Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

rokket
Madman

Re: ' The Grail ' contents...

Post by rokket »

Sky wrote:
Isodee wrote:
Sky wrote:If you'd read Bob's book you'd know exactly what he wanted in return for the grail - To retain control over how the tapes were edited, no lump sum but he asked a 2% royalty i.e. TWO percent from the profit of sales of the box set and the Osbournes would retain 98% of the profits. Greed?
The same 2% performance royalty Bob & Lee never received on BOO & DOAM and went to court twice, right? And on second time the case was dismissed because it had gone cold so to speak.

I'm not defending the Osbournes but don't you think they feared the possibility of getting sued again in case they admitted to pay Bob & Lee their royalties this time? Wouldn't that give Bob & Lee grounds for a new trial? That's why I understand them offering a lump sum altho I have no idea how much they offered to pay. Probably peanuts. :roll:
Yes, Bob asked for two percent for that reason, and he made it clear that he wouldn't ask for any back royalties, he said that it would only apply to ongoing sales of the box set. If he'd accepted a lump sum buy-out they would have got control of the tapes. Most people have seen the coffee table book, where's the photos of Bob and Lee? Can you imagine what Sharon would do to those tapes? And yeah, she did offer peanuts.
If Sharon got hold of them, she'd probably make sure they never see the light of day, or worse, destroy them.
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

They we referring to editing the tapes so it was just Ozzy and Randy that you would hear. Sharon would never destroy that carrot. Isn't it obvious to everyone who knows who Ozzy Osbourne that he can't write music by himself? He can sing, come up with a melody but he's not the brightest bulb, is he? I thought that's how she has been marketing him for the last 30+ years? The regular guy. Ozzy says some kid comes up and asks what kind of guitar he has and he explains he doesn't play. Who doesn't know that? It was a story because it probably happened only once! I don't know what Sharon would be worried about hiding. Hasn't that closet already been opened? Don't we know all the bad stuff but here we are.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Sky wrote:And yeah, she did offer peanuts.
Not trying to antagonize here, but "peanuts" is not a monetary exchange. People love to use terms like that to insinuate a small amount of money without actually saying anything. I get it, there are legal issues between Bob and the Osbournes. That should be a private affair and we don't need to know the particulars.

What I'm getting at is '2%' and '98%' mean nothing unless you have a number to apply it to. Two percent of $15,000 dollars for example is $300... 2% of $500,000 is $10,000. So asking for 2% of the profit is not asking a lot, but if the thing sells well he'd stand to gain a fair amount. Not as much as the Osbournes, but still a respectable amount (as compared to an obscene amount).

Ultimately, Bob has a figure in his head as to what he feels his tapes are worth. I assume he was offered far less than that figure. In addition, he doesn't want to give up ownership of the tapes he made. They are a part of his personal history, that is a respectable condition as well.

In the end, not one fan (who ultimately paid the salaries of Ozzy, Randy, Bob & Lee by paying for the records and the concerts, et al) will ever get to hear any of this stuff unless they travel to Australia and visit Bob at his home (and even then probably wouldn't get to hear the stuff). So for all intents and purposes, it doesn't exist.

shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

So in conclusion, no one can really put a dollar figure to the value of the Grail tapes.
Some are suggesting a percentage of an undetermined sum.
The fact of the matter is there is only one potential buyer - the Osbournes.

So hold out and wait for a better deal, I guess.
Last edited by shred1 on Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RRforeveRR

Post by RRforeveRR »

Am I the only one flabbergasted by the size of the nuts that Paul posted? Impressive, my friend!
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

RRforeveRR wrote:Am I the only one flabbergasted by the size of the nuts that Paul posted? Impressive, my friend!
Thank you very much :mrgreen:
RRforeveRR

Post by RRforeveRR »

No, thank YOU lol I sure got the point!
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

I heard it was the orange candy peanuts Sharon offered. :lol:
RRforeveRR

Post by RRforeveRR »

She mustve been feeling generous that day!
fortress
Madman

Post by fortress »

Can we just use Kickstarter web site and collect money to buy that damn Holy grail tapes or any pro shot randy related movie that supposed to exist
RRforeveRR

Post by RRforeveRR »

If only money were the only obstacle in this partucular debacle! Poor Randy!
fortress
Madman

Post by fortress »

It seems to be money related to me with all the story. If we are to wait for the O's to do something or the Rhoads, we will wait forever.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

hansolo wrote:They we referring to editing the tapes so it was just Ozzy and Randy that you would hear. Sharon would never destroy that carrot. Isn't it obvious to everyone who knows who Ozzy Osbourne that he can't write music by himself? He can sing, come up with a melody but he's not the brightest bulb, is he? I thought that's how she has been marketing him for the last 30+ years? The regular guy. Ozzy says some kid comes up and asks what kind of guitar he has and he explains he doesn't play. Who doesn't know that? It was a story because it probably happened only once! I don't know what Sharon would be worried about hiding. Hasn't that closet already been opened? Don't we know all the bad stuff but here we are.

Jack Osbourne " my dad is one of the most switched on people i know " through the osbourne show he was stoned .

Havent you heard Ozzys version of how the songs were written?? sat at a piano with one finger ......Anyone who saw that publicity coming from the Osbourne media machine wouldve quite possibly believed that and why not

Its important that people know the truthtoday since there is enough information to prove Ozzy lied and cant remember ( or chooses not to remember) certain very important events that shaped his career .It certainly wasnt just Randy Rhoads that " saved " Ozzys career and accepted to work with an unreliable drunk it was 3 world class musicians that took a risk.
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

mojopin70 wrote:
hansolo wrote:They we referring to editing the tapes so it was just Ozzy and Randy that you would hear. Sharon would never destroy that carrot. Isn't it obvious to everyone who knows who Ozzy Osbourne that he can't write music by himself? He can sing, come up with a melody but he's not the brightest bulb, is he? I thought that's how she has been marketing him for the last 30+ years? The regular guy. Ozzy says some kid comes up and asks what kind of guitar he has and he explains he doesn't play. Who doesn't know that? It was a story because it probably happened only once! I don't know what Sharon would be worried about hiding. Hasn't that closet already been opened? Don't we know all the bad stuff but here we are.

Jack Osbourne " my dad is one of the most switched on people i know " through the osbourne show he was stoned .

Havent you heard Ozzys version of how the songs were written?? sat at a piano with one finger ......Anyone who saw that publicity coming from the Osbourne media machine wouldve quite possibly believed that and why not

Its important that people know the truthtoday since there is enough information to prove Ozzy lied and cant remember ( or chooses not to remember) certain very important events that shaped his career .It certainly wasnt just Randy Rhoads that " saved " Ozzys career and accepted to work with an unreliable drunk it was 3 world class musicians that took a risk.
Well said .....and to add to that....ever hear lots of people taking the piss out of 'artists' who have someone to write their lyrics, someone to write their music, then record an album, and then their 'fans' say "Oh wow he/she's such an amazing artist"...yep......Ozzy Osbourne.
shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

Havent you heard Ozzys version of how the songs were written?? sat at a piano with one finger ......
No, I have never heard that fable. When and where did you see or hear that?

Anyone who cares enough to know how those songs were created.... knows, for the most part, how they were created.
It has been dissected here, to death.

WE KNOW!
Its important that people know the truth today since there is enough information to prove Ozzy lied and cant remember ( or chooses not to remember) certain very important events that shaped his career.
Why is this information so important?
Why try to convince people that really don't care, which means a large part of the population?
Ozzy Osbourne is hardly the first performer to be propped up from behind with a bunch of talent, either.