Lemmy wrote a song about Randy ...

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Lemmy wrote a song about Randy ...

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I've just getting the new Classic Rock Motorhead album fan pack and inside the magazine Lemmy is talking about his contributions to the Ozzy albums 'No More Tears' and 'Ozzmosis'. I was surprised to read this ...
"I had a good time writing songs for him because when i came to America i was broke, i had nothing in the bank. $haron Osbourne said, "Do you want to write four songs? " and they gave me this lump sum that was more money than i'd ever seen in my life! More money then i'd ever made in Hawkwind and Motorhead even when we were number one. I never got royalties, but that was alright with me. I've written a few more since, for him. I wrote 'MaMa i'm Comin Home', 'Desire' and 'I Don't Want to Change the World', and on Ozzmosis I wrote 'My Little Man', which is very personal. I did write one about Randy Rhoads, but it bothered Ozzy because he got too deep into it. I'm good at putting myself in other people's head, y know?...
Attachments
motorhead fan pack 2013.JPG
distortionplus
Cool Member

Re: Lemmy wrote a song about Randy ...

Post by distortionplus »

Interesting, like you I didn't have a clue Lemmy contributed songs to any OZZY albums.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Yeah i knew about his songs on the 'No More Tears' album as Lemmy mentions it in his autobiography. But i never knew about 'Little Man' and the song he wrote about Randy..
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

thanks for that info idol i had no idea..lemmy seems like a really cool guy..
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Tito wrote:thanks for that info idol i had no idea..lemmy seems like a really cool guy..
Yeah he is a very cool guy and me and skezza had the pleasure of meeting him a few years ago.

Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

I forget the article i read last year on him but the guy lives in a shoebox pretty much. I think he lives with his son to. Really small apartment and covered with memorabilia everywhere. When the guy said he made no money...he really means it.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Shockwave wrote:I forget the article i read last year on him but the guy lives in a shoebox pretty much. I think he lives with his son to. Really small apartment and covered with memorabilia everywhere. When the guy said he made no money...he really means it.
Lemmy has just recently moved house i heard this from one of the road crew. He does alright money wise, but refuses to live the fast cars and mansions life style. He has said why do you need 15 bedrooms when one will only ever be slept in. He doesn't drive and he does not have a driving licence and he doesn't need a swimming pool cos he cannot swim.... I laughed in the Lemmy film when he got the film crew to tidy up his kitchen and they showed it in fast frame... Just so they could film Lemmy cooking some fries on his stove.. thats Rock n Roll..
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

Lemmy is about as true rock n roll as you can get. I've seen Motörhead twice, and they were fantastic. I hope he gets better soon, as he has been ill.

Plus, you know your band is a legend when iPad, iPhones, and everything else autocorrects the band name WITH the umlauts. That's rock n roll!
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

distortionplus wrote:Interesting, like you I didn't have a clue Lemmy contributed songs to any OZZY albums.

Yes, Lemmy contributed lyrics to some songs on No More Tears after the music had been written and recorded. It would be good to hear his song about Randy.
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley