1982 Tour Programme Question ??

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

1982 Tour Programme Question ??

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I have seen a tour programme from 1982 on ebay.(the item has been withdrawn) The description reads Ozzy Osbourne Japan programme "Rockupation tour 1982" was this programme unofficial/bootleg ? The cover has the same logo as the US American diary prog written in red and the cover has a picture of Ozzy in his red chain mail costume( not to be confused with the cover picture on the US Diary Prog from 81/82 this photo is different).I've only ever seen this item twice on ebay and i seen it at Ozzyhead among Mitch's collection of memorabilia.If any one has this book could you scan the pages and put them up.Does this book have a tribute page to Randy like the UK tour Speak of the Devil 1982 book has in the centre pages.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Hi GI

I owe you a few replies but I have been away and not got around to them yet! sorry :) .

I can't say that I am sure about this program, I would have thought they would have used the same program as they had used on the US 82 diary tour. The shows Ozzy did in Japan in July 82 were part of the Diary world tour 1981/82 although he played the same song set in Britain in December (with the addition of Sweet leaf) after he recorded the 'Speak' album, I always found it odd that he changed the set hugely for the rest of the 'Speak' tour in Europe and North America compared to the set in Britain.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: 1982 Tour Programme Question ??

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:I have seen a tour programme from 1982 on ebay. The description reads Ozzy Osbourne Japan programme "Rockupation tour 1982"
Hi Trig,
Yeah i thought you were being a bit of a closed shop!! If you could post them few emails up mate.I keep asking Skezza to do it but he's too involved with erotic art ME THINKS.......He's making a good name for himself he posted two lots of photos up the other day.He wants to watch his blood pressure. HA LOL..Getting back to the 'quote' it was the description of the tour that got me thinking Rockupation tour 1982 OK it was in Japan but ?????? ???? I want to see this programme as i think it is a mucho rarity.One i want to get me hands on....
deansolo
Cool Member

Post by deansolo »

I'll check my Diary tour program and get back to ya. :)
Cat's-Eye pedals now available at Vintage and Rare Guitars, London and Bath, United Kingdom

"Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?"

www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

deansolo wrote:I'll check my Diary tour program and get back to ya. :)
This isn't from the Diary tour this is the Speak/Talk of the Devil tour 82-83 i seen the same one on ebay as described above.So i thought nothing of it but as far as i know Ozzy didn't tour in Japan in 82 or 83 ????
deansolo
Cool Member

Post by deansolo »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
This isn't from the Diary tour this is the Speak/Talk of the Devil tour 82-83 i seen the same one on ebay as described above.So i thought nothing of it but as far as i know Ozzy didn't tour in Japan in 82 or 83 ????
Nevermind. :)
Cat's-Eye pedals now available at Vintage and Rare Guitars, London and Bath, United Kingdom

"Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?"

www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
I have 3 Japanese shows in my collection from July 82 in Japan, The interesting thing being that Ozzy brought 'No bone movies' back into the set for the last time with Brad. Also Brad is the only other guitarist to play the song 'No Bone Movies' other than Randy.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Trigger wrote:I have 3 Japanese shows in my collection from July 82 in Japan, The interesting thing being that Ozzy brought 'No bone movies' back into the set for the last time with Brad. Also Brad is the only other guitarist to play the song 'No Bone Movies' other than Randy.
Trigger i have noticed gaps in the tour i get my old tour dates info from Ozzyhead it must be missing the Japan tour my mistake :oops:
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

The above photo is the front cover of the mentioned programme.The 1982 Speak/Talk of the Devil Japanese tour programme,does anyone know if this book has a tribute section of Randy.The UK book had a double page dedicated to RR.If anyone has this book could you post the pages up Please Cheers
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I seen the Japanese programme mentioned, on ebay again,but the guy selling this states that it's from the diary tour ?? They didn't play in Japan for the Diary tour.? Did they.? Or could this of been printed for the tour then cancelled ?.I always got it in to my head that this was for the Speak/Talk of the Devil tour.Does anyone have this book ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :ONA:UK:11
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

They played in Japan on the 'Diary' tour in July with Brad Gillis, the odd thing about this Japanese leg of the tour was that they added 'No bone movies' and a KB solo. I have 3 shows from the Japanese leg of the tour and I have noticeed that when Ozzy is in Japan he adds songs or solo's I imagine to fill the show-out to cover his lack of speaking between songs.

I just re-read the thread and noticed I mentioned this before :lol: never mind I have written it now!
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I don't know what i'm thinking im saying in my head that after Randy died the Diary tour stopped !! It didn't it carried on,im associating Brad Gillis with the Speak/Talk of the Devil tour...
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:I don't know what i'm thinking im saying in my head that after Randy died the Diary tour stopped !! It didn't it carried on,im associating Brad Gillis with the Speak/Talk of the Devil tour...
When the 'Speak' tour started with Brad they played 7 shows in Britain that were the same song set as the 'Diary' tour but with the addition of the song 'Sweet leaf'. After the 7 British shows Jake E Lee joined the band and the set list changed totaly and they added War Pigs and Faries wear boots. On the early shows Jake wasn't calling himself Jake E Lee he was using his real name Jakey Lou williams.