A message from 'Rhoadies'

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

TAB
Madman

Re: A message from 'Rhoadies'

Post by TAB »

GuitarIdol, I completely agree with you there!
Last edited by TAB on Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

Why would someone make a statement that Delores is still teaching from home? Isn't she 93 now? She can no longer go to Musonia and to the cemetery gatherings, so how can she still teach? A video was posted on You Tube of Kelle asking her questions and she did not answer coherently.

I refuse to listen to any comments about what may be coming in the future.
dasboot

Post by dasboot »

I was glad to get the video footage from the boxset last year. I have a fully signed Blizzard thanks to GuitarIdol, and I made the pilgrimage to Randy's grave. After nearly 30 years of being a fan, I cant hold out hope for anything more. That's all there is as far as I'm concerned.
"He could interpret blazing renditions of his compositions as easily as taking a breath"-Rudy Sarzo
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

Silver Rhoads wrote:Why would someone make a statement that Delores is still teaching from home? Isn't she 93 now? She can no longer go to Musonia and to the cemetery gatherings, so how can she still teach? A video was posted on You Tube of Kelle asking her questions and she did not answer coherently.

I refuse to listen to any comments about what may be coming in the future.
+1

Not holding my breath either. It's all speculation until something actually is released.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
rhoads56 wrote:I would say this is less about the family, and more about an obsessed nut case that has told the family the fans want more.
Could you elaborate?

I'm just making a comment to continue to raise my post count high enough to displace Trigger. :wink: :D
So Tami Forward is the "obsessed nut case"? Again, just trying to clarify... I read the posts and no one will name names.
rhoads56
Cool Member

Post by rhoads56 »

Why do you need a name?
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

rhoads56 wrote:Why do you need a name?
See, here's the thing, I put MY name on every comment I make on the Internet. I stand behind every comment I make on or off the Internet. If someone persuades me with their point of view to change my point of view I admit to being wrong or having not seen it from that point.

You do not post under your name, although I do know who you are. You made a scathing comment about someone and don't show the backbone to use a name. Maybe that's cool in Australia, but in the States it's considered cowardly, regardless of how often people do it.

I ask for a name so I can respect you for having an opinion and having the balls to stand behind your opinion. It doesn't matter to me if you give me a name or not. If you do, I'll have respect for everything else you post, if you don't, I'll consider everything else you post to be suspect. You probably don't care how I feel, and that's fine.

The way I see it it that you've made a name off of some of your work related to Randy and if you name names, some people will lose respect for you, so you make a statement without a name. I understand your not wanting to influence the business you get, but if you can't say something nice, why say anything?

Ultimately, I felt your original post was chickenshit and I'm calling you on it.
rhoads56
Cool Member

Post by rhoads56 »

I just thought it was more prudent to not 'go there' but ultimately I don't care.

If you feel like labelling me a coward for not naming someone (or numerous people) I call an obsessive nut case, purely because they are a.... Wait for it.... Obsessive nut case, then so be it.

I was calling out the claims that the fans are begging for more info about the Rhoads family. I say they don't care.

My name is Perry Ormsby for those that don't know.
RRforeveRR

Post by RRforeveRR »

Personally, I thought that not calling out the "obsessive nut case" by name was professional and respectful of Perry, Paul. And just because some of us don't use our given names doesn't mean shit towards anyone's credibility and/or balls- IMHO. In many cases it's absolutely prudent to not use one's given name as that could have implications in their profession and relationships- while I admire that you stand behind everything you post with your name, personally I don't think that it's necessary. In some cases it can have disasterous consequences- why should Perry have to call anyone out? This is only the internet, no need to get all indignant over it.
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Post by randy will never die »

I AM BACK...........

I am not gonna start jumping off bridges until I have my parachute

Sooo I need a little more proof
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

RRforeveRR wrote:Personally, I thought that not calling out the "obsessive nut case" by name was professional and respectful of Perry, Paul. And just because some of us don't use our given names doesn't mean shit towards anyone's credibility and/or balls- IMHO. In many cases it's absolutely prudent to not use one's given name as that could have implications in their profession and relationships- while I admire that you stand behind everything you post with your name, personally I don't think that it's necessary. In some cases it can have disasterous consequences- why should Perry have to call anyone out? This is only the internet, no need to get all indignant over it.
I see your point and respect your opinion. I disagree about it being prudent to not use your real name, however. If you are going to say something that would get you in trouble with your profession, maybe you should be prudent and not say those things. Do you see what I'm saying? When I say I stand behind my words, I mean that I say here what I would say face to face and I don't say things that would adversely effect my life in the real world.

I reacted as I saw fit in my opinion, and that's all it is - my opinion. I respect your opinion as well and thank you for phrasing it so well.

Peace.

Paul
rhoads56
Cool Member

Post by rhoads56 »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
RRforeveRR wrote:Personally, I thought that not calling out the "obsessive nut case" by name was professional and respectful of Perry, Paul. And just because some of us don't use our given names doesn't mean shit towards anyone's credibility and/or balls- IMHO. In many cases it's absolutely prudent to not use one's given name as that could have implications in their profession and relationships- while I admire that you stand behind everything you post with your name, personally I don't think that it's necessary. In some cases it can have disasterous consequences- why should Perry have to call anyone out? This is only the internet, no need to get all indignant over it.
I see your point and respect your opinion. I disagree about it being prudent to not use your real name, however. If you are going to say something that would get you in trouble with your profession, maybe you should be prudent and not say those things. Do you see what I'm saying? When I say I stand behind my words, I mean that I say here what I would say face to face and I don't say things that would adversely effect my life in the real world.

I reacted as I saw fit in my opinion, and that's all it is - my opinion. I respect your opinion as well and thank you for phrasing it so well.

Peace.

Paul
Is this still going on? I find it fascinating that you seem to know enough about my business to judge if my comments here would effect it in a negative way, or not.

I do not, and have not for the past 6 years, taken orders for any Polka Dot V guitars. I refuse to. You cannot offer me enough money to take that order. WHEN I did build them (many time less than you could imagine), they were heavily discounted 'fanboy' pricing to 'look after hardcore fans'. You had to complete an interview to get one, and I knocked back 50 people for each one that ended up getting one. I could have built an entire career on building one style of replica. I chose not to.
The last order for one i took, I agreed to make for the cost of 20 bootlegs. They were NEVER a money making thing for me. I even knocked back one of Ozzy's guitarists, and said "go to GMW", because I knew it would just create more interest I wasnt interested in.

Ive had a MAJOR manufacturer, ask for me to consult and help them build the PDV in a mass production enviroment. I agreed on the condition Mrs Rhoads gave the go ahead, my name wasnt ON the product (or associated in any way), the family had the final say on the prototype and knew everything about what was happening, and my fees were donated to the scholarship. It didnt happen, as I guess they knew (as did I) that the Rhoads family probably wouldnt go for it (never did ask if they asked...). Anyone else would have taken that $15,000 consulting job.

So, calling someone (or numerous people) nutters, will not effect my business in this community. What is this community anyway, ten regular posters, and 20-30 infrequent visitors?

I take orders for less than TWO MONTHS of the year (three weeks this year!), not for that year, but for the end of the following one. 24-30 month waiting list. If 9/10th of the possible work I could potentially take on, fell over because I said someone was a nutter, on what is essentially an obscure forum (as much as we love it) I'd still be run off my feet.

I am yet to EVER place a photo of Kelly's bass on my website (other than a thumbnail of the magazine cover, and a tiny pic on the endorsee page... which will most definitely be removed when the new website comes soon).
I am sitting on 64 hours of high definition footage, that will never see the light of day.
I have refused to do three interviews regarding it, another from a TV show, and one from a radio station, as I didnt want to trade on "Randy's name".
THIS forum (and tk) contains EVERYTHING Ive ever said about it, online. Ive been pretty honest and open about it (both good and bad), without being nasty.
I do not use my business name in this forum, because Im not here for business at all (I challenge you to find a post by myself, trying to sell someone something, or promote my instruments). Im here because Im a fan. EVERY SINGLE OTHER FORUM I am a member of, has my name and link in my signature.

So, I say again, the reason why I chose not to call out one, or multiple nutters, is quite simply, because they are nutters. That's my opinion, based on private conversations, meetings, and various other sources. I felt like venting, but Im not so nasty that I feel the need to destroy someone's "life", or turn people against them. Make up your own mind. Ive made up mine.

Now, are we done, or shall we argue/discuss some more?
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

rhoads56 wrote:Now, are we done, or shall we argue/discuss some more?
Perry, look, you said what you said because you felt like it. I took offense because I personally feel that people shouldn't make negative comments directed anonymously the way you did.

I know who you are and about your business because I've been around this community since the turn of the century as well. I've heard nothing but good things about your work and for the record, I felt bad that Kelly sold the bass you built for him although I believe it was his prerogative to do so.

So, as far as I'm concerned, this is just a tiny little moment that happened. We disagreed about something and made our comments. I don't feel you are a coward, I feel the comments were cowardly, big difference in my opinion. You have explained your reasoning for your comments and I accept that we see things from different points of view.

You speak your mind and so do I, sometimes we'll be of opposing opinions, sometimes we may agree.

We're done here.
Dangling Carrot

Post by Dangling Carrot »

I agree with Perry, she is a nut case.
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

Some would say that anyone idolizing anyone who is dead, is nuts. :lol: So be it, I still like Randy Rhoads, Mick Ronson, Paul Kossoff, Tommy Bolin and Jimi Hendrix, very much. Maybe not as person, but their guitar playing has inspired me to such extent, that it can´t be underrated. So much for that pathos, I´ve been busy- and I need to sleep now. Take care friends and be well!!!! Long live Randy Rhoads and his legacy! Too bad he can´t be here to see it all... In good and in bad, that is. Peace and love anyway! :D
-Mikel :mrgreen:
Mikel