Bobs book is endorsed by the Rhoads Family

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Re: Bobs book is endorsed by the Rhoads Family

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:The pages in the book should stay stuck if you don't go opening the book wide open. I think the pages became loose because of the weight of the books pages on the binder / spine. Either lacking in glue or the pages have not been close to the binder when put together. I thought my book was ok until i went to close the book and one single page had came loose. The more i read the book the pages worked loose next to that page. It didn't put me off as the book is a gripping read and i'm slowing down on the chapters as i know its coming to a close. I've got nothing lined up for my next book. Can anyone recommend any good Rock stars autobiographies. I've heard Glenn Hughes book is suppose to be a good eye opener on his wilder days
Idol, a couple of other good autobiographies are Stephen Pearcy of Ratt's book, and of course Tony Iommi's book as well. I didn't care for Steve Tyler's book. And Mötley Crue's THE DIRT as well as Nikki Sixx's THE HEROIN DIARIES are gripping reads, although you might feel like you need a shower afterwards! :shock:

For really off the wall but intense writing, Henry Rollins' GET IN THE VAN, about his time in Black Flag, as well as where he was mentally and emotionally at that moment are good also. I'll warn you, though, Rollins is an acquired taste, and he's not for everyone. He almost goes into "stream of consciousness" type of writing at times.
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

Okay I got it mixed up a bit & have the book in my hand.....Im just gonna transcribe that section so pardon any typeos & what have you

Im wondering if I should make a new topic since this isnt about Bobs book,But did anyone ever answer my question about the pre-prodution demos for Blizzard ??

Okay I'll post that when im done typing
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

CanuckRhoadsFan wrote: And Mötley Crue's THE DIRT as well as Nikki Sixx's THE HEROIN DIARIES are gripping reads,.
Thats Funny because TheGripping,or rather the Binding on my copy of the Heroin Diaries is in Dozens of pieces.......Shambles,
Also my 1st edition of Off the rails is in a dozen pieces too,and full of type errors,the New version is Much nicer w/all those Ross Haflin pics & color pictures.

As for Rock Bio/Autobiographys........Ive read ALOT those are my choice for reading,But I MUST reccomend Scar Tissue from Anthony Kiedis....One of the best books Ive ever read! & (biting my Lip) Sharons autobiography is Actually Really,Really Great!! It gave me a whole different respect & understanding of her (and her buisiness practices) she grew up around it,born into it....but that doesnt excuse what she did to BOO & Diary or Bob & Lee.....But Gotta give her ccredit....another sidenote,I read it 3-4 times & still never found the part where she slept w/Randy?? Oh well Back to my Typing of Randys LSD Trip..lol

EDIT-Update** Since the topic is Rhoads Family Approving Bobs book,I felt it Hypocritical to tell a story that is EXACTLY what they wouldnt approve,
its under the topic Randys Drug Bust
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8368
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Cheers for the recommended books but i've read most of them. Looks like i'm going for KG Angels with Dirty Faces. Both Anthony Kiedus and Nikki Sixx's books make you wonder how much grief you can give the human body with drug abuse and still live to tell the tale. I suppose they are a couple of the luckier one's.

I enjoyed Tony Iommi's Iron Man book i wouldn't mind reading that one again. Lemmy's 'White Line Fever' is another great read.