Something RR related that's NEVER BEEN BROUGHT UP

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

randy will never die
Mass Poster

Something RR related that's NEVER BEEN BROUGHT UP

Post by randy will never die »

Was looking thought vids on YouTube a long time ago and stumbled on to a video about Randy's ring he wore on stage.

If I REMBER right randy wore this ring to make people (women) think he was married. WARING I do not know if that little story is 100% so don't through me in the fire its just a story I heard a long time ago

ANYWAYS Here's the vid

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RqUzgAyuvCA

P.s. I wanted to through this vid of Karl Sandoval making a concord replica.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HpGXufLuDZ ... re=related
Stiltzkin

Re: Something RR related that's NEVER BEEN BROUGHT UP

Post by Stiltzkin »

where did ya hear that from? doesn't mention it in the video.
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Stiltzkin wrote:where did ya hear that from? doesn't mention it in the video.

What the story ?

The story was something I heard long time ago before I saw that vid
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

ymp, the story :) just wondered where you heard it :)
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Stiltzkin wrote:ymp, the story :) just wondered where you heard it :)

To be honest it was way back on youtube on killingscences youtube page he's a BIG randy fan

He has just about every bootleg of ozz and randy on tour

Very fun guy to talk to
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I'm confused. The title says it's about something that's never been brought up. What hasn't been brought up? His ring has been discussed MANY, MANY, MANY times.
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Alex wrote:
Paul Wolfe wrote:I'm confused. The title says it's about something that's never been brought up. What hasn't been brought up? His ring has been discussed MANY, MANY, MANY times.

We've been on these Randy boards since OP was 6 years old. No surprise there. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SLAGER
Cool Member

Post by SLAGER »

I never knew that before. Great post and interesting ring. I want one too. I wonder who designed it originally and what the story is behind it. It does NOT look like a wedding ring at all
randy will never die
Mass Poster

SLAGER wrote:I never knew that before. Great post and interesting ring. I want one too. I wonder who designed it originally and what the story is behind it. It does NOT look like a wedding ring at all

The story around the RR on Randy's business cards and Ring is that randy loved the roll royce logo
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Here is a UR thread with ring discussion form '07...

In Jas Obrecht's 1982 interview with Kelle Rhoads, he asked where Randy's guitars are now. To Which Kelle responded:
I have no idea. Only my mom knows that. I do have something that I regard as extremely precious – I’ve got the ring that he wore that’s got his initials on it. It made me really happy to get that ring, because I didn’t think we were going to get that. It’s very important to me – I’ve never taken it off.
Here's the Rolls Royce logo:

RRforeveRR

Post by RRforeveRR »

Initially the main reason I clicked on this thread was to see how many posts into the thread before the whole "NEVER BEEN BROUGHT UP" thing was mentioned, and I'm somewhat amazed at the restraint exercised by the members here! lol

Anyway, the story I had heard (on an unmemorable internet resource) was that either Jan or Jodi bought it for him, with the intent to make it look like he was indeed married. Obviously, Randy wasn't married but most of the stories people have told have seemed to indicate that Randy was a gentleman when it came to interacting with the fans (in both QR and BOO/OO) so that would corroborate the ring theory/story IMO.

On a related note, many of the "never been brought up" issues with Randy are for the most part related to things like "was Randy circumsized" and that is something I'm sure not many people have an interest in (if anyone-I would hope!!) because the man has been dead over 31 years now, and it's quite unlikely that anything of value hasn't been previously (and thuroughly) discussed, debated, rehashed, disected and/or glorified about the man and his talent.
Lespauly
Cool Member

Post by Lespauly »

But Im sure Kelle knows where those gtrs are stored--He'd be foolish not to know seeing what there worth
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I want the precious givs it to me kind sir...
Yeah goes without say i reckon all of Randy's gear is stashed away in his bedroom or one of the rooms at Musonia. Putting Randy's full back line into storage would cost a fortune. Plus if the payments are not kept up, the whole contents would go to auction...That would be an auction worth bidding on. The Rhoads wouldn't waste money on a storage facility. IMHO i've always thought alot of Randy's original effects are still at Musonia. The early guitars Randy used Gibson 1920's army navy special, 1965 harmony rocket, plus other amps and speakers. They are valuable items and stored at Musonia, so are the rest of his guitars etc. at the same place ?. It's hushed up incase some wacko pulls up with a removal wagon and takes off with them. When all the equipment was photographed for the last RR book it was all shot at musonia. Work it out...
Last edited by GUITARIDOL5682 on Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stewie
Mass Poster

Post by Stewie »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:I want the precious givs it to me kind sir...
Yeah goes without say i reckon all of Randy's gear is stashed away in his bedroom or one of the rooms at Musonia. Putting Randy's full back line into storage would cost a fortune. Plus if the payments are not kept up, the whole contents would go to auction...That would be an auction worth bidding on. The Rhoads wouldn't waste money on a storage facility. IMHO i've always thought alot of Randy's original effects are still at Musonia. The early guitars Randy used Gibson 1920's army navy special, 1965 harmony rocket, plus other amps and speakers. It's hushed up incase some wacko pulls up with a removal wagon and takes off with them. When all the equipment was photographed for the last RR book it was all shot at musonia. Work it out...
I don't know.. It could be. What is supposedly in storage? His guitars and one head with 2 cabinets? Or more amps? Other stuff?

Does anyone have an idea what Randy would have earned in those years with Ozzy? Maybe a portion of his earnings was used to secure the important belongings? Maybe they arranged something with the record label / Ozzy (Sharon)? I don't know how these things go.