IS there a Bootleg of the Ozzy Live EP??

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

fortress
Madman

Post by fortress »

by the way, i love the bass line in the last solo of mr crowley of this EP
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Re: IS there a Bootleg of the Ozzy Live EP??

Post by sytharnia »

isn't it made up of more than one show??....did anyone ever figure them out??
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Post by randy will never die »

If my ears serve me right there are a few songs from the king bisket flower hour mixed in their

The others are hard to identify
fortress
Madman

Post by fortress »

k thx for the reply
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

Wasn't it Sunderland '80? I don't know of any bootlegs but it was supposed to come out with the 30 years after the blizzard boxset. Wasn't there even discs made up with "Sunderland" written on them?
fortress
Madman

Post by fortress »

So? the whole audio of this show exist somewhere?
tihsyloh

Post by tihsyloh »

Wasn't it Southampton 1980? I remember seeing an early photo of the 30th anniversary boxset with that disc in it. Didn't they use the guitar solo from that on the bonus Diary disc?
"But they're not blind, Its just that they won't see."[color=#0040FF][/color]
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

thats the show!!i remember seeing it too..alot of people were hyped up about it.
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

Yes, it was Southampton 1980! I'm not sure, I think Sunderland was a 1980 show too. I need to take my vitamins! :oops:
randy will never die
Mass Poster

tihsyloh wrote:Wasn't it Southampton 1980? I remember seeing an early photo of the 30th anniversary boxset with that disc in it. Didn't they use the guitar solo from that on the bonus Diary disc?

NO. iT WAS NOT SOUTHHAMPTON.

We only have 3 songs from SOUTHHAMPTON
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Here is mr Crowley from Southampton
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k3V5lHg3opM

Here is Suicide Solution from Southampton
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ztxr_QPwRJ0

You Said It All from Southampton

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OmaP5fjxm2o

I don't understand why 3 live pro audio songs were released but not the full set
tihsyloh

Post by tihsyloh »

randy will never die wrote:
tihsyloh wrote:Wasn't it Southampton 1980? I remember seeing an early photo of the 30th anniversary boxset with that disc in it. Didn't they use the guitar solo from that on the bonus Diary disc?

NO. iT WAS NOT SOUTHHAMPTON.

We only have 3 songs from SOUTHHAMPTON
If I remember correctly You said it all was recorded at the soundcheck at the Southampton show. It wasn't performed at the actual show. It seems like I read once that No bone movies and Goodbye to romance on Tribute were also from the Southhampton show. If thats the case then we got 4 songs from the actual show and You said it all from the soundcheck. I wish they would just realese the whole show instead of cutting it up everywhere.
"But they're not blind, Its just that they won't see."[color=#0040FF][/color]
SanDimasCharvel
Cool Member

Post by SanDimasCharvel »

Yes, the Live EP and Goodbye and No Bone from Tribute were all from Southampton. The Suicide Solo on the new live disc was also from there. According to the initial track listing posted on CD Japan, that Southampton disc was going to have only 10 songs. My best guess is that those would have not included the two songs still on Tribute (Especially since Goodbye on Tribute has vocals that were obviously redone and doubled) or You said it all (It was a soundcheck recording) and would have been the following:
I don't know
You looking at me looking at you
Crazy train
Mr. Crowley
Revelation mother Earth
Suicide solution
Iron man
Children of the grave
Steal away the night
Paranoid

Just a guess, but that disc was only going to have 10 songs which is obviously not the entire show. It's a shame that disc was changed. Still, I can't complain about having a mostly unheard 1981 show. I do wish they didn't reuse Flying from King Biscuit and feel like they had to use Sound Replacer on all of the drum tracks except on the solo. I really wonder what happened to the original Flying High Again from that show. There must've either been tape damage or a train wreck.

And yes, there is a bootleg of the IEP on eBay. Someone transferred the vinyl 12 inch single to CD and added covers. So it is a CD – R, not a silver pressed bootleg.
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

There is a rare pressed Ozzy CD single (Zakk era) with "You said it all" the only non-LP or tape version. I think I posted a pic of it here before. Breaking all the rules single?
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

SanDimasCharvel wrote:Yes, the Live EP and Goodbye and No Bone from Tribute were all from Southampton. The Suicide Solo on the new live disc was also from there. According to the initial track listing posted on CD Japan, that Southampton disc was going to have only 10 songs. My best guess is that those would have not included the two songs still on Tribute (Especially since Goodbye on Tribute has vocals that were obviously redone and doubled) or You said it all (It was a soundcheck recording) and would have been the following:
I don't know
You looking at me looking at you
Crazy train
Mr. Crowley
Revelation mother Earth
Suicide solution
Iron man
Children of the grave
Steal away the night
Paranoid

Just a guess, but that disc was only going to have 10 songs which is obviously not the entire show. It's a shame that disc was changed. Still, I can't complain about having a mostly unheard 1981 show. I do wish they didn't reuse Flying from King Biscuit and feel like they had to use Sound Replacer on all of the drum tracks except on the solo. I really wonder what happened to the original Flying High Again from that show. There must've either been tape damage or a train wreck.

And yes, there is a bootleg of the IEP on eBay. Someone transferred the vinyl 12 inch single to CD and added covers. So it is a CD – R, not a silver pressed bootleg.
Wasn't FHA on the KBFH usually put as the first track (push the single) and sounded like it cut in (without the count)? I'm thinking tape damage or they didn't have the original and what they had sucked. It was probably missing the count in. 1, 2, 3, 4...