IS there a Bootleg of the Ozzy Live EP??

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

DMRX
Mass Poster

Re: IS there a Bootleg of the Ozzy Live EP??

Post by DMRX »

Hey Folks!!! Got me a New Computer & am in process of installing my Files & Programs & am Happy to say I will Be Back in Buisiness With NEW some RR Videos...Man I havent posted a new one in Over a yEAR.....You will ALL BE HAPPY II PROMISE!!!
But while this subject is being discussed.......Does anyone Remember
The Blizzard 30th anniversary Box set (Pre-Release) promo Pictures of the Discs & Albums
Same Picture,pretty much as what ended up coming up but was removed after 2 days & pushed back another month???? Well the Live disc was Listed as South Hampton & then it was removed & when it finally was Released (Untitled) Mostly the Montreal (King Biscut Flower Hour show) The Track listing also had Extended versions Of Revelation & Tonight!!!!
I was Soooo Excited to hear the Revelation (which was Like a FULL Minute longer) & Tonight which was only about 20 seconds longer...I think there may have been one more Alt.Mix of something else,cant remember off hand at the moment,but I know FOR SURE that I have a Picture of the Box set w/that S. Hampton Disc & the track listing from CBS/SONY Records.......I'll work on looking for it because It was a Huge Thing to me (those remixes) That were pulled off at the last minute after it waas already announced that they would be on there & here 2 years later..I still havent been able to hear/read anything about it let alone .find it!!! I had been waiting to hear that Outro solo & Jam on Tonight since I was like 7 or 8 & read what Max Norman said about the Jam going on well after the fade-out,& I can only imagine what the extra minute in Revelation is???Probably the Quiet nylon string part before the Solo???

Heres a HQ Version of You said it all that was released on the Crazy Babies
CD single
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj86jBPHB7c
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

Crazy babies! I should of know. Yeah, I was looking around for that pic of the box set. If I had saved it, I dunno where it is.

That wasn't the first time there have been things pulled or bait and switch. Sharon described what sounded like Bob's grail tapes, "with the guys talking in the studio" for the box-set or the 2002 remix said BOO bonus "You said it all." I still have the ad. I seem to remember an Ozzy album from the 90's that had a bonus DVD of Afterhours (which they could have put out then - 2013 30 YATB DVD - not bluray!) and that was cut. You didn't get one full song.

I think Revelation had a longer tubular bell section. In the DVD, when you hear Randy play RME there is two versions, one sounds like a practice or demo because it doesn't sound like the album at all. I'm sure there is Randy stuff that they have that we would find interesting even if it was just a remix or hear the individual tracks.
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

Right...I remember when those ReRecordings came out,I hadnt heard anything about it & was at the record store & I would always look in the Ozzy section for the Bootleg or "import" as they called them so they could legally sell them & I saw Blizzard & it had different writing on the spine so I asked to see it & right on the front of the Case (I still have it) it has a sticker saying Bigger & Badder!! Ozzys 1st Solo album ReMastered & Remixed...I was Like HELL YEAH!!!! I love hearing alt.mixes & stuff like that,I have those albums planted in my DNA Ive listened to them so many times & I notice All kinds of Tiny differences that a majority of people never notice,I had the original 1987 Cds & then the 1995 Remasters (& I prefer the originals) Alot can change in the Mastering Process & I was just damn excited to hear another "New version" especially if it was Remixed....So I get home & put it on & off the rip I noticed the backwards Gong at the beginning of I dont Know was Quite Different,Im thinkin...Wow...This is Really gonna be Great!! Then the Bass & Drums Kick in & Im like..Damn!!! They Really brought this recording up to Date,& couldnt believe how up front the drums & bass were..not to mention the Guitars..CRISP AS FUCK!!!! The original Blizzard has a overall dull frequency to the mix & I just figured it was the mastering. Then Crazy Train starts & the Vibraslap was a different tone all together...I was like ??????? thats not right? & Ozzys I,I,I I wasnt moving in stereo the right way it used to...I figured well,lets see the rest of it..Goodbye to Romance starts & theres all theese acoustic guitars that are just buried in the original...I was Glowing!!! And Suicide Souloutions guitar intro was just so heavy I restarted it 5 times..Awsome .Then I got to the last page of the book & saw the parts were ReRecorded!! I was like WTF??? well at least i know im not crazy w/the strange pops on the bass & out of tune overtones & vibraslaps ect..ect..ect..I was Pissed they would fuck w/a perfect thing in such a way...I mean it wasnt broken so why fix it??It had already been proven (the numbers dont lie) in sales that Blizzard & Diary wernt in need of fixing,a remaster is the same recording just compressed & EQ'd differently...a remix would be cool to hear if it were the same recordings!!!! I took it as a Fun Novilty...I was taken aback though when I found that theese were replacing the Originals & you couldnt get them any more??? Even the greatest hits were replaced w/theese inferior versions...weak...I was Pissed though because there was NO Mention Anywhere on the sealed packaging that theese wernt what they said..they were ,I wouldnt have been as quick to buy them (well I would have) had I known they wernt Bob & Lee...I was Just Duped a few months earlier into buying Ozzys Down to earth album because the sticker on the packaging said Never before released RR Footage as a cd extra..and it turned out just being Afterhours snippets too not even a full song! and it was in Quicktime,not the best quality..so with that sticker it wasnt lying or false advertising because technically it wasnt released so I chalked it up as a loss,but I got real pissed when it happened again w/those rerecordings...I cant Say enough about those discs & I would be here all day debating about them...end of the day 10 years later the Originals came out & the remaster is AMAZING!!! better late than never...Its just a shame that they didnt use You said it all on the rereleases...probably so they wouldnt have to pay Bob & Lee Royalties on the Songwriting credits.For whatever reason they did use you lookin at me & not YSIA??
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

Hers a Pic of the Final released Box set

And heres the 1st pic that was released when the live disc was South Hampton And Revelation (extended) & Tonight (Extended) were on the track listing...You can see the CDs themselfs Look Different...I wish those extended versions would Magically "Pop-Up" online somewhere
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

And while were on the subject of the Live E.P I figured Id share Some of the Many Covers/versions of it .
I think its interesting & Cool all the different versions there were,this is not complete either being that I am currently trying to Reorganize my Computer & I Lost God only knows how many of my files (and Ive been adding RR files pretty much daily since early 2000s) But heres some of them.I read somewhere (I believe in a Goldmine Record price guide) that at the time during its release that the "Live E.P." or "Mr.Crowley Live" or whatever name it has was the Best selling Picture disc of all time at that point

I believe the 3rd & 4th from the bottom were Diary album picture disc ,I accidentally included them.There were 2 versions of the Live e.p. Picture disc That were the same only one of them had Diary of a Madman on it & one didnt...I dont know which one is More rare as I havent been able to find that info anywhere.I even had this on Cassete once about 20 years ago I found it used for $4.00 & it had the top picture for the cover & the cassette title was Live E.P.-It was from Canada & the Cassette was Black w/gold writing on it & was the 1st time I had ever heard you said it all!!!! What a find,i mean this was Pre-internet & before I had ever saw the picture disc...I think I ended up Stupidly trading-in the cassette for money for Weed :oops:But I had /still have 4 copies of . im lucky if I got a dollar for it,because I have the top one on black vinyl 12" (I believe its @ 45rpm so the quality is a little better than the Picture disc version which says right on the back cover that the sound quality isnt as good as it is effected from the Picture being a cardboard pitcure that the clear vinyl is pressed over.And I didnt really collect cassetetes besides bootlegs ,But Ive Never ever seen another copy of it on Cassette.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I've got 2 versions of this on cassette tape. I got them both for less then a £1.00 each on ebay.
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

Awsome!!! Thats the same Cassette I had w/the black tape I havent seen that in years.Thanks for the pic!!!
fortress
Madman

Post by fortress »

tihsyloh wrote:
randy will never die wrote:
tihsyloh wrote:Wasn't it Southampton 1980? I remember seeing an early photo of the 30th anniversary boxset with that disc in it. Didn't they use the guitar solo from that on the bonus Diary disc?

NO. iT WAS NOT SOUTHHAMPTON.

We only have 3 songs from SOUTHHAMPTON
If I remember correctly You said it all was recorded at the soundcheck at the Southampton show. It wasn't performed at the actual show. It seems like I read once that No bone movies and Goodbye to romance on Tribute were also from the Southhampton show. If thats the case then we got 4 songs from the actual show and You said it all from the soundcheck. I wish they would just realese the whole show instead of cutting it up everywhere.

it cant be song from tribute cuz on tribute, its aldridge and Rudy on drum and bass
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

fortress wrote: it cant be song from tribute cuz on tribute, its aldridge and Rudy on drum and bass
Don't always think because it was a supposed later concert that the songs didn't include Bob & Lee. You have to have a really good ear to be able to pick out the style of Aldridge to Kerslake and Daisley to Sarzo. But its definately them on a couple of tracks. The album was probably from various gigs if the truth be known. Its the same with the Diary album, the later band line up on the cover, but it is definately the earlier line up playing on it. I'm not an audiofile on stuff like this, but it has been discussed in more detail. Anyone want to pick up on the finer details.
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

GTR was not played on the US Blizzard tour. I don't think NBM was either.
fortress
Madman

Post by fortress »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
fortress wrote: it cant be song from tribute cuz on tribute, its aldridge and Rudy on drum and bass
Don't always think because it was a supposed later concert that the songs didn't include Bob & Lee. You have to have a really good ear to be able to pick out the style of Aldridge to Kerslake and Daisley to Sarzo. But its definately them on a couple of tracks. The album was probably from various gigs if the truth be known. Its the same with the Diary album, the later band line up on the cover, but it is definately the earlier line up playing on it. I'm not an audiofile on stuff like this, but it has been discussed in more detail. Anyone want to pick up on the finer details.

Sorry but its easy to know which drummer or bassist it is when i'm listening to a Randy audio show. There style are very different. Rudy doenst play the same bass line than bob too on some parts etc etc
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

[quote/]Sorry but its easy to know which drummer or bassist it is when i'm listening to a Randy audio show. There style are very different. Rudy doenst play the same bass line than bob too on some parts etc etc[/quote]

Being a bass player myself, I agree. Not saying Sarzo has to play it note-for-note, but it is pretty abbreviated. There is a difference when the person playing the tune didn't compose it.

~T.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
barkatozz

Post by barkatozz »

hansolo wrote:GTR was not played on the US Blizzard tour. I don't think NBM was either.
No Bone Movies WAS played on the US Blizzard tour.
www.myspace.com/barkatozzbass
barkatozz

Post by barkatozz »

hansolo wrote:
SanDimasCharvel wrote:Yes, the Live EP and Goodbye and No Bone from Tribute were all from Southampton. The Suicide Solo on the new live disc was also from there. According to the initial track listing posted on CD Japan, that Southampton disc was going to have only 10 songs. My best guess is that those would have not included the two songs still on Tribute (Especially since Goodbye on Tribute has vocals that were obviously redone and doubled) or You said it all (It was a soundcheck recording) and would have been the following:
I don't know
You looking at me looking at you
Crazy train
Mr. Crowley
Revelation mother Earth
Suicide solution
Iron man
Children of the grave
Steal away the night
Paranoid

Just a guess, but that disc was only going to have 10 songs which is obviously not the entire show. It's a shame that disc was changed. Still, I can't complain about having a mostly unheard 1981 show. I do wish they didn't reuse Flying from King Biscuit and feel like they had to use Sound Replacer on all of the drum tracks except on the solo. I really wonder what happened to the original Flying High Again from that show. There must've either been tape damage or a train wreck.

And yes, there is a bootleg of the IEP on eBay. Someone transferred the vinyl 12 inch single to CD and added covers. So it is a CD – R, not a silver pressed bootleg.
Wasn't FHA on the KBFH usually put as the first track (push the single) and sounded like it cut in (without the count)? I'm thinking tape damage or they didn't have the original and what they had sucked. It was probably missing the count in. 1, 2, 3, 4...
The reason FHA was the first song for that particular show was it was a later airing on the show that came on when Diary was out & FHA was the current single at the time. The original airing of that show starts off with I Don't Know as well as Carmana Burana being played while the announcer mentions the band as well as the venue(St, Denis Theater in Montreal).
www.myspace.com/barkatozzbass
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Also Iron Man and Children of the Grave featured, and they were brilliant versions.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.