' The Grail ' contents...

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Re: ' The Grail ' contents...

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Troy, "HanSolo" is just a precocious little twat who only wants to pick fights here. He's obviously not very bright based on the wording of his post - anyone should understand the copyright infringement.

This is the kind of crap that takes place here when there is no one to moderate and say, "Solo, if you are only here to stir up arguments, then we don't want you here." All in the name of "free speech," right?
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

Paul Wolfe wrote:Troy, "HanSolo" is just a precocious little twat who only wants to pick fights here. He's obviously not very bright based on the wording of his post - anyone should understand the copyright infringement.

This is the kind of crap that takes place here when there is no one to moderate and say, "Solo, if you are only here to stir up arguments, then we don't want you here." All in the name of "free speech," right?

He does get on my tits......
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

hansolo wrote:Question. If one bought a Bob Daisley book called "For facts sake" and resold it on say an ebay type of place, is one liable for copyright infringement for showing pictures and text of said book? A friend received an email from a one bobdaisleyshop Location: Victoria, Australia with 0 feedback since 2010. It read and I quote;
"Please be aware that you have breached Copyright Law by
displaying Bob Daisley's photographs and text from his book 'For Facts
Sake' in your eBay 'advertisement', and this has been reported.
You have also ripped-off one of Bob Daisley's fans with your
over-inflated price of $ for a second-hand book, and you've
prevented Bob from benefitting from the sale of a book that took
several years of hard work to bring to fruition. Since late September
the price of a new copy of 'For Facts Sake' + shipping from the UK to
the US has been $50, so your deceptive advertisement which states
that the book is 'rare' when it's readily available from his site, is
unjustifiable."

It really changes my opinion of Bob from a humble guy to someone more bitter. I believe it was Bob himself. Look at the location. I don't blame him looking out for no. 1 but my friend is just a small time unemployed seller. If he had sold more than one or reprinted, etc., I get it. Nobody wants to hurt Bob's sales but how is it not like Amazon? Buyer beware? Who cares what he sold the book for or if he showed pics? Any opinions? Isn't there a couple of lawyers here?

Youve just taken an e-beatdown.
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

I guess when you buy a book you must be under Troy's rules huh? If someone sold the book for $50-65 it has to be ripping someone off, huh? Sorry but in America it's called capitalism. We have different rules here. Hey Ace, are you still stirring up the hate? That is what you are best at. Eb is the same as E? Too bad that your hate didn't concern eBay at all because they didn't see any wrong doing. Once they bought the book it was their book. They can sell it for any price that they can get for it. According to you Acehole, I just want to start fights but he loves to start crap. Ask yourselves, if I buy a product (book) do I not have the right to sell it? Am I not allowed to show the pages in the book? Apparently, American people would rather buy from Americans than deal with Europeans. That's too bad but what can you do? Hey Troy, piss off! Don't make me sick Sharon all over your ass! Get back in your hole, bitch.
shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

Sheriff Wolfe..... making friends and influencing people.
This isn't the first time you have blown a gasket here Paul.
You should try and get a handle on that. Seriously.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Amazon sells millions of books, but only those ok'd by the publisher show any pages, (their "Look Inside! feature).
Usually that line you hear during ballgames and such: "...any reproduction without written consent from producer/publisher.
Sure, once you buy something, it's your property to do with as you wish, but I suppose in this day and age folks have to be careful in how they present the advertising of their property.
I'm guessing a photo of Rhoads was used to sell the book?
Your buddies took a chance and got caught. Tough shit for them, I guess.
Not that you care what I have to say, but check your behavior, Han, it's embarrassing.
It's also lousy that no one really bothers to keep this sort of foolishness in check. Another reason I post seldom.
~T,
(aka "whoopiecunt")
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

What ever. Is this what you you would deal with?
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

hansolo wrote:I guess when you buy a book you must be under Troy's rules huh? If someone sold the book for $50-65 it has to be ripping someone off, huh? Sorry but in America it's called capitalism. We have different rules here. Hey Ace, are you still stirring up the hate? That is what you are best at. Eb is the same as E? Too bad that your hate didn't concern eBay at all because they didn't see any wrong doing. Once they bought the book it was their book. They can sell it for any price that they can get for it. According to you Acehole, I just want to start fights but he loves to start crap. Ask yourselves, if I buy a product (book) do I not have the right to sell it? Am I not allowed to show the pages in the book? Apparently, American people would rather buy from Americans than deal with Europeans. That's too bad but what can you do? Hey Troy, piss off! Don't make me sick Sharon all over your ass! Get back in your hole, bitch.
Hansolo, your 'friend' apologised for for his/her ignorance but you wave yours like a fuckin' flag.
Am I not allowed to show the pages in the book?
NO, YOU'RE NOT!!! Copyright Law applies in the US as well as in Europe, and you're a moron if you think you've done your friend a favour by posting this business on a forum.
"HanSolo" is just a precocious little twat who only wants to pick fights here.
Sure looks like it, Paul.
I'm guessing a photo of Rhoads was used to sell the book?
Tom, Not just one photo of Randy, several pages of Bob's photos & text were used to sell this second-hand book.
I don't have a problem with sellers making a profit on eBay or anywhere else, but it's wrong to deliberately deceive buyers with false advertising, and to openly disregard copyright law is dumb!
Troy
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

Every photo on this site with the exception of those donated by the shooter themselves has the same 'rights' attached to it as Bob's do.

We have isolated Blizzard tracks advertised here. Separated masters 'ripped' out of Rockband.
Do you think Sony is happy about that?

How many Ross Halfin photos are floating around the internet.... with the freaking watermark on them!

I see the Blizzard tour books for sale on EBay with all pages displayed. How is Bob's book different?

Mercy.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

I figured as much, Troy...and I agree it is dumb, the front cover gets it all done: Image of a guy playing the bass guitar, must be Bob Daisley, as his name is right there. Surrounding this image are names of notable artists and bands in the hard rock genre, which would lead me to surmise that this must be a book concerning this man's life and career in music?
The addition of images and text from within was superfluous and frankly, chum in the water, hoping to drive the bidding up. Like I said, they got caught.
For the record, the additional copy I received was shipped to a buddy who visits these forums and elsewhere. Not saying anything other than I made the choice to pay my gift forward as a thanks to someone who selflessly shared with me in a similar manner a short while back.
My original may be defective to some, but I see it as having it's own unique charm: "The pages literally fly out at you!" It will travel from the shelf to the chair.
I've the good fortune of having mine signed by the hammer and the anvil of the Blizzard for fuck's sake! :twisted:

~T.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

hansolo wrote:I guess when you buy a book you must be under Troy's rules huh? If someone sold the book for $50-65 it has to be ripping someone off, huh? Sorry but in America it's called capitalism. We have different rules here. Hey Ace, are you still stirring up the hate? That is what you are best at. Eb is the same as E? Too bad that your hate didn't concern eBay at all because they didn't see any wrong doing. Once they bought the book it was their book. They can sell it for any price that they can get for it. According to you Acehole, I just want to start fights but he loves to start crap. Ask yourselves, if I buy a product (book) do I not have the right to sell it? Am I not allowed to show the pages in the book? Apparently, American people would rather buy from Americans than deal with Europeans. That's too bad but what can you do? Hey Troy, piss off! Don't make me sick Sharon all over your ass! Get back in your hole, bitch.

Why are you so cynical? why the xenophobic attitude ? whats wrong with making friends ? ive made one or two since i joined this site i think its good and i couldnt give a shit what nationality they are. But please dont give me a reason to call you a loud yank cunt.

whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Uh-oh, Cred is here to weigh in on the situation...
Lots of unauthorized repros of everything and anything on the net these days, if the publisher of a particular item were contacted about a possible breach, said publisher has the option of taking action.
This particular publisher did take action, as the seller was in the wrong.
The seller did have the option of contacting the seller for permission to include images of the book's contents to aid in their auction, but they chose not to, they got their titties hammered. Next.
If I were in the same situation, I'd find a stock photo of the cover and use that in the listing.

~T.
shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

Thanks Whoopie. Your the King.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Nah, I'm just another fan. What shall we call you? Didn't you have a working relationship with Mr. Daisley at one point, and have a falling out?
Correct me if I'm wrong here...
If you're that guy, then you should avoid conversations like these, as you come equipped with a grudge and come off like a jilted girlfriend.
If you want to present your end of it, by all means...it seems like there is a prejudice lurking here toward folks who are a fan of Bob and have no problem speaking up in his defense.
Folks have come here over the years who have a connection to Rhoads. Some have been kind and generous, others have shown to be not what they appeared to be as time passed.
After a period of time, the attitude of this place seems to turn against these people, irregardless of their intent. This site is a very big reason those of celebrity don't come around anymore.
TK was too strict, perhaps, but at least there was some sense of order there. VIPs were treated as such, and assholery was stomped on.
Troy has the thankless job of being Bob's representative to the "fans" here.
At this stage, I believe Bob has seen for himself how the Rhoads community behaves, and it's fucking embarrassing to me that the man himself isn't able to come here, as we all know how that will end.
If I'm a king, then consider me in exile from this place, as it certainly has a pox upon it.
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

So Troy, you hang out on ebay for 4 years and not buy or sell anything? Are you just watching? :shock: What are you watching for? Are you the Australian Batman? I may have overreacted in a post or two but I did come here to ask a question. When I did, many got pile-on-boners because some of the members obviously are too hen-pecked to speak their minds and lashed out like school children after the teacher came back in the room. Seeking their approval. We also found out sky is a buddy of Bob's who surfs ebay and forums like this. Endlessly sifting through the past to find someone to threaten, apparently. Anybody looking for a copy of "For Bobs sake?" I have no use for it. I can't show you pictures though. Just PM me.