Cool Member

Re: Are these photos "new" to anyone ?

Post by Sepheratta »

That second pic is fabulous wow
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Stress... Some cool pics amongst those.. that one of DOTG taking as the band gather before leaving the stage i noticed it was signed by Ozzy. Cool pic any chance we can see the original or a bigger version ? Thanks...
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

mojopin70 wrote:
CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:
mojopin70 wrote:I wonder if Randy`s amps went up to 11 the more stories i read the more i realise that SPinal Tap was EXACTLY what it was like on the road at that time!! .Apparently Saxon were an influence for the film too and i know that Jeff Beck walked out of the cinema when it was screened after Nigel Tufnel made an appearance hahahha!

But i wouldnt be surprised if the Randy era was also an influence on Spinal Tap.

I had to post this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xgx4k83zzc

The famous Nigel Tufnel 11 scene.
The more times I see SPINAL TAP, the more I realize its genius at being a satire on heavy metal, and rock music in general. It's an absolutely brilliant movie, and so clever in its satire and jokes. I laugh each time I see the "Stonehenge" bit, and also the bit where the band is going over the albums near the beginning and reminiscing about drummers, and their "bizarre gardening accidents". ("Stumpy" Peeps, amongst others!). And the classic exchange (I'm paraphrasing):

Marty: "The critics summarized your album SHARK SANDWICH with a two word review: "shit sandwich".

Nigel: "Well, that's just nitpicking, isn't it?".

CLASSIC!

There's no way at least some of the humour isn't directed at Ozzy and Sabbath, respectively.
Yeah for sure i even heard that Randy And Ozzy did a signing just like in the film and no one turned up except for one fan! ! I wonder if that was a direct influence??
Yes the guy posted his story here on UR it was only about 1-2 months ago that i read it on one of the topics ill try and find it and post it.I thought no way that cant be true but it was that has to be the influence for the Tap scene.I read that the guy in Tap the producer or director followed Saxon on tour in the early eighties to get his material for the film.Guess who supported/opened shows for Saxon in the early eighties in the uk and europe?

Ozzy Osbournes Blizzard of Ozz! ( With Randy)
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
stress2stress2
Cool Member

Post by stress2stress2 »

GI, I stumbled on the DOTG shot while surfing. The link is all I have. So sorry. I have seen most of the DOTG shots and can't remember seeing that one. Just trying to share. Have a great holiday!
-Tim
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

No problems was the pic on a FB page or Ozzy related site. Hopefully i'd like to see an enlarged better photo of that one. Cheers for posting it up.
stress2stress2
Cool Member

Post by stress2stress2 »

It appears to have been an old ebay auction item. When I went back to find it, it was no longer there. Sorry mate. What you see is all I have on it. Is this a pic that has been circulated/seen? I can't place it in all of the DOTG shots that I've seen.

Cheers!
Tim
P C M
Cool Member

Post by P C M »

Not my pic. I got this off of Facebook.

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

That's a new one from the 1980 UK tour...Cheers for posting those up ;-)