Klein and Margolis

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

mojopin70
Mass Poster

Klein and Margolis

Post by mojopin70 »

I expect many of you have seen this and there is nothing new there.

http://www.rockmusicstar.com/randyrhoad ... -book.html

However imo two things that are interesting one is disturbing is that Klein says he used to call Delores Rhoads every sunday around 1982/83 after Randys death even though he never knew Randy Rhoads or the family , that means he went out of his way to find the number in the phone book and call the family on a regular basis? .This to me even though he may have been young seems that his obsessive behaviour was only just beginning .

When he got older he went on to release an unauthorised book and try to sell it for 100 dollars! and even acquired the accident photos of Rhoads`s corpse without the consent of the family and also sent threatening messages to Bob Daisley who played and wrote on the original recordings . I honestly think people like Klein were not used to hearing the word " No" and its funny that his obsession has now turned around and bitten him on the arse , i dont think i would be able to show my face again if it were me.

Not only that it appears the Margolis also was equally as obsessive to the point of having sex with Randy Rhoads`s ex girlfriend and wearing RR rings - how fucking creepy is that? argh!

I understand why any fan or ex student would want to do something good to keep Randys memory alive but ffs what a M E S S.
The poor soul must be spinning in his grave so much so that hes dropped another 100 ft !

The second thing is the live video recording of the band shot in black and white in 81 and that he claims it was professionally shot -ive read about this before.Can anyone verify this? and is it ever going to be released ?

I dont think i would find a black and white recording from 81 that exciting for a start unless it was cleaned up and had the colour and audio edited.The after hours recordings have been cleaned up as best as possible and i cant see it being that quality ?
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Re: Klein and Margolis

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Sounds like the film from the Capitol Center (or something along those lines) where they filmed every band that came through. It'll never see the light of day.

Want to know what the Osbournes have? Get Zakk drunk and ask him, if they have it, he's seen it.
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

Paul Wolfe wrote:Sounds like the film from the Capitol Center (or something along those lines) where they filmed every band that came through. It'll never see the light of day.

Want to know what the Osbournes have? Get Zakk drunk and ask him, if they have it, he's seen it.
Might be tough. Ol' Zakk's liver is pretty much pickled, sadly. I read somewhere that further drinking could be bad news for him. I'm sure he would answer if someone asked him, though. Or maybe not. Who knows?

I don't buy that the O's don't have anything else either. Once again, though, I think it's down to what the family (well, his Mom anyway) wants, and you have to respect that. The O's have been surprisingly compliant with what the family wants. Just a guess, but I think this is the case.
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

and even acquired the accident photos of Rhoads`s corpse without the consent of the family and also sent threatening messages to Bob Daisley who played and wrote on the original recordings ."

fanatic perhaps?Medication for ocd and a restraining order might knock some sense into this weirdo...Talk about a lack of class-and is it any surprise the family doesnt support the book and why he doesnt explain that.God,he was calling them and visiting them and pretty intimate with them and then he tries to get the autopsy photos.Scumbag backstabber.
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Just wanted to stir the pot a bit... this is from the 2009 thread here
Film Producer wrote:Please note that the legalities involved here are regarding the distribution of this material. Romeo Rose was not given the right to share this trailer, nor was Ultimate Rhoads given the right to post it on the internet, let alone brand it as an "Ultimate Rhoads Exclusive". As the Producer of this film, I have halted production of this project indefinitely. i'm sorry that some people felt the need to destroy this for the rest of you.
Peter Margolis blamed Romeo Rose AND Ultimate Rhoads for the demise of his documentary. If you notice, though, he says he halted production indefinitely, not that Randy's family or the Osbournes halted it. I remember at the time thinking that he got caught with his pants down, so to speak, and halted things because he didn't want to get his thing slapped.

If you read through this thread and this one, you can see how UR turned on Romeo when Peter Margolis came here and started threatening people. At the same time RR.US started banning people left, right and center... those who were around at the time will remember the incessant drama.

I bring it up, because it's easy to remember some of the things from that time, but not all. For instance, Romeo was seen as a hero who delivered the "truth" until Margolis threatened to pull the plug. Then Romeo was the 'root-of-all-evil' for delivering the trailer. There are some fickle members here who will switch sides with the wind. Having negative feelings towards Romeo Rose should be based on ALL of the facts, not bits and pieces hand-picked to make him look a certain way.

This is the Internet, it's not difficult to spin 'facts' on anyone and make them look like 'the enemy'.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Anyone remember this:
idiotic lies.JPG
Anyone ever get the legal paperwork?
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

haha What a tool Margolis is.....thats not the REAL reason surely!? ......It was probably after Bob said " sling yer hook" after they sent threats to him about " shit storms raining down on him"

Theres no fucking way on earth im going to believe that because one guy "leaked" a trailer to his poorly produced video his production was " halted" f.o and blame someone else....

Im waiting for the shit storm to rain down after his book is " halted" from being produced and sold at extortionate prices!

And its not the book i have the problem with or even the content so much its these two weirdos behind it remember Kevin Dubrow warned Bob Daisley about them beforehand although i heard there is inaccurate information about Clearwell where they did pre production with Lee and also as far as i know nothing about writing the albums how the songs came together , how they started- poor journalism.....

Give Rose a break i say he seems harmless and is just a scape goat for Margoloser and Clit.
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
shawn
Cool Member

Post by shawn »

Paul Wolfe wrote: Having negative feelings towards Romeo Rose should be based on ALL of the facts, not bits and pieces hand-picked to make him look a certain way.

This is the Internet, it's not difficult to spin 'facts' on anyone and make them look like 'the enemy'.
I remember romeo rose from when he first came into the community. The guy was an ass hat all most from the get go.

I get that you like to root for the under dog, I get that you may wish to give everyone a fair go. These are all admirable qualities Paul.

Lets face the facts though, romeo did some stupid shit, some really stupid shit, as many other people did at the time. I'm not just talking about the documentary trailer either. There are several threads that are not available anymore that show just how far gone mentally he was at the time. He was dangerous back then I believe because he was not all there, it is possible that he still could be.

I realise that people do change though, I also believe in giving people a second chance. It is up to the person being given a second chance to prove themselves though. His reemergence on this board,in the manner he did the other day, was not exactly that of a person that has changed.

You can not blame other people for seeing him as a wanker, he most definitely was back then.

Let him own his mistakes, so he can learn from them. Then let him prove himself to be a changed man.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Yes Shawn, he did do some stupid shit. However, it all started after Peter Margolis threatened legal action against "anyone who viewed the trailer" and people hear panicked and began attacking Romeo. Immediately upon being attacked he jumped off the deep end as far as his responses to those who were negative towards him.

Go back and look at the threads. That's why I posted some links, those who weren't here or don't remember can go back and look. I can pull up quotes from those in charge here saying positive things about Romeo and then negative things after the Margolis posts.

None of this forgives him for his behavior in the past. Things did get bad, BUT it's been ages and he did come here to offer information people didn't have. He did not deserve to be attacked to the extent which he was attacked here.

As for the other sites and his dating preferences, etc... that's none of our business in my opinion.

As always, though, you each have the right to your own opinions. This is simply mine.
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

I remember thinking he (Romeo) ruined the doc and acting goofy but if you read Kelly's book, putting out the trailer, which Romeo got from a couple Dakota "defectors" was key in exposing Peter as a fraud. It had Dakota films on the trailer and according to Kelly they needed to announce they were filming so, contacts/unions could get paid. I guess Peter had not had his ducks in line and it was also rumored this was a scam designed to get close to the people that Randy knew and he would get interviews and pictures and end up releasing a book or two.
rhoads56
Cool Member

Post by rhoads56 »

hansolo wrote:I remember thinking he (Romeo) ruined the doc and acting goofy but if you read Kelly's book, putting out the trailer, which Romeo got from a couple Dakota "defectors" was key in exposing Peter as a fraud. It had Dakota films on the trailer and according to Kelly they needed to announce they were filming so, contacts/unions could get paid. I guess Peter had not had his ducks in line and it was also rumored this was a scam designed to get close to the people that Randy knew and he would get interviews and pictures and end up releasing a book or two.
This is totally different to what Kelly told me, face to face. He told me, Romeo promised footage in exchange for the trailer, and it was sent by Peter (or his assistant, he said both). There were three people with me that heard it exactly like I did.

He also said at the same time, that the Rhoads family had final say and were not impressed with the way things were shaping up, and they were never going to let it be released. Six weeks prior, everything was rosy and they were planning dates for a premier.

A week later after telling me this, Kelly flew to meet Romeo and filmed a song with him.