Randy Rhoads Seminar

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

mojopin70
Mass Poster

Randy Rhoads Seminar

Post by mojopin70 »

This popped up as an update on Facebook i know many have heard it before but, it is nice to hear it again what a top bloke Randy Rhoads was....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xcj3qvGyH3w
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
Elvira
Cool Member

Re: Randy Rhoads Seminar

Post by Elvira »

Oh He started playing "Malagueña"! A very famous song from my city, Málaga! Cool!! ;)
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

Elvira wrote:Oh He started playing "Malagueña"! A very famous song from my city, Málaga! Cool!! ;)

Yes it was the first song i learnt to play too! i think there are several different versions of it though.... :)
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Post by randy will never die »

I REMBER listen to this and got really mad because some dude in the audio told randy what he was doing is creating pulm muting harmonics or something like that

The dude had NO IDEA WHAT HE WAS TALKING ABOUT

Good to hear this again thanks
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

randy will never die wrote:I REMBER listen to this and got really mad because some dude in the audio told randy what he was doing is creating pulm muting harmonics or something like that

That 'false harmonic' thing is really hilarious! :P

(at about 3:50 in Part 2 )
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Elvira
Cool Member

Post by Elvira »

mojopin70 wrote:
Elvira wrote:Oh He started playing "Malagueña"! A very famous song from my city, Málaga! Cool!! ;)

Yes it was the first song i learnt to play too! i think there are several different versions of it though.... :)
Well I think there are two differents songs, one is a Spanish song "Malagueña" and another is a Mexican song called "Malagueña Salerosa".

Here is "Malagueña salerosa" played by the maestro Paco de Lucía:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fFOmwI1Oyg

And here "Malagueña":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTXa6FFnPI0
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

randy will never die wrote:I REMBER listen to this and got really mad because some dude in the audio told randy what he was doing is creating pulm muting harmonics or something like that

Good to hear this again thanks

The false harmonic thing? yes its really funny but can you see how kind he was he just went along with it ....

mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

Elvira wrote:
mojopin70 wrote:

Well I think there are two differents songs, one is a Spanish song "Malagueña" and another is a Mexican song called "Malagueña Salerosa".

Here is "Malagueña salerosa" played by the maestro Paco de Lucía:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fFOmwI1Oyg

And here "Malagueña":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTXa6FFnPI0

oh thanks for that i always got confused by which one was Malaguena , its an old traditional Spanish folk song right?

Elvira
Cool Member

Post by Elvira »

Oh yes its an old traditional Spanish song, and there is a dance with the song too. I remember dancing it when I was a little child hehehehe. The title is refereded to the women´s from Málaga.

So do you play the first or the second one? I wonder wich one Randy was talking about.
Elvira
Cool Member

Post by Elvira »

Oh yes its an old traditional Spanish song, and there is a dance with the song too. I remember dancing it when I was a little child hehehehe. The title is refereded to the women´s from Málaga.

So do you play the first or the second one? I wonder wich one Randy was talking about.
Elvira
Cool Member

Post by Elvira »

Doble post sorry!
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

Elvira wrote:Oh yes its an old traditional Spanish song, and there is a dance with the song too. I remember dancing it when I was a little child hehehehe. The title is refereded to the women´s from Málaga.

AH yes! its the second one! The second one is definitely the one i first saw years ago in a guitar book....

I will try and post a video of the way i play it on you tube.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4p9UrlpfMM

Elvira
Cool Member

Post by Elvira »

Bravo Mojopin! I would like to play like you but I´m on guitar´s first steps, learning the very basics things hehehehe. Wish I could play like you someday!
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Mojo! Very nice... now I'm going to have to go and learn this song.

Found a pretty good lesson here, Elvira, if you want to give it a shot.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

Elvira wrote:Bravo Mojopin! I would like to play like you but I´m on guitar´s first steps, learning the very basics things hehehehe. Wish I could play like you someday!

Thank you...