' The Grail ' contents...

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: ' The Grail ' contents...

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Cheers Troy i'm just passing on the info i have, one thing i must point out. Bob has been asked on more then one occasion about any other songs that never made it onto the albums. OK they may not be complete finished tracks but he never mentioned any of the above.
Another thing that came to mind was the mention of the Ozzy 30th anniversary package. I asked Bob on more then one occasion if he know that the 30th anniversary box set was being released and both him and Lee had heard nothing and had no correspondence with the O$bournes. Bob is now saying it was the offering up of the 'Grail' which inspired the O's to release the 30th box set edition ?. Not a big top secret but why did he not just say yeah we are in discussion with the O's ?. Plus $haron said in that video interview that they had out takes and jamming material from during the recordings etc. which would of been the material from the Grail ??.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

rokket wrote:Just too bad the O's won't allow it's release, unless Bob sells it to Sharon, and that doesn't mean it would be released, she could just throw the tapes in a box and do nothing with them. She won't want to release them because then she would have to pay Bob and Lee a royalty....ha...thats never going to happen. The only other way would be for Bob to load them up to youtube or give copies away for free, which I wouldn't do, and wouldn't expect Bob to either. The O's won't sign off to allow Bob to release them, so...chances are...they'll probably never see the light of day. You can't just edit out any Ozzy vocals, the O's own the music as well.
The thing is why would they ($haron or Bob) release that 'grail' stuff?
I don't think they will make a huge profit as the market is too small, it probably will cost only. The Box-set was the best oppertunity to release it with imo. I think the only chance this stuff will be released one day is some kind of action by Bob like how Kevin Dubrow released the RR years cd. That was also a 'out of love' action that cost him more than it made profit. btw I'm not saying Bob should do the same.

If I was Bob I would do it like this: at times I would upload some of that stuff in mp3 format on his website adding some little background info or stories to be enjoyed by the Randy fans. That way he makes his website more interesting, keeps control, and at the same time setting some 'things' from the past straight. It could be done on a sub-page on his website, something like 'the story behind writing the Blizzard songs' and once in a while add some things (mp3's, pics, little stories) the fans can look out for. :)
Still no profit but at least more joy for everyone I guess. (including Bob himself)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

Paul Wolfe wrote:Now if Sharon and Ozzy would just go up in a small plane and buzz a bus... or go shopping in Nairobi... we could get them out of the way and get our hands on this stuff...
Remember this? if only..................

Sharon Osbourne :

"He came down in his underpants, sat on the sofa right opposite me and said, 'We've come to a decision.'
"I was like, 'Yeah, sort of sarcastic, 'What's the decision?' and he said, 'We're very sorry but you're going to have to die.

There's no other option.

"I said, 'Yeah, shut up, **** off and he jumped on me and his whole bodyweight was on top of me.

"He had his hands around my neck, he landed on top of me, I just kept thinking, 'The kids, the kids, you cannot do this, I'm not ready.'"
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

I suppose Bob could release on you tube or sell it to a bootlegger, which is not too popular these days. Or something would have to happen to Sharon...

These details that seemed to just come out, one from Idol came from Klein but I didn't think that Bob gave them anything. He may have played some stuff for them or put it in a list and what is the deal with the "corrected" facts? Have you heard these tapes? What is your source?
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

How did the boxset do? I haven't heard any numbers but they released that, 2 singles, both albums on 180G, then both albums on picture discs and 'Live' on 2lps.

I always thought that the attack on Sharon was BS. My opinion means nothing, I wasn't there but I always hear different versions of the story. If Ozzy had his weight on top of her, how did she get to the panic button? Was it before? Of course Ozzy has no recollection of it either.
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

Wild haggis and jet lamp :wink:
Mikel
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

The Flying Dutchman wrote: If I was Bob I would do it like this: at times I would upload some of that stuff in mp3 format on his website adding some little background info or stories to be enjoyed by the Randy fans. That way he makes his website more interesting, keeps control, and at the same time setting some 'things' from the past straight. It could be done on a sub-page on his website, something like 'the story behind writing the Blizzard songs' and once in a while add some things (mp3's, pics, little stories) the fans can look out for. :)
Still no profit but at least more joy for everyone I guess. (including Bob himself)
I love this idea.

Why does everything have to be 'for profit'? Ozzy has more money than he'll ever need and I'm sure Bob's doing alright. So why constantly profess how much Randy meant to you and how much you loved him and then only ever try to profit off of him?

Naive, maybe, but I get so tired of the greed factor.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
The Flying Dutchman wrote: If I was Bob I would do it like this: at times I would upload some of that stuff in mp3 format on his website adding some little background info or stories to be enjoyed by the Randy fans. That way he makes his website more interesting, keeps control, and at the same time setting some 'things' from the past straight. It could be done on a sub-page on his website, something like 'the story behind writing the Blizzard songs' and once in a while add some things (mp3's, pics, little stories) the fans can look out for. :)
I love this idea.

Why does everything have to be 'for profit'? Ozzy has more money than he'll ever need and I'm sure Bob's doing alright. So why constantly profess how much Randy meant to you and how much you loved him and then only ever try to profit off of him?

I know he hates the internet, it would all have to be done through Sky but its a good idea.....
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
ahhh,greed...and hate and war...its what seperates us from the animals. :|
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120
shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

This is what I have been saying all along..... here.
And this refers to all things Randy related - from the EBay muggers to the large cast of characters in the Randy Rhoads saga themselves.

After some 30 years, the deeper (as RR fans) we dig and the wider the circle around the central figure becomes, the nastier it seems to get.

I understand the idea of 'making money', but sometimes value can't be measured in dollars.
Something is only worth what someone else is willing to spend at any given time.

As a performer, I believe the artist in Randy wouldn't want everyone to hear his works in progress, nor will a painter show a half-finished piece.
He obviously had high standards with regards to his playing. Would I find them interesting? Sure, but I would rather just listen to it as it was originally presented.

Baby pictures, crash pictures and rumors of sibling rivalry are no substitute for getting to see and hear him play in the best light possible, at the apex of HIS career. That would be footage. And we know it exists.....

All soup, no fish.

My thoughts.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

It could never happen as it will have Randy playing on it..Which is a big no no in the O's camp. The only thing Bob could post up would be anything with just him playing or Lee. The musics copyright would prevent any of it being used as an mp3 or youtube upload. You'd have to have it leaked out without any knowledge of the original poster. But it would lead back to Bob as he owns the originals. Plus the O's have heard it and know what's on it.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:It could never happen...
Never is such a silly word. Of course it could happen. If Bob were to decide to share some of this stuff, he could easily leak it out there, report it stolen, it appears on YouTube, gets downloaded by fans, the O's shut it down, but now it's out there...

The only way it could never happen is if a profit were required... as always, just speculation because everyone is content to go to the grave without sharing anything more... then again, after the funeral I can see Jack and Kelly letting everything out.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Pure speculation It'll not happen pure and simple he missed the perfect opportunity to release it with the 30th box set but the mention of money and wanting a royalty put the spanner in the works. Yeah i wouldn't expect it to be released for free. But how do you put a realistic price on a tape that is a pure exclusive item.
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Post by randy will never die »

hansolo wrote:How did the boxset do? I haven't heard any numbers but they released that, 2 singles, both albums on 180G, then both albums on picture discs and 'Live' on 2lps.

I always thought that the attack on Sharon was BS. My opinion means nothing, I wasn't there but I always hear different versions of the story. If Ozzy had his weight on top of her, how did she get to the panic button? Was it before? Of course Ozzy has no recollection of it either.

I have been wondering the same thing

Would love to see the sales numbers on the box set
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

Fact is everything costs something to produce, people don't go to any effort these days without expecting to be paid. The box set, the wine, the books, ....the grail tapes, ...yes, it's about RR, and thats why people want it, but those items also cost money to produce, regardless of the artist. Just because it's RR doesn't mean everyone says, "oh well in that case we won't charge for bottles, paper, printing, cd's, vinyl, pressing, manufacture, distribution, etc..etc..In the case of the Grail Tapes, it's still because of work, effort, time etc that they exist, all the things we expect to be paid for....all of us. Who works for free these days?