Randy Lessons!

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Randy Lessons!

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I found this at RR.TK and thought I'd share it... the next issue of Guitar World is to feature Randy Rhoads Method guitar lessons.

Check it out here - scroll down and look at the banner at the bottom of the page. On sale Sept. 26th
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

I'll definately be getting that then! This time I know where to get it to and that you can actually get them in England, will be much easier than last time.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

that's a must have :D

someone oughta' rip it and share it 8)
Jake_E_Lee
Cool Member

Post by Jake_E_Lee »

ill sure buy!
therebel67

Post by therebel67 »

I gotta get this!
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Randy The Teacher

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

I got the "December" issue of Guitar World. The Lost Randy Lesson was really informative. Here's a quick breakdown of the article. The first section shows how Randy used the minor pentatonic scale pattern to demonstrate playing the scale without moving the fret hand up and down the neck. The next section discusses chord extensions which are simply notes used/added to chords to create blues riffs. The third section is concerned with establishing good alternate picking technique. In the fourth section Randy demonstrates how to combine the minor pentatonic scale with the Dorian scale as a way of connecting scale patterns in different positions using the sixth-string or fifth-string root positions. Certain visual aids called "triangle" or "Z" shapes are used to explain minor pentatonic scale patterns which end up in many signature riffs. There is more scale connecting with the minor pentatonic and Aeolian mode. The melodic minor scale is also explained in terms of a Dorian and Aeolian scale combined together. Chromaticism is given some discussion by relating it to minor pentatonic scales. Playing major triads up and down the fretboard is also discussed. That is just about it. Excellent article...
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

help a fellow Swede.

I can't get that magazine here :(
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Here's Something

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

I can do better than that. At the bottom of the first page of the article they state, "The complete text and annotated lesson plans of these Randy Rhoads lessons are available for purchase from RhoadsScholar.com, P.O. Box 80778, St. Clair Shores, MI 48080-0778." The cost is $9.99 for the PDF, and for $15.95+shipping you receive a CD copy of the book. I hope this helps Stiltzkin. I'm going to check into it and get a complete copy as well...
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...