The Airplane Tire Incident

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

kamalayka
Cool Member

The Airplane Tire Incident

Post by kamalayka »

Apparently, Randy was going for a ride when a freaking tire falls from the sky and nearly crushes the car.

http://www.goldminemag.com/article/new- ... hoads-life
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Re: The Airplane Tire Incident

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Another of those "if it's on the Internet it must be true" stories? It just sounds so convoluted to me.
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

It also says in the Diary of a madman book,I believe it was Sharon who said Randy was terrified of flying because of some Huge plane crash in Washington earier that year
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Post by randy will never die »

[quote="Paul Wolfe"]Another of those "if it's on the Internet it must be true" stories? It just sounds so convoluted to me.[/quote

ACTUALLY PAUL I heard this story before when I was searching the forms
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

i think it was in the patomic river flight 90 i believe dave
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

Tito wrote:i think it was in the patomic river flight 90 i believe dave

The tyre story is actually True, Sarzo was there apparently and its in his book, Im pretty sure thats where i saw it.Unless hes telling porkies :idea:

Yes also the passenger plane that crashed into the bridge/river a bit before the accident there were only a couple of survivors?
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I read Rudy's book, never hear this story.

And, Yes, Tito, what I heard was Randy was watching TV when Air Florida flight 90 crashed into the Potomac river on January 13, 1982 (the band was playing Kansas City, MO that night) - heard that back in the 20th century.
randy will never die wrote:
Paul Wolfe wrote:Another of those "if it's on the Internet it must be true" stories? It just sounds so convoluted to me.
Like I said, if you hear it on the Internet it MUST be true, especially on forums.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I have read it before and it came from someone like Tommy Aldridge or Don Airey during an interview. They are talking about the accident and Randy's fear of flying etc. But i cannot remember the history of how this wheel was bouncing down the road...It's been mentioned too many times for it not to have happened.
Donnie
Cool Member

Post by Donnie »

Its a story from the new Randy Rhoads book from Margolis Klein.
1756 Mozart~1956 Rhoads~2156 ??????
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

Donnie wrote:Its a story from the new Randy Rhoads book from Margolis Klein.
Ahh yes i think thats where i read it , there mustve been a chapter online that it came from!
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

Paul Wolfe wrote:I read Rudy's book, never hear this story.

And, Yes, Tito, what I heard was Randy was watching TV when Air Florida flight 90 crashed into the Potomac river on January 13, 1982 (the band was playing Kansas City, MO that night) - heard that back in the 20th century.
randy will never die wrote:
Paul Wolfe wrote:Another of those "if it's on the Internet it must be true" stories? It just sounds so convoluted to me.
Like I said, if you hear it on the Internet it MUST be true, especially on forums.
Beg your pardon,it was from a chapter of Kleins- Randy Rhoads book that was posted in an interview about the book . Ill try and find the link!

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

mojopin70 wrote:
Paul Wolfe wrote:Like I said, if you hear it on the Internet it MUST be true, especially on forums.
Beg your pardon,it was from a chapter of Kleins- Randy Rhoads book that was posted in an interview about the book . Ill try and find the link!
This is the link to the excerpt from the book, it's in the original post. I'll rephrase: If it's on the Internet or spoken by Klein/Margolis it must be true.

When I hear it verified by someone from some other source, I'll give it some credence. It sounds false to me and I've never heard it in my 30+ years of reading about Randy, so I have doubts.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Well Randy Jodi and Don Airey all witnessed it happening...It was Don Airey who mentioned it in an interview..So is he full of internet hot air as well..
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

i would say its possible..be nice to know what the date was to pinpoint if there was a air accident that day..never know
Donnie
Cool Member

Post by Donnie »

Well I think it doesn't matter either way if its true or not but I don't see what the purpose of it being a lie would serve.
1756 Mozart~1956 Rhoads~2156 ??????