Randys Zeus Pedalboard.

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

mojopin70
Mass Poster

Randys Zeus Pedalboard.

Post by mojopin70 »

Does anyone know if this Chris Watts guy has given back Randys pedalboard to his family ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if9nwQGy ... jm-4fMU03c

Or has he still got it? i cant imagine anyone in the Rhoads family is ok about this.....if it were me i would give it back since apparently its genuine.

I mean he paid 10 k for it but can you put a price on it? .......

I couldnt live with myself knowing that his mum is still alive yet i was holding onto his personal possessions.

By the way this is the guy playing ....

"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
dinomite
Cool Member

Re: Randys Zeus Pedalboard.

Post by dinomite »

Hey mate! This was a massive topic a little over 4 years ago when Randy's amp was listed on ebay and yes, it caused quite a stir. I'm not 100% sure on all the details but I can point you in the right direction of threads related to the whole mess:

viewtopic.php?t=3132

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3139

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3141

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3142

It makes for interesting reading to say the least...

On a slightly related topic, does anyone out there have a Zeus 8401 Mini Amp? Is anyone looking to sell or could point me in the right direction to get one? I check ebay from time to time, but one only seems to appear once in a blue moon. Although at the time all this went down, I do remember quite a few being listed.
I've been wanting to make a replica of Randy's for a long time as a project and most of the other parts in the case are pretty easy to get a hold of, just that Amp is very rare. I probably would never have asked but since it was brought up...
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Post by randy will never die »

Here's the zeus pedalboard in action and up close

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F5x4LV4Pc7E

The guy playing is a guitar builder for karl sandoval and he is also in a band called rhoads to ozz
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

mojopin70 wrote:Does anyone know if this Chris Watts guy has given back Randys pedalboard to his family ?

Or has he still got it? i cant imagine anyone in the Rhoads family is ok about this.....if it were me i would give it back since apparently its genuine.

I couldnt live with myself knowing that his mum is still alive yet i was holding onto his personal possessions.

Why don't you give him $10K for it and give it to the family if that's what's bothering you. $10k, that's a lot quiche!
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

As I recall, the guy tried to give it back to the Rhoads family, all he requested was that he be repaid for getting it. The Rhoads family declined and told him he could keep it.
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
GuitarJoe
Cool Member

Post by GuitarJoe »

I'm glad the pedal board is in the hands of someone who truly appreciates Randy.
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

Cryptic Night wrote:As I recall, the guy tried to give it back to the Rhoads family, all he requested was that he be repaid for getting it. The Rhoads family declined and told him he could keep it.
That kind of says it all right there, doesn't it? This is basically a moot point now, as very few people care about this. Let this guy keep it and have a piece of Randy memorabilia already!
rhoads56
Cool Member

Post by rhoads56 »

When I was in LA a few years ago, this Chris guy recognised me and said hello. We spent a bit of time chatting. Nice guy.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

Hmm, that's almost like giving away $10000.
Sure, if you're loaded with cash :lol:
hansolo wrote:
mojopin70 wrote:Does anyone know if this Chris Watts guy has given back Randys pedalboard to his family ?

Why don't you give him $10K for it and give it to the family if that's what's bothering you. $10k, that's a lot quiche!
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

Cryptic Night wrote:As I recall, the guy tried to give it back to the Rhoads family, all he requested was that he be repaid for getting it. The Rhoads family declined and told him he could keep it.

He requested `10 k dollars to buy it back? Why would someone do that? i cant for the life of me understand why someone would hold his family to ransom when any other decent human being would return it without a second thought.....
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

hansolo wrote:

It bothers me that people are making 10 k on a dead guitar players pedalboard .And it bothers me even more that someone tried to sell it back to his family . Disgusting.

And it bothers me that you obviously support it .....

Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

mojopin70 wrote:

He requested `10 k dollars to buy it back? Why would someone do that? i cant for the life of me understand why someone would hold his family to ransom when any other decent human being would return it without a second thought.....
Why would he fork out 10k to give it away for free?
Or better yet, why didn't the family buy it in the first place
if they so desperately wanted it back?
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

Stiltzkin wrote:
mojopin70 wrote:

Just some thoughts :

Being held to ransom at i believe 5000-8000 dollars from the " original" seller was the starting bid...

Or maybe Randy Rhoads`s 90 year old mother was searching on ebay for her sons lost pedalboard? Highly unlikely.

Did they even know he owned a zeus practice pedalboard ??

It seems they didnt know about it for 27 years until some bloke decided he was going to stick it on ebay?

This guy tried to sell it back to Randy Rhoads`s family....absolutely vile.

Let me ask you this.If this guy has so much money as he has boasted in the past -why not buy it and give it back to the family wouldnt that be the right thing to do?

Oh...no buy it keep it for yourself then try to sell it back to his mother lol.......unbelievable.

No wonder she said keep it.....

oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

Stiltzkin wrote:
because 10k is a lot of money and because the item was stolen from the rr estate.As next of kin,the family is the rightful heir to rr possessions,no?
Why should they have to pay a ransom to get something that belongs to them?
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

mojopin70 wrote:Let me ask you this.If this guy has so much money as he has boasted in the past -why not buy it and give it back to the family wouldnt that be the right thing to do?
oth wrote:because 10k is a lot of money and because the item was stolen from the rr estate.As next of kin,the family is the rightful heir to rr possessions,no?
Why should they have to pay a ransom to get something that belongs to them?
oh, I guess you guys have a boat load of money?
maybe you should buy the Zeus from him and give it back, just like that?
you have no problems whatsoever giving away that kinda' cash huh?

maybe it's rightfully theirs?
maybe they didn't know about it, although I seriously doubt that since the crew had to have some sorta' record
on equipment and whatnot. but whatever... what's strange is that the Rhoads's didn't seek any legal action
when the Zeus was offered to them. I wonder why? might it be that the law(although morally questionable) would
rule against them?

So, anyway, a different analogy... Let's say you buy a car you really like, like a vintage Mustang or something,
and later it appears that it has been stolen from someone. Would you give the car back in a heartbeat?