How Randy Rhoads' Third Album Would Have Sounded

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Stiltzkin

Re: How Randy Rhoads' Third Album Would Have Sounded

Post by Stiltzkin »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Well how many bands solo artists have a first class debut album.
Michael Schenker :!:
kamalayka
Cool Member

Post by kamalayka »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:
stress2stress2 wrote:From Oz in 1987:

Well, before he died, I distinctly remember we played in Knoxville, TN and he was just working on this new idea and it was so revolutionary, but we never recorded any of it. It was just on the threshold of coming out with this new dimension which would have…I know for a fact, because I go by my feelings. I go by my hairs on my arms and my hairs on my arms stand up. When anybody can do that to me, throughout my career, that’s a God-given gift when that does that to me. I think I’m a lot like the conductor that can go, “Yeah, that’s good. That makes me feel funny inside and so I’m passing it on.” And Randy was doing that every single day at soundcheck. It wasn’t like a guitar solo, it wasn’t like a guitar. It was like this new revolutionary idea which I’m damned if I knew what it was about. It was more like a sound effect kind of thing. I don’t know. It’s really hard to explain because I’m not a musician, but I was thinking, “God the next album is gonna be so amazing.” “
I remember reading a very simular interview and there Ozzy was telling that Randy was bouncing chords with a echo machine that would have sounded amazing.
Like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2WRGVJLZu0
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

kamalayka wrote:
The Flying Dutchman wrote:I remember reading a very similar interview and there Ozzy was telling that Randy was bouncing chords with a echo machine that would have sounded amazing.
Like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2WRGVJLZu0
No, he said it would have sounded amazing :lol: :lol: (just kidding)

Randy was doing volume swells like Ed's Cathedral back in the Quiet Riot days, so I would think that by the beginning of 82 he'd have been doing something more than that... who knows.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

I think they would have recorded the band jam that was used on the Diary tour. I think that would have been a very popular song to play at sporting events like crazy train or other songs you usually here. Every time i listen to it i can just imagine it being played at a sporting event/stadium.
magicvoice

Post by magicvoice »

think about this...the 3rd album is "speak of the devil" with or without Randy...that album frees "everbody" from Jet records...including Randy...as badly as he wanted outta that band you really think finaly being set free from the Osbourne camp and any kinda of potential lawsuits for breach of contract or whatnot he would've signed "another" contract with them?...I don't believe he would've...I truly believe the only Randy/Ozzy collaborations that would exist is what we possess today....made my peace on this subject a long time ago.