New -: Bob & Lee interview 2013

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Re: New -: Bob & Lee interview 2013

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Sky wrote:So many 'looks' based comments, mostly from the land where plastic surgery rules and 'celebrity' is worshipped more than talent, so I'm not surprised.
For the record I thought they looked (and sounded) great.

As for 'celebrity' is worshiped more than talent, is that the States or Britain or every other place on earth? Talented people who don't have the 'look', how often do we hear about them? Not intending to argue, Sky, just sayin' that, especially in rock music, image has always been important, equal to the music.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Troy it was the comment after Lee 'Kurtslake' announcement, Lee says the 'Burito brothers' the interviewer says something about being down the pub. Then Lee clams up... Great interview it could of been rehearsed a wee bit before the camera started rolling. But for an impromptu interview it comes across well. I love the 'shut up dig' Bob passes to Lee..
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
Sky wrote:So many 'looks' based comments, mostly from the land where plastic surgery rules and 'celebrity' is worshipped more than talent, so I'm not surprised.
For the record I thought they looked (and sounded) great.

As for 'celebrity' is worshiped more than talent, is that the States or Britain or every other place on earth? Talented people who don't have the 'look', how often do we hear about them? Not intending to argue, Sky, just sayin' that, especially in rock music, image has always been important, equal to the music.
I've only ever been interested in music that sounds good Paul, Rock or other genres. 'Image' is contrived and, in my opinion, it gets pretty boring until someone breaks the mould, be it in music or elsewhere. Adele is doing okay for someone who looked different. Mick Jagger and Rod Stewart were never great lookers and they've stood the test of time.
Maybe only my jaw dropped when Fortress seemed surprised that Lee, who's 66, looks old.
Yeah, I think probably the US and Britain are more into celebrity than talent these days, I think it's sad and I hope it changes soon, but I won't hold my breath.
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Troy it was the comment after Lee 'Kurtslake' announcement, Lee says the 'Burito brothers' the interviewer says something about being down the pub. Then Lee clams up... Great interview it could of been rehearsed a wee bit before the camera started rolling. But for an impromptu interview it comes across well. I love the 'shut up dig' Bob passes to Lee..
Well there was a pub next door, but Lee didn't go in there, I did though..:-)
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

Image might be important but only to a certain degree. I'm sure glad it doesn't count for too much, let's face it, there's more than a few very 'average' looking musicians, past and present.
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Sky wrote: They weren't at the book signing to talk about a woman who pays a fortune to ensure that she's never out of the limelight, they were there to meet the many fans who were waiting outside for the interview to end so that their books and memorabilia could be signed.
Where was this book signing at? Does anyone know if anymore are planned.
You can't kill Rock 'n Roll
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Gaz it was a one off book signing and Bob came to Chelsea London signed the pre ordered books and did the interview. Did a bit of promo for the book and went back to Oz.
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Gaz it was a one off book signing and Bob came to Chelsea London signed the pre ordered books and did the interview. Did a bit of promo for the book and went back to Oz.
Shit! I would certainly have travelled a bit to meet these two.
You can't kill Rock 'n Roll
RRfan4eveRR

Post by RRfan4eveRR »

Please, let's not forget that those surprised by how "old" Bob or Lee appeared are still in their teens, if I'm not mistaken (and I also think that English is a second language for at least one of them). I remember being young and was easily shocked that some of the musicians that I admired were or are older than my grandfather and 30 was incomprehensible too!! LOL!

Thanks for the link- I could see myself throwing back a few pints with those two!! I can definitely see that they had a large part in helping Randy make the transition from laid back to professional musician, tho Randy had already cut some teeth in the studio on his own.
I don't have a short attention span I
fortress
Madman

Post by fortress »

What kind of crap im reading.. Im not a teen and Lee look old. You never been surprised by someone telling you he his 66 and you tough he was only 50??? Some people appear older than they are or younger.. The only pictures i saw of Lee all theses years was when he was with Ozzy. Seeing him now was a shock. Yes he look older than some other people at the same age. Bill Ward look younger!
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

fortress wrote:What kind of crap im reading.. Im not a teen and Lee look old. You never been surprised by someone telling you he his 66 and you tough he was only 50??? Some people appear older than they are or younger.. The only pictures i saw of Lee all theses years was when he was with Ozzy. Seeing him now was a shock. Yes he look older than some other people at the same age. Bill Ward look younger!

If you hadnt seen Lee since Ozzy days yes its quite a change , what i like about Lee is what a down to earth gentle guy he is which completely contradicts SHaron`s view that Bob and Lee bullied Randy and that he didnt like them.

I had never heard Bob or Lee speak before together in an interview and certainly never about the things that had gone down people need to see more Bob and Lee interviews because any normal person with a brain can see they are not the way Sharon portrayed them to be .
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.