The Airplane Tire Incident

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

RRfan4eveRR

Re: The Airplane Tire Incident

Post by RRfan4eveRR »

I think it's pretty rare that I would defend this book, but I tend to side with the authors, Lori, Jodi, and Don. What would be the point in fabricating a story such as this, thirty some odd years after their friend's death? Especially considering that it's not being touted as one of the defining moments in this bio. Also, what if it was not an airplane tire but a blow out that seemingly flew from the sky, but perhaps really came off an overhead viaduct above? Of course, the authors probably added a little to the story itself for impact but I doubt that this story alone in itself makes or breaks the book.
I don't have a short attention span I
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:When you hear about events like these why do people have to doubt and have to turn it into some kind of conspiracy.
For the same reason that you read a book like this and say Randy wasn't close with his sister and brother and they're only out to make a buck off his name. You read some things and accept them as truth while I doubt them. Then I read other things and accept them and you doubt them.

If we all read second and third hand stories and believed everything we read it'd be a much stranger world than it actually is (which is pretty damn strange at times). We all come from different backgrounds and see things from different points of view, as a result we accept or reject things differently.
RRfan4eveRR wrote:I doubt that this story alone in itself makes or breaks the book.
Agreed.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Paul thats my opinion..and others agree on what i say. Your in the opinion of what you know if i thought they had a close knit bond as a family i would tell you different. When randy arrived back from England only Jodi and Loren met him at the airport. If it was my brother i think i would of made some kind of effort to go. Delores is his mother and i cannot say anything bad of her. She made the distance and travelled to see him when he was here so did Jodi. That doesn't sound like a brother and sister who have a close relationship. But they love to be around the fans...Just a shame Randy is not here to say any different.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Again, Shaun, I understand your point of view and I appreciate it. We simply see things differently.

I have a great relationship with my family, yet, depending on work or other commitments I wouldn't necessarily meet them at the airport.

The way I see that incident (meeting at the airport) is that he'd been gone a few months and his family continued on with their lives as would be expected. When he scheduled his flight to return home, they had other commitments and couldn't be there. At that point in time, they figured this would be the first of many returns home as Randy went out to conquer the world. They had their own lives to live, which I'm sure Randy would have understood. Now, had they known how short his life would be, I'm sure they would have done some things differently.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Yeah they are doing things different now by living from his fame...Do you get it now!!! or do you want more facts!!! work commitments etc your talking about a brother who is shit jealous of his younger brother and a sister who just didn't bond with her brother..the only thing that is different now is that one of them is dead. Shit even Kathy's husband had to go and identify his body. They couldn't give a flying fuck about him when he was alive. How many gigs did they go to ..when he was alive. How many times did he write to his bro and sister while away with Ozzy. I've never seen one letter or postcard from either of them. Jodi got letters and postcards everyday. I should imagine Delores got letters etc. Shit even Frank got a postcard. What does that tell you all his friends thought something of him..They wanted him to be a star. I'm no Sherlocke Holmes mate but i can see the tell tale signs.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Shaun, I'm done with you. I say we have a difference of opinion and you go on the attack and say I'm wrong.

I've been polite with you on this. We simply disagree, you see it your way and I see it mine. Too bad that's not good enough.
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

the drive from burbank to lax is frikkin murder...35miles of 2hr hell...each way if your lucky...no thanx
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

oth wrote:the drive from burbank to lax is frikkin murder...35miles of 2hr hell...each way if your lucky...no thanx
:) :D :lol:
RRfan4eveRR

Post by RRfan4eveRR »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Yeah they are doing things different now by living from his fame...Do you get it now!!! or do you want more facts!!! work commitments etc your talking about a brother who is shit jealous of his younger brother and a sister who just didn't bond with her brother..the only thing that is different now is that one of them is dead. Shit even Kathy's husband had to go and identify his body. They couldn't give a flying fuck about him when he was alive. How many gigs did they go to ..when he was alive. How many times did he write to his bro and sister while away with Ozzy. I've never seen one letter or postcard from either of them. Jodi got letters and postcards everyday. I should imagine Delores got letters etc. Shit even Frank got a postcard. What does that tell you all his friends thought something of him..They wanted him to be a star. I'm no Sherlocke Holmes mate but i can see the tell tale signs.

Whoa, gotta give Kathy a break IMO being a new mother and maintaining a marriage and business (I think...) does tend to isolate a woman from the rest of the world, and I say this from experience. I have a large family and yeah some do travel, etc but I can relate to Kathy on this. Even though my siblings and I adore each other and love one another infinitely, we all have our own social lives- and IMO that's certainly not unique to only my gene pool. As far as Kelly, shit, I dunno but I would venture to guess that he was probably busting his ass to make a, name for himself also.

I can see what you're saying, but I think you're shitting on the family unnecessarily here. I would take issue w Kelly allegedly selling his cd's and the wine at the memorials- but regardless of family dynamics, they are still his blood regardless IMHO.
I don't have a short attention span I