Mass Poster

Re: Are these photos "new" to anyone ?

Post by Tito »

lmao!!!!!i like that paul!!!
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

I wonder if Randy`s amps went up to 11 the more stories i read the more i realise that SPinal Tap was EXACTLY what it was like on the road at that time!! .Apparently Saxon were an influence for the film too and i know that Jeff Beck walked out of the cinema when it was screened after Nigel Tufnel made an appearance hahahha!

But i wouldnt be surprised if the Randy era was also an influence on Spinal Tap.

I had to post this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xgx4k83zzc

The famous Nigel Tufnel 11 scene.
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Classic scene! And I think he's wearing a real cool shirt there too! :P

About 'eleven':
Just remember a quote from someone who was there when Ozzy, Randy and the band did a rehearsal, he said they didn't just play loud but instead they played ridiculous loud! It was really funny cause he couldn't hear any singing and only saw Ozzy's mouth moving!
(have to dig into my 'archive' to find that quote)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:Classic scene! And I think he's wearing a real cool shirt there too! :P

About 'eleven':
Just remember a quote from someone who was there when Ozzy, Randy and the band did a rehearsal, he said they didn't just play loud but instead they played ridiculous loud! It was really funny cause he couldn't hear any singing and only saw Ozzy's mouth moving!
(have to dig into my 'archive' to find that quote)
hahaha He says at the end of the film with the credits " this is my complete inner structure done in a t-shirt"
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

This looks new to me ...i'm not sure if this was cropped from a group shot from the same gig ???.
Attachments
Quiet Riot RR.jpg
(26.57 KiB) Not downloaded yet
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

mojopin70 wrote:I wonder if Randy`s amps went up to 11 the more stories i read the more i realise that SPinal Tap was EXACTLY what it was like on the road at that time!! .Apparently Saxon were an influence for the film too and i know that Jeff Beck walked out of the cinema when it was screened after Nigel Tufnel made an appearance hahahha!

But i wouldnt be surprised if the Randy era was also an influence on Spinal Tap.

The more times I see SPINAL TAP, the more I realize its genius at being a satire on heavy metal, and rock music in general. It's an absolutely brilliant movie, and so clever in its satire and jokes. I laugh each time I see the "Stonehenge" bit, and also the bit where the band is going over the albums near the beginning and reminiscing about drummers, and their "bizarre gardening accidents". ("Stumpy" Peeps, amongst others!). And the classic exchange (I'm paraphrasing):

Marty: "The critics summarized your album SHARK SANDWICH with a two word review: "shit sandwich".

Nigel: "Well, that's just nitpicking, isn't it?".

CLASSIC!

There's no way at least some of the humour isn't directed at Ozzy and Sabbath, respectively.
Lespauly
Cool Member

Post by Lespauly »

Very cool pics--Looks like the SG Randy maybe had tuning problems with--never heard of the amp but if you look on the floor Randy was pushing the amp with some kind of pedal
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:
mojopin70 wrote:I wonder if Randy`s amps went up to 11 the more stories i read the more i realise that SPinal Tap was EXACTLY what it was like on the road at that time!! .Apparently Saxon were an influence for the film too and i know that Jeff Beck walked out of the cinema when it was screened after Nigel Tufnel made an appearance hahahha!

The more times I see SPINAL TAP, the more I realize its genius at being a satire on heavy metal, and rock music in general. It's an absolutely brilliant movie, and so clever in its satire and jokes. I laugh each time I see the "Stonehenge" bit, and also the bit where the band is going over the albums near the beginning and reminiscing about drummers, and their "bizarre gardening accidents". ("Stumpy" Peeps, amongst others!). And the classic exchange (I'm paraphrasing):

Marty: "The critics summarized your album SHARK SANDWICH with a two word review: "shit sandwich".

CLASSIC!

There's no way at least some of the humour isn't directed at Ozzy and Sabbath, respectively.
Yeah for sure i even heard that Randy And Ozzy did a signing just like in the film and no one turned up except for one fan! ! I wonder if that was a direct influence??

CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

mojopin70 wrote:
CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:

CLASSIC!

Yeah for sure i even heard that Randy And Ozzy did a signing just like in the film and no one turned up except for one fan! ! I wonder if that was a direct influence??
I hadn't heard that! Wow, to be that one fan, huh?

It's actually kinda funny and sad at the same time. NO ONE had any faith in Ozzy after he exited Sabbath, but thanks to Randy, Bob, and Lee, as well as all the other talented folks he's worked with since....and yes, Sharon also, he prevailed. It's lucky he had such a strong network of people behind him.
stress2stress2
Cool Member

Post by stress2stress2 »

I can't remember ever seeing this. Anyone else?
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_eaxpFK4OHsY/S ... zy+dog.jpg
stress2stress2
Cool Member

Post by stress2stress2 »

stress2stress2
Cool Member

Post by stress2stress2 »