Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Re: Kelly gives full tour of the MUSONIA SCHOOL

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

mojopin70 wrote:
CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:
mojopin70 wrote:This guy could quite easily shut the doors to the school and say nope, i dont want fans in here and im sure many people would do that. Hes probably still dealing with Randy`s death in his own way its probably helped him cope with it over the years no one seems to mention this only that he has some kind of hidden agenda. He may be a bit eccentric.But what is he doing wrong? showing people around the school where his brother who is legend in rock music once taught. I can see why it would mean a lot to many people. Why deny them that right?

I teach guitar and to me if i ever visted the states i would seriously consider paying a visit to this place because he is obviously so welcoming.

I dont understand why he needs to come here? Bob doesnt come here either. But they are both friendly people who are very kind to fans of Randy Rhoads....
Mojo, I don't think anyone denies Kelle can do whatever the hell he wants. It's his right. But again, we get into the reality that once you post something on YouTube, people will comment on it and have opinions, good or bad.

It's nice that he's welcoming to fans; I guess some folks just think he's eccentric (which is his right), end of story. As I mentioned, I bear the man no malice. He seemed downright cool to the person taping the tour. It was just painful to watch was all. I could care less if he's socially awkward, but I was just pointing it out because it was obvious. It's not a bad thing! It's who he is!

I wasnt having a go at anyone. I just dont understand why there is so much cynicism around the Rhoads family.
Ummm...did anyone say you were "having a go at anyone"?
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

'I just dont understand why there is so much cynicism around the Rhoads family.'

let me explain it to you then-many fans/fanatics here,many of whom were not born yet or too young to care who rr was,apparently know what is best for the family...even more so than the family members themselves.
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

oth wrote:'I just dont understand why there is so much cynicism around the Rhoads family.'

let me explain it to you then-many fans/fanatics here,many of whom were not born yet or too young to care who rr was,apparently know what is best for the family...even more so than the family members themselves.
...yet another opinion on the situation.
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

no,not opinion,rather its an observation of the uninformed and stupid/ignorant opinions here.To which the family would agree 100% with me and this response and the one above that i posted.Wanna bet what the family thinks of the ignorant opinions here?The lack of decorum or respect to the family here is repulsive and galling.
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

oth wrote:no,not opinion,rather its an observation of the uninformed and stupid/ignorant opinions here.To which the family would agree 100% with me and this response and the one above that i posted.Wanna bet what the family thinks of the ignorant opinions here?The lack of decorum or respect to the family here is repulsive and galling.
Did you miss the part where I commended Kelle for being nice to fans? It's hard to tell who you're taking a swipe at here, Oth.
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

im directing this at those that bitch about whats wrong with the family.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

The Rhoads as a family are recognised for one reason only for the guitarist Randy Rhoads. If Randy had not of made a name for himself as a guitarist the family would probably be recognised as people who run a music school in Burbank. like many musicians who play guitar or what ever instrument, they will do it for the love of the instrument or they want to be famous and hit the big time. Some people are fortunate and get the break, others work hard and get no where as they don't inspire the media etc. That is my point, I was lucky to see Randy 'live' in concert. So he died 33 years ago and for all the younger fans who missed out on seeing Randy in the flesh. The nearest they are going to get is second best and a meeting with Delores, Kelle, Kathy, Jodi, Loren and anyone who was close to Randy, ex band members etc. They are in awe to meet these people, i don't see the fascination and i could imagine some of these people to be very interesting characters. But to give them 'rock star status' and the not worthy approach. Is some what surreal and very much like saying you've seen Randy in concert, well not really but i've met his Mom and brother etc. They do not inspire me to give them any status of an idol or a Rock star. I will give them credit when credit is due but up to now??. I don't see any reason to give them credit and to me it's like they are famous and they will be pointed out in a crowd for the wrong reasons. Look that's Randy's Brother, sister, niece, nephew friend.
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Post by randy will never die »

oth wrote:'I just dont understand why there is so much cynicism around the Rhoads family.'

I DONT FEEL THAT WAY

I respect randy and his family

I think that my generation feels that we have so little of randy

BUT I RESPECT RANDYS FAMILY AND THINK THAT KELLY IS EXTREMELY NICE FOR SHOWING THE FANS THE SCHOOL AND RANDYS FIRST GUITAR
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

randy will never die wrote:

I DONT FEEL THAT WAY

I respect randy and his family

I think that my generation feels that we have so little of randy

BUT I RESPECT RANDYS FAMILY AND THINK THAT KELLY IS EXTREMELY NICE FOR SHOWING THE FANS THE SCHOOL AND RANDYS FIRST GUITAR

Yep exactly the family doesn't owe any of the fans anything. Some people think they do owe them " something" I find that bizarre. I wouldn't call up someone's mother and upload the phone call to you tube like some weirdos have done with Randy Rhoads`s mother .I believe Andrew Klein was one of those weirdos who used to call up his mother quite regularly. I mean seriously leave the family in peace .

Good on Kelle Rhoads for keeping alive Randy`s memory and the music room where he once taught.
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

i just watched the kelly video and he seemed totally accomodating.I have no idea why people are bitching about him in that video.There is nothing weird or awkward.Its amazing that he does this despite the shit he gets from fans.
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Post by randy will never die »

I wonder if Randy's pevey amps from quiet riot from the vid still work

Kelly said that they haven't been turned on since 79
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
dannyahansen wrote:
Paul Wolfe wrote:" I wonder why?
Probably because he would be raked over the coals.
Yeah, I was being hypothetical.
I meant "rhetorical," not sure why I said 'hypothetical'...

Very well said.
oth wrote:no,not opinion,rather its an observation of the uninformed and stupid/ignorant opinions here.To which the family would agree 100% with me and this response and the one above that i posted.Wanna bet what the family thinks of the ignorant opinions here?The lack of decorum or respect to the family here is repulsive and galling.
Again, well said, I couldn't agree more.
oth wrote:i just watched the kelly video and he seemed totally accomodating.I have no idea why people are bitching about him in that video.There is nothing weird or awkward.Its amazing that he does this despite the shit he gets from fans.
The only thing that bugged me in the video was the making-love-in-front-of-the-grave comment like it was a cool thing. Other than that, I think it's great that these people are willing to talk about their lost loved one to anyone who asks. Having lost my father and my nephew in recent years, I know it has to be hard to constantly be reminded that someone you loved is no longer here.

As for giving them the 'rock star' treatment, I don't know where that comes from. When I first met Kelly G he was cleaning his fish tank the whole time we talked. There was no awe or reverence, just appreciation that he was willing to hang for a while and talk to me about Randy and let me look through his stuff. I've known Frank for years as well, and I rarely talk to him about Randy anymore, he's a friend I happened to meet on an RR forum. I've met many people here and the friends I've made are equal, regardless of 'status' in the hierarchy of RR.
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Paul Wolfe wrote:
oth wrote:i just watched the kelly video and he seemed totally accomodating.I have no idea why people are bitching about him in that video.There is nothing weird or awkward.Its amazing that he does this despite the shit he gets from fans.
The only thing that bugged me in the video was the making-love-in-front-of-the-grave comment like it was a cool thing. Other than that, I think it's great that these people are willing to talk about their lost loved one to anyone who asks. Having lost my father and my nephew in recent years, I know it has to be hard to constantly be reminded that someone you loved is no longer here.
Yeah, that comment was what seemed a bit odd to me, but whatever. I think it was an off the cuff comment, and perhaps we shouldn't look that far into it.
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

double post - sorry!
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:double post - sorry!
What the F#*k? Can't you Canadians type? Geez, how could anyone want to come visit the 'Great White North' Land of the double-posters?!?!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :wink: