A message from 'Rhoadies'

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

rhoads56
Cool Member

Re: A message from 'Rhoadies'

Post by rhoads56 »

Dangling Carrot wrote:I agree with Perry, she is a nut case.
I want to set the record straight by saying I didn't refer to anyone in any way that could be identified as a single person (or a group), nor male or female.

:)
RRfan4eveRR

Post by RRfan4eveRR »

(New account again) Also, I would like to clarify that I didn't mean to imply that you would suffer any ill effects in your business from any comments you make online. I just used that as an example and didn't mean you in particular. I wanted to say that I felt that your comment was respectful by not attacking anyone directly. IMHO self censoring isn't necessarily a bad thing when these RR communities are so closely intertwined. I can't understand why people keep telling the family that fans want "more" of Randy, no matter how insignificant the information is. True that some would say they want any and all Randy they can get, I guess that I am just not one of them.

I can see the family values privacy and perhaps afraid of losing control with Randy`s likeness, so if/when they'd release something, I think it would be redundant and an effort to quash anything said about him they disagree with in that bio. And I support the family, especially with their court case, but I do feel this way. With everything they're dealing with, I think it's kind of pointless to ask anything more of them, especially if Delores' health is in any decline.
I don't have a short attention span I
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

Is Tami Forward the old bird i saw on a video that used to hang around with Randy? is she a dangerous person? a nut job? has she done something wrong?

I think Idol has made some good points personally my opinion is that he is real fan and a decent chap and i dont see him as being obsessive or suffering any serious mental illness.He has been a fan much longer than me and even saw Blizzard of Oz live in 1980 i wouldve loved to have seen a show but i was 6 years old so i had to make do with a clip on Dont Blame Me when i bought it in 1992 and clippings from guitar magazines and the records themselves.

As an old fan who went full circle and started listening to old rock records again recently to my surprise/luck an old school friend and his sister bought the house where they wrote the albums and that was my way of finally seeing something real that is part of Randy Rhoads`s life it may seem strange but it means a lot to me personally.
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
rhoadie.1

Post by rhoadie.1 »

Heres the Thing, Everything I post on My page comes from the Rhoads Directly to Me! Not out the side of my neck like some of you. Yes Mrs Rhoads is Going to be 93 on March 30 and Yes she does not attend the Memorials nor teach at the school, she is wheelchair bound & it's very hard for her to get around. She Does However Teach at home twice a week. She has All her facilities & is as Smart as a whip. Which is Way more than I can say about Most of you, not all but Most! All the 'Randy' Experts on here, you crack me up! Get a Life & leave others alone....Fans pfffft

This is the 'Obsessed Nut Case' and I APPROVE This Message =o)
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Post by randy will never die »

I smell a war in the distance :lol:

Have no fear the peacekeeper is here

how might be of service
rhoadie.1

Post by rhoadie.1 »

You All should be ashamed of yourselves...A REAL Fan would respect the family not bash them.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Meh, I have nothing to feel shame over. I owe the family nothing. I don't know them. I'll never meet them.
It's nice they make themselves available to the fans. Ditto for the school/museum. I suppose it's nice to do the meet and greet at the cemetery, but personally, that's not for me.
I'm not a guitarist, (bass), and though he's one of my favorite, I have no use for the gear the family have approved of, plus, all of that is priced for a 'collector's market', shall we say?
The estate itself has yet to release something that is for all fans, both in price and content.
Could they themselves not release a book of photos, supplied by any and all of the photographers who shot him during his short time on the live stage? Maybe have text, written by his colleagues and peers, accompany the pics, ala the Zlozower Van Halen books?
Even a lousy t-shirt or two? I'm not saying they venture into beer coozie & shot glass territory, but some simple, quality merchandising goes a long way, really.
I used to think there was nothing available because it was told that the family did not wish to make money off Randy's name.
Had they done something simple and small, like a photo book, then folks couldn't complain. (as much.)
When at the relic unveiling, Kelle hoped that someday some kid would find this guitar, (at 12 grand), it came off as clueless, when you add in the wine, it sort of comes off as the family cares about fans of a certain stature.
I do realize the family do give much of themselves, with the appearances, and what they repeatedly share with the fans, over and over, year after year.
All I'm after is audio. More importantly, audio of the original lineup. I have no interest in the band once they crossed the Atlantic, as they ceased being a band, and the rhythm section was downgraded.
It'd be nice if the family had some sort of say in getting live stuff released, but I think a$$hole owns the recorded end of things, so, I consider myself out of luck until control is passed on to Jack.
The folks at Sony are oblivious to the fact that quality material from one of their top artists is being held back by that artist's management, over a decades-old grudge, which to me, is totally irresponsible.
There's one question I'd love an honest answer to from the Rhoads: What's their percentage? I don't care how much money it is, I'm just curious as to how much of Randy's publishing do they get, how badly did $he hit them, and is it true that Randy's contract was altered shortly after he passed?
As an aside, I have no actual problem with the wine. I got a bottle when it came out. In a way, it's smart of Kathy, even if it's unintentional, that she's holding these events, as it draws the crowd to the winery and away from the cemetery.
~Tom
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
Overlord

Post by Overlord »

rhoadie.1 wrote:Heres the Thing, Everything I post on My page comes from the Rhoads Directly to Me! Not out the side of my neck like some of you. Yes Mrs Rhoads is Going to be 93 on March 30 and Yes she does not attend the Memorials nor teach at the school, she is wheelchair bound & it's very hard for her to get around. She Does However Teach at home twice a week. She has All her facilities & is as Smart as a whip. Which is Way more than I can say about Most of you, not all but Most! All the 'Randy' Experts on here, you crack me up! Get a Life & leave others alone....Fans pfffft

Ever heard the saying "don't shit where you eat"?
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Post by randy will never die »

rhoadie.1 wrote:You All should be ashamed of yourselves...A REAL Fan would respect the family not bash them.

Dude just relaxe

Don't come here looking for a fight
You will be disappointed

I respect Randy's family
I respect that after all these years Randy's family still treat the fans with kindness

I don't speak for every person on this site BUT THERE ARE PEOPLE ON HERE THAT HAVE GREAT RESPECT FOR RANDY AND HOS FAMILY

Soo just calm down
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

rhoadie.1 wrote:You All should be ashamed of yourselves...A REAL Fan would respect the family not bash them.
Oh please. And you're helping the cause how, exactly? :roll:
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

rhoadie.1 wrote:Heres the Thing, Everything I post on My page comes from the Rhoads Directly to Me! Not out the side of my neck like some of you. Yes Mrs Rhoads is Going to be 93 on March 30 and Yes she does not attend the Memorials nor teach at the school, she is wheelchair bound & it's very hard for her to get around. She Does However Teach at home twice a week. She has All her facilities & is as Smart as a whip. Which is Way more than I can say about Most of you, not all but Most! All the 'Randy' Experts on here, you crack me up! Get a Life & leave others alone....Fans pfffft

It always amuses me that the people who apparently have no use for this forum and paint all of its members with wide brush strokes feel the need to visit and give us the sermon from the mount.

Not everyone here should be lumped into the same category, as with anything in life. So, with that, I take your comments with a huge grain of salt.

"Critics"....pfffft. Somehow your opinion is more important than everyone else's here? The hypocrisy is staggering. This is a forum, and there are people with differing opinions, and whether you agree with them or not is beside the point. It's their right to have that opinion, just as it's your right to have yours. People will have differing opinions, and other people will agree or disagree. Get used to it.

By the way, I believe the word you are looking for is "faculties", not "facilities". A facility is a building or place.
rhoadie.1

Post by rhoadie.1 »

Whatever Madman, really don't care about the spelling just like I really don't care what people like YOU have to say. AND if you could read which apparently you can't or you just see what you want to see, I said MOST not All!! So I guess you took offence because you are part of that category huh Either way, still MOST here are self acclaimed 'Rhoads' experts, & either way you ALLLLL should be ashamed of yourselves for bashing the Rhoads, If you respect Randy, you respect what he stands for...Family, & others feelings. Funny thing is Not 1 of you here even know what your talking about, NOT 1. And you are a Bunch of tools, self-centered Narcissistic Ego-maniacs whose opinion only matters to the idiots who will listen...
rhoadie.1

Post by rhoadie.1 »

Overlord wrote:

Ever heard the saying "don't shit where you eat"?

LOL what do you mean by that. You crack me up....out of context hahhahaaaaa
rhoadie.1

Post by rhoadie.1 »

Ya know I don't know weather you all are uglier on the outside or inside, willing to bet Inside!
Isodee
Cool Member

Post by Isodee »

rhoadie.1 wrote:And you are a Bunch of tools, self-centered Narcissistic Ego-maniacs whose opinion only matters to the idiots who will listen...
I have to agree. :lol: