Randy Rhoads seance

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

therhoadlesstraveled
Cool Member

Post by therhoadlesstraveled »

Such a morbid topic. The respect I have for Randy would make me let him rest in peace.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

therhoadlesstraveled wrote:Such a morbid topic.
I know everyone is open to their own opinion but i don't find this morbid.When alot of people die suddenly they find comfort in saying goodbye to their loved ones.If they do get a message from "the other side" thats a bonus for the family etc.The only difference here is that we are fans not family but we all would love to be Randy's friend buddy and i don't think he would mind us asking.You cannot talk about something thats never happened thats why i mentioned in the first place the Jimi Hendrix seance.I find it morbid when people talk about the coroner's reports about how Randy died and the fatal injuries he had.But people do want to read about this because its about Randy.
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

Don't want to try to make anyone think anything since this is just a silly coincidence, however...

This is the 6666th topic.

(opps sorry, made a mistake. That was posts! No worries :D)
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Ell wrote:Don't want to try to make anyone think anything since this is just a silly coincidence, however...

This is the 6666th topic.

(opps sorry, made a mistake. That was posts! No worries :D)
w00t!
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Re: Randy Rhoads seance

Post by mojopin70 »

Interesting since Bob ,Randy, Spencer and Ozzy held a seance at the house in Monmouth in 1979 it is in Bob`s book. I have never held a seance but i have read lengthy books on the subject from Crowley`s teachings and general Ouija talk. Btw the house where they did the seance is haunted and thats the reason they did a seance. Ive seen and heard some of the things there myself and whatever " spirit" answered them that night with the premonition was quite possibly the "Old Colonel" who lived there when it was a Country Club/Hunting lodge. Its interesting also that Ozzy had drawn protection symbols which are behind the studio walls when he was there with Sabbath some years before. Although it was probably the other band members since Ozzy was always pissed.
Attachments
Haunted House and location of the seance and writing of BOO and DOAM albums.
Haunted House and location of the seance and writing of BOO and DOAM albums.
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

mojopin70 wrote:Interesting since Bob ,Randy, Spencer and Ozzy held a seance at the house in Monmouth in 1979 it is in Bob`s book. I have never held a seance but i have read lengthy books on the subject from Crowley`s teachings and general Ouija talk. Btw the house where they did the seance is haunted and thats the reason they did a seance. Ive seen and heard some of the things there myself and whatever " spirit" answered them that night with the premonition was quite possibly the "Old Colonel" who lived there when it was a Country Club/Hunting lodge. Its interesting also that Ozzy had drawn protection symbols which are behind the studio walls when he was there with Sabbath some years before. Although it was probably the other band members since Ozzy was always pissed.
Interesting; I was going to mention the rather creepy seance that Bob mentions in his book, which is a scary yarn in and of itself.

I'm not a big believer in this stuff, but I do think more things happen than we can explain, for sure. I also believe that positive energy draws positive energy, and negative energy draws negative energy. Karma, if you will. I think people tend to consciously, or unconsciously, bring things about for themselves sometimes, sort of like self-fulfilling prophecy in some cases. The mind is a powerful thing, and I think sometimes people unconsciously channel things/suggestions that they might not ordinarily without meaning to.

Now if it's actually paranormal or not? That's another story. I'm always willing to be proved wrong, though. And sometimes it's uncanny how accurate premonitions and the like are. Mind you, you could explain this away as coincidence, so who knows?

I suppose if I could ask Randy something, it would be: what aspirations did you have with your life while on this plane of existence? I mean, we have speculations, but wouldn't it be interesting to actually know, if you truly could? I would also wish him peace.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:
mojopin70 wrote:Interesting since Bob ,Randy, Spencer and Ozzy held a seance at the house in Monmouth in 1979 it is in Bob`s book. I have never held a seance but i have read lengthy books on the subject from Crowley`s teachings and general Ouija talk. Btw the house where they did the seance is haunted and thats the reason they did a seance. Ive seen and heard some of the things there myself and whatever " spirit" answered them that night with the premonition was quite possibly the "Old Colonel" who lived there when it was a Country Club/Hunting lodge. Its interesting also that Ozzy had drawn protection symbols which are behind the studio walls when he was there with Sabbath some years before. Although it was probably the other band members since Ozzy was always pissed.
Interesting; I was going to mention the rather creepy seance that Bob mentions in his book, which is a scary yarn in and of itself.

I'm not a big believer in this stuff, but I do think more things happen than we can explain, for sure. I also believe that positive energy draws positive energy, and negative energy draws negative energy. Karma, if you will. I think people tend to consciously, or unconsciously, bring things about for themselves sometimes, sort of like self-fulfilling prophecy in some cases. The mind is a powerful thing, and I think sometimes people unconsciously channel things/suggestions that they might not ordinarily without meaning to.

Now if it's actually paranormal or not? That's another story. I'm always willing to be proved wrong, though. And sometimes it's uncanny how accurate premonitions and the like are. Mind you, you could explain this away as coincidence, so who knows?

I suppose if I could ask Randy something, it would be: what aspirations did you have with your life while on this plane of existence? I mean, we have speculations, but wouldn't it be interesting to actually know, if you truly could? I would also wish him peace.

Yes i agree with many things you are saying, and the "self fulfilling prophecy" is something that has been tested in psychological experiments for example in a group setting it was done in a classroom.The lower scoring students were deliberately left to hear the teacher and Psychologists talking about their potential . And over the next year the lower scoring students rose to the top of the class. So just by talking about them was enough .The same was done with what was considered to be an unattractive student where male students were asked to pretend they liked her and ask her out on a date. After about the 5 th student her confidence had risen so much that other students began to see her in a different light.

The Ouija board many say is the unconscious mind working away and producing " automatic " movement and sometimes writing. And also the unconscious mind is said to be part of the human soul. The Human soul they say is all knowing.........

Crowley had descriptions and names for all entities that were " evoked" through the ouija board like a "shell" a record of events and of a deceased person or their energy discarded at death and supposedly what invisible beings use to animate as a link to cross over.

I was reading about Bio-centrism the theory put forward by Robert Lanza.And i suppose that we influence all energy around us in many ways consciously and unconsciously.

Ive concluded that as energy never dies, then neither does consciousness. Ive seen things with my own eyes that do not and have not been explained by science or psychology or lets say have done but just poorly . Which is quite annoying because i can find science and scientific minded people too self righteous sometimes. On the other hand i found people like Crowley pompous but at least he was open minded. :P
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
Elvira
Cool Member

Post by Elvira »

So, Mojo, have u been at the house in Monmouth? Did u take pictures of the place?
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

Elvira wrote:So, Mojo, have u been at the house in Monmouth? Did u take pictures of the place?
Yes i have ,an old friend and his sister run the place now. Yes i took a few photos and recorded with a band up there in March this year that i play with.That wasnt because of Randy though. It was because my friend offered us some discounted recording time.

I live basically between Clearwell Castle ( where Randy first used his pedalboard) and the house in Monmouth.

For me personally it was very significant still because i did think at one point in the studio this is where Randy Rhoads spent weeks writing and playing now im sat here recording....

I saw Randy`s room when he was staying there too which is upstairs and the living room where they did the seance. The house is enormous and has many rooms it has that very old farmhouse type of feel to it. I can see why Randy liked it too also there is a river running through the garden where some of the bands went fishing.

The bottom photo Bob took and shows Randy,Ozzy ,Bob`s wife and Bob`s friend Pete Mills in 1979 ( Randy`s room is the one with the light on )

One up from the bottom i took earlier this year the studio is over to the right behind the white van the difference being the house has been painted white and has an extension to the studio and there is a river barrier now because the river used to come up and cause problems.

The top photo is when we were setting up some equipment to record. The other thing to note is that the big doors ( with the wheel pushed to the side on them didnt exist and there is an acoustic bass to the left this used to be a wall with two massive windows. It was basically just one large room when Randy , Bob and Ozzy were there ( it used to be someones living room before that !)

Many bands have been to the house . Queen and Led Zeppelin are a couple of them.
Attachments
postcard2.jpg
207288_10151726661479307_388125294_n.jpg
Photo0249.jpg
Last edited by mojopin70 on Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Elvira
Cool Member

Post by Elvira »

Oh Mojo thank you so much for the pics and info! So funny, its look like Randy forgot to put off the light of his room hehehehe.
What a beautiful place.
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

Great pictures of the location! :wink:
Mikel
kamalayka
Cool Member

Post by kamalayka »

I once read that Ritchie Blackmore was looking to hire a new bus driver in the late 70s. He met a potential guy, but rejected him on the spot, claiming to have seen a black aurora around him.

That guy was named Andrew Aycock -- the same man whom Ozzy would later hire.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

kamalayka wrote:I once read that Ritchie Blackmore was looking to hire a new bus driver in the late 70s. He met a potential guy, but rejected him on the spot, claiming to have seen a black aurora around him.

That guy was named Andrew Aycock -- the same man whom Ozzy would later hire.
Yes thats true Joe Lynn Turner was with him at the time. Ritchie could see a persons` aura really well . And basically said "no way" to driving their bus when he saw Aycock`s. The aura was totally black. That is BAD news. My friend has been able to see auras since he was a very small child and used to be able to see them around trees ,and all living things.

The black aura can mean a couple of things. But basically means the person has unclear intentions, has great inner turmoil, and can possibly harm others.

My friend said during his childhood his mother`s aura was completely black. And i can back this up because i happen to know her / of her.

She used to lock them in cupboards, beat them .His older half sister also told me she used to lock her up in a cupboard too.

She is selfish,vindictive,aggressive,nasty, sometimes violent,strange,creepy.

After all an "aura" is an electromagnetic field of energy that anyone can see with enough training. Its just being able to train your eyes to be able to see it properly.

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

mojopin70 wrote:...Ritchie could see a persons` aura really well... After all an "aura" is an electromagnetic field of energy that anyone can see with enough training. Its just being able to train your eyes to be able to see it properly.
So you can train yourself to see the electromagnetic field of say, a guitar pickup? That'd come in handy.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

I added Frank`s postcard to the photos of the house in Monmouth since they are all related . Thanks again Frank for making this postcard public .