Old Wrongful Death Suit

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

hsvtiger

Old Wrongful Death Suit

Post by hsvtiger »

All,

I remember stumbling across an old lawsuit from the plane crash a few months ago. While looking for it again I found another article, from of all places, a Maine newspaper. Anyone run across any of this before? I sure didn't remember reading it before anywhere? Anyway, read for yourself, Rhoads and Youngbloods sued Aycock for 25 million.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1 ... 31,3463361

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1 ... 17,4453426

Scott
Tito
Mass Poster

Re: Old Wrongful Death Suit

Post by Tito »

wow never heard about a wrongful death suit good info thanks for posting!
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

New to me as well. Wonder the outcome?
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I mentioned this a few years ago and it was news to me then. i cannot find the thread but this is the cutting from the time. It wasn't long after the crash when they filed the suit.
Attachments
RR Leesburg clippings 9.jpg
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

thanks idol!!!
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

If you notice in the cutting they refer to Randy as a 'British guitarist' it's not the first time i've seen this mentioned i don't know if it was just assumed Randy was British because he was in Ozzy's band or if it was down to his accent ?.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

probably bieng in ozzys band the media just assumed he was british instead of doing a little research.typical of the american media.dont ever watch breaking news from the u.s its always wrong..wait a day or two to get the facts here lol
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I like the speculation about unreleased material and the three albums Randy was instrumental in writing for prior to his death.

Having majored in journalism, it annoys me when things are put in print with little or no verification. If you can't even spell "Ozzy" correctly when it is clearly printed on the record, then I'd question every other piece of information you print.

That said, I'm curious of the outcome of this case.
hsvtiger

Post by hsvtiger »

Thanks Idol! I hadn't seen your previous post years ago. Interesting reading with the O's in the middle of it as well. I wondered if "business associates" was going back directly to them. This probably is the reason why little is ever said. It was filed just months after the crash and some kind of resolution one way or the other must have occurred. Dick Murphy is a name I'd not heard before. Anyone run into him in visits to Leesburg?
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

They did have BOO, DOAM and the live E.P. 3 records. Reading that article made me think of the plane just going in to the bus at full steam as a possibility of what might of been the intention but let's not get in to speculating.