one of the guitar magazines back in the day.
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Trigger wrote:
Fozzy41 wrote:Did Tony Iommi ever see Randy play live with Ozzy, and if he did what did he think, I was just wondering. I know he was at the Birmingham N.E.C. concert in Dec'82, I've seen photos of Tony and Ozzy backstage, but Brad was in the band then.
I didn't know Ozzy had met Tony untill Live aid in 1985 since he was thrown out of Sabb in 1979. Do you have a picture of that meeting in December 1982?
Yes I do have a copy of that photo somewhere, I'll have a look for it. It was in Kerrang and it also has a revue of the Birmingham concert.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Fozzy41 wrote:
Trigger wrote:
Yes I do have a copy of that photo somewhere, I'll have a look for it. It was in Kerrang and it also has a revue of the Birmingham concert.
I would like to see the picture if you can find it, i do have a recording of the Birmingham 82 show but it's nothing to rave about!

PS Fozzy I PM'd you can you check out my message :D
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

maybe he went to a concert without nobody noticing ? 8)

... he must've heard the albums though :roll:
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

I DUG THE PHOTO OUT BUT i'M SHIT ON COMPUTERS AND DON'T KNOW HOW TO UPLOAD. IS THERE AN E-MAIL ADDRESS i CAN SEND IT TOO AND SOMEONE UPLOAD IT FOR ME. SORRY I'M THICK
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Fozzy41 wrote:I DUG THE PHOTO OUT BUT i'M SHIT ON COMPUTERS AND DON'T KNOW HOW TO UPLOAD. IS THERE AN E-MAIL ADDRESS i CAN SEND IT TOO AND SOMEONE UPLOAD IT FOR ME. SORRY I'M THICK
I've e-mailed the photo to Skezza, hopefully he'll put it here soon, I'm sure most of you wiil have already seen it though.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Hey everyone, thanks fozzy for the photo:

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gmforr ... &.src=mail

snowden7772

Post by snowden7772 »

very nice picture!! :P
steinberg

Post by steinberg »

Tommi look like the guy, who makes my pizzas :roll:
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

steinberg wrote:Tommi look like the guy, who makes my pizzas :roll:
Tony IS the guy who makes your pizzas.
mj_patrick

Post by mj_patrick »

LOL. It just isn't right seeing Ozzy with short hair :-)