Kelly gives full tour of the MUSONIA SCHOOL

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

randy will never die
Mass Poster

Kelly gives full tour of the MUSONIA SCHOOL

Post by randy will never die »

In this full tour you will get to see and hear things that you never SEEN AND HEARD BEFORE

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BNGGeOSm3AI

THIS BELONGS IN THE RANDY SECTION

MORE ABOUT RANDY THAN THE SCHOOL
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Re: Kelly gives full tour of the MUSONIA SCHOOL

Post by sytharnia »

he's very eccentric isn't he ....very surprised at how big the place seems to be
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

"The two biggest countries, besides the United States, for Randy, that have the most fans, is Japan and Canada."

Interesting that Kelle talks so lovingly about fan clubs and says he's going to Canada because of a fan club, yet he won't contact Ultimate Rhoads and seems to have disdain for this place. I wonder why?
sytharnia wrote:he's very eccentric isn't he ...
Indeed... talking about people 'making love' in front of his brother's tomb? Why would anyone mention that?
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

Paul Wolfe wrote:" I wonder why?
Probably because he would be raked over the coals.
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

Paul Wolfe wrote:"The two biggest countries, besides the United States, for Randy, that have the most fans, is Japan and Canada."

Interesting that Kelle talks so lovingly about fan clubs and says he's going to Canada because of a fan club, yet he won't contact Ultimate Rhoads and seems to have disdain for this place. I wonder why?
sytharnia wrote:he's very eccentric isn't he ...
Indeed... talking about people 'making love' in front of his brother's tomb? Why would anyone mention that?
This is the first I've heard about Randy having such a huge following here in Canada. Lots of people here know who he is, but I wouldn't consider this a stronghold of Randy fans by any means. Canadian metalheads are pretty die hard, though. What we lack in numbers, we make up for in dedication to the music!

Any word on where he's Travelling in Canada? I'm not interested in meeting the guy, but I'm curious where his travels are taking him in our Great Country. I wasn't even aware of any Canadian Randy Fan Clubs!

In terms of his disdain for this place, I don't think we fit neatly into the box that the family probably would like us to be in, in terms of fandom. Things get discussed here and opinions get thrown around that aren't always ones that coincide with the "official version" of things, which is fine, albeit sometimes the conversation goes places that are sometimes distasteful, I suppose. At least we are not .tk, though, where it seems that punches are pulled, for whatever reason. Are they still "endorsed by the Rhoads family"?

And honestly, I don't think that Kelle's (Doug's) participation here would be all that constructive anyways. As others have mentioned, it would probably just turn into a spectacle. Just my two cents, for what it's worth!
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

It's not like i pine for his presence here...He's full of the same old stories and not a good ambassador to be worthy to come this forum. If he;s going to Canada i bet you its for a free holiday or he'll be playing with some guys. I cannot see him busting his gut just for 'the Randy fans'...
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

randy will never die wrote:In this full tour you will get to see and hear things that you never SEEN AND HEARD BEFORE

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BNGGeOSm3AI

THIS BELONGS IN THE RANDY SECTION

MORE ABOUT RANDY THAN THE SCHOOL
Just watched this out of curiousity. It was almost painful to watch. Kelle seems nice enough, but the whole thing just had a weird vibe. I also fail to see why people would take a tour of Musonia, but that's just me I guess. :roll:
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:It's not like i pine for his presence here...He's full of the same old stories and not a good ambassador to be worthy to come this forum. If he;s going to Canada i bet you its for a free holiday or he'll be playing with some guys. I cannot see him busting his gut just for 'the Randy fans'...
I would think there would obviously be something in it for him - why else would he, or anyone else, go? Nonetheless, it's cool of whatever fan club is having him to bring him in, I guess. More power to the guy if he can parlay an appearance into a free trip. I dot hold that against him at all. I suppose we're just a little more jaded at this forum, and see other perspectives.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:It's not like i pine for his presence here...He's full of the same old stories and not a good ambassador to be worthy to come this forum. If he;s going to Canada i bet you its for a free holiday or he'll be playing with some guys. I cannot see him busting his gut just for 'the Randy fans'...
I would think there would obviously be something in it for him - why else would he, or anyone else, go? Nonetheless, it's cool of whatever fan club is having him to bring him in, I guess. More power to the guy if he can parlay an appearance into a free trip. I dot hold that against him at all. I suppose we're just a little more jaded at this forum, and see other perspectives.
Well if it was some guy in Canada who would love to meet 'Kelle Rhoads' and said Kelle come to Canada you can play with my band we do Ozzy and Quiet Riot tracks. we'll pay all your expenses and provide you with accommodation. What person would not turn down the invite, what i'm saying is, he's not going to meet up with the Maple leaf RR society. He's not going to meet a group of people like the people who come to this forum. He's doing it because he's fortunate to have 'Rhoads' as a surname.
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:
Well if it was some guy in Canada who would love to meet 'Kelle Rhoads' and said Kelle come to Canada you can play with my band we do Ozzy and Quiet Riot tracks. we'll pay all your expenses and provide you with accommodation. What person would not turn down the invite, what i'm saying is, he's not going to meet up with the Maple leaf RR society. He's not going to meet a group of people like the people who come to this forum. He's doing it because he's fortunate to have 'Rhoads' as a surname.
I think we're in agreement! Frankly, I could care less if the dude has twenty free trips! And honestly, Shawn, I think most people would do exactly the same thing if their surname had some notoriety to it, as his does. While we may not always think highly of the guy, I understand what he's doing, and really, who are we to judge, I guess? Never met the guy, just going by what I've seen online, and that's been a mixed bag, to say the least. In this case, I don't think there's anything wrong with what he's doing.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

This guy could quite easily shut the doors to the school and say nope, i dont want fans in here and im sure many people would do that. Hes probably still dealing with Randy`s death in his own way its probably helped him cope with it over the years no one seems to mention this only that he has some kind of hidden agenda. He may be a bit eccentric.But what is he doing wrong? showing people around the school where his brother who is legend in rock music once taught. I can see why it would mean a lot to many people. Why deny them that right?

I teach guitar and to me if i ever visted the states i would seriously consider paying a visit to this place because he is obviously so welcoming.

I dont understand why he needs to come here? Bob doesnt come here either. But they are both friendly people who are very kind to fans of Randy Rhoads....
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Post by randy will never die »

The most interesting thing to me in the whole vid was that Randy's favorite guitar was the SG but it wouldn't stay in tune

Wonder why it wouldn't stay in tune
His cream Paul stayed in good tune
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

mojopin70 wrote:This guy could quite easily shut the doors to the school and say nope, i dont want fans in here and im sure many people would do that. Hes probably still dealing with Randy`s death in his own way its probably helped him cope with it over the years no one seems to mention this only that he has some kind of hidden agenda. He may be a bit eccentric.But what is he doing wrong? showing people around the school where his brother who is legend in rock music once taught. I can see why it would mean a lot to many people. Why deny them that right?

I teach guitar and to me if i ever visted the states i would seriously consider paying a visit to this place because he is obviously so welcoming.

I dont understand why he needs to come here? Bob doesnt come here either. But they are both friendly people who are very kind to fans of Randy Rhoads....
Mojo, I don't think anyone denies Kelle can do whatever the hell he wants. It's his right. But again, we get into the reality that once you post something on YouTube, people will comment on it and have opinions, good or bad.

It's nice that he's welcoming to fans; I guess some folks just think he's eccentric (which is his right), end of story. As I mentioned, I bear the man no malice. He seemed downright cool to the person taping the tour. It was just painful to watch was all. I could care less if he's socially awkward, but I was just pointing it out because it was obvious. It's not a bad thing! It's who he is!
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

dannyahansen wrote:
Paul Wolfe wrote:" I wonder why?
Probably because he would be raked over the coals.
Yeah, I was being hypothetical. Those of us who've been here know there's no love lost between certain members and Randy's family.
randy will never die wrote:The most interesting thing to me in the whole vid was that Randy's favorite guitar was the SG but it wouldn't stay in tune

Wonder why it wouldn't stay in tune
His cream Paul stayed in good tune
He sold the SG to Stan Lee of the Dickies who reported absolutely no tuning issues. I believe that Randy was young and used light gauge strings which do go out of tune easily if you have a heavy technique. Kevin said Randy used to break strings a lot, too, so he moved up from 9's to 10's and the string breakage stopped. I'd guess the tuning was more stable that way as well. I don't recall Kevin saying if it was the SG or the LP when he switched gauges.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:
mojopin70 wrote:This guy could quite easily shut the doors to the school and say nope, i dont want fans in here and im sure many people would do that. Hes probably still dealing with Randy`s death in his own way its probably helped him cope with it over the years no one seems to mention this only that he has some kind of hidden agenda. He may be a bit eccentric.But what is he doing wrong? showing people around the school where his brother who is legend in rock music once taught. I can see why it would mean a lot to many people. Why deny them that right?

Mojo, I don't think anyone denies Kelle can do whatever the hell he wants. It's his right. But again, we get into the reality that once you post something on YouTube, people will comment on it and have opinions, good or bad.

It's nice that he's welcoming to fans; I guess some folks just think he's eccentric (which is his right), end of story. As I mentioned, I bear the man no malice. He seemed downright cool to the person taping the tour. It was just painful to watch was all. I could care less if he's socially awkward, but I was just pointing it out because it was obvious. It's not a bad thing! It's who he is!

I wasnt having a go at anyone. I just dont understand why there is so much cynicism around the Rhoads family.
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.