Randy Rhoads by Wolf Marshall

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Stiltzkin

Re: Randy Rhoads by Wolf Marshall

Post by Stiltzkin »

I think I've heard this one before :)
Wolfs work hasn't disappointed me so far :)
shawn
Cool Member

Post by shawn »

Ive had that book since I was a teenager, never knew there was a tape that went with it. My book is well worn but still intact.

Tried the link that was provided for the tape download but it was an exe file unfortunately.
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

That was a cool book! Don´t remember much about the tape, but the book itself was good. I think Wolf Marshall also did some kinda Michael Schenker-book along the same lines or something... At least I had old copies of some book with Wolf´s transcription of some UFO-songs etc. :mrgreen:
Mikel
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I haven't looked at this (or listened to it) since the 80's... since I'm an unemployed bum, it looks like Friday will be devoted to listening and playing through this book. Thanks for bringing it to my attention Mojo.

By they way, I'd like to re-visit your original question:
mojopin70 wrote:Could anyone explain why this thin book is worth 143 pounds today? i dont get it.....
I clicked on the link and found it curious that they have 6 new copies from £142.94 but will only give you £2.77 on a gift card to trade in your copy so they can sell it for their used price of £61+
Attachments
curious rr.JPG
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

Weird i downloaded it from this link i entered the two words to enable download and its a RAR file and i unzipped it and all the mp3s were inside ill upload my version to another source sorry about that whoever had trouble, i would never send people to a false link/ exe / virus...
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

Very cool. I forgot about this. There is an arpeggio exercise that was on a student lesson tape that wolf uses. Wolf does a good job of playing and sounding like Randy and this was mid eighties? I got to get them in the right order and burn 'em to cd.
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

Thank you!
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

shawn wrote:Ive had that book since I was a teenager, never knew there was a tape that went with it. My book is well worn but still intact.

Tried the link that was provided for the tape download but it was an exe file unfortunately.

Yes i tried it again and it worked however just for you i uploaded my Tape to this link and it definitely works!!

http://ge.tt/3JIV7Ct/v/0
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
shawn
Cool Member

Post by shawn »

mojopin70 wrote:
shawn wrote:Ive had that book since I was a teenager, never knew there was a tape that went with it. My book is well worn but still intact.

Yes i tried it again and it worked however just for you i uploaded my Tape to this link and it definitely works!!

http://ge.tt/3JIV7Ct/v/0
Thank you very much for that mojo.

This is the book that I learnt the SATO solo from. I remember back in the day a friend had another Randy tab book and we went through picking out the improper note choices from the transcribers, this book was the closest to the recordings we had. SATO is my favourite solo to play and this thread brought back some great memories cheers.