Randy Rhoads seance

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Randy Rhoads seance

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I don't know anyone's views on this but here goes...This may be a touchy subject but this is just a thought i had after reading about an article about Jimi Hendrix.I was somewhat amazed at what happened a good few years back at the Electric Lady studios.They decided to have a seance on the 23rd year of Jimi's death they had Jimi's 1969 Flying V which he'd played at the infamous Isle of Wight festival among other places.This was laid out in it's case on loan from the Hard Rock Cafe.Adjacent to the guitar was a rather gruesome piece of Hendrix memorabilia:a two piece amulet,once owned by the late Mountain bassist,Cream producer Felix Pappalerdi,that is topped by a substantial chunk of Hendrix's hair.With a medium present someone called Zena they went ahead and had a seance they "talked/interviewed " with Jimi through the medium.This was filmed by ABC-TV and broadcasted on 'Good Morning America' on Sunday 19th September one day after the 23rd anniversary of Jimi's death.
I know that this is either looked at as a load of crap for the 'non-believer' of the spirit world etc.But has anything like this been done with Randy has anyone heard any stories.It would be an interesting thing to happen and it would be weird to the answers Randy would give.What type of questions to ask him! What would you ask him? i cannot think of anything of the top of my head.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

First of all, I am a "non-believer", but I understand why some folks would find an interest in such a thing.

It hasn't happened, and won't as long as Delores is around. She would never let people treat Randy's memory in such a way.

Of course this is just my opinion, but it's based on what I know about Randy's mom and his upbringing.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Not done, and as rocky said, wont be. Nobody would do it while Delores is around!
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

If i was a medium i could do it now and no one could stop me !!!!!!!!.I'd just have to give Kelly Garni a ring and get a lend of Randy's thumbnail...LOL
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

skezza wrote:Not done, and as rocky said, wont be. Nobody would do it while Delores is around!
Yeah Joe But if you could what would you want to ask Randy ??
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
skezza wrote:Not done, and as rocky said, wont be. Nobody would do it while Delores is around!
Yeah Joe But if you could what would you want to ask Randy ??
If he was happy. Although i am not sure of all this kind of stuff, i was told you cannot talk about death or something as it can confuse the spirits or something.
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

If it were possible and was the right thing to do. (I'm not saying it is wrong or right, I haven't really thought too much about it), I probably wouldn't ask him anything,

I would just tell him how much he has influenced me as a person and a musician and how he's the greatest musician I've ever heard. Just stuff like that really.

All questions would just seem irrelivant in my mind. Can the spirits just freely talk without questions or can they only answer simple questions?
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

I think I'm more towards the non-believers but some things in life made me think there is maybe more between heaven and earth.

If I had the chance I would ask him how he got that great live sound! 8)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I think i would ask Randy if he did have any sexual liasions with Sharon Osbourne because i think it's a load of propaganda to sell stories and to make money.The reason being he had no time for groupies and he probably knew that Ozzy had feelings for her and i think he wouldn't do the dirty on Ozzy.She is minging anyway :( and i'd just love to find out,because i've convinced meself that its all prefabricated crap!!!
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Oh and another question that i would love to ask him.What do you think about the REMASTERS :oops: of Blizzard and DOAM and do you think Ozzy & Co. made the correct decision on removing the original Bass and drums.I know how alot of you's feel about this but i think Randy's answer would be something like" its a disgrace its like defacing Michelangelo Buonarroti's Sistine chapel paintings and giving them a coat of white wash"...
Count Jonah

Post by Count Jonah »

Apart from the questions I would ask anyone who has died, I would ask him why he got on the plane in the first place. I would let him know how much his music has meant to me.

It's just a "what if", not something that has been proven....but I don't think there's any harm in asking or seeing if there's more to it. I use to wonder if the Blizzard of Ozz album itself was haunted due to that low ghostly wind sound between Mr. Crowley and No Bone movies that seems to have come from nowhere. :?
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

I think that sound is Reverb from another song. They may have just accidentaly kept it at the start of it, or maybe it was an accident but they thought it sounded cool so they kept it.
deansolo
Cool Member

Post by deansolo »

I think you guys should get hold of a Ouija Board or some other kind of Oracle and hold your own seance......you could ask the Oracle to speak with Randy, then ask him all the questions you've been dying to know the answers to.

You'll never know the answers if you don't ask. :wink:
Cat's-Eye pedals now available at Vintage and Rare Guitars, London and Bath, United Kingdom

"Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?"

www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

deansolo wrote:I think you guys should get hold of a Ouija Board or some other kind of Oracle and hold your own seance......you could ask the Oracle to speak with Randy, then ask him all the questions you've been dying to know the answers to.

You'll never know the answers if you don't ask. :wink:
Hey Dean great to see you taking part! I would love to actually chat with randy being as i wasnt around when he was, however, i have to ask whether it would be appropriate. is it the right thing to do?
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

Well if it isn't the right thing to do and maybe if heaven and hell do exist, perhaps we'll all get to meet him one day.